forum

[invalid] Being Able to change the Font osu! uses

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Comet
Inspired by http://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comment ... omization/

So, the reddit thread above unfortuneantly didn't work which is a shame. However...

Why not make it a feature request? I personally don't see why it couldn't be added into options as a little drop-down menu with font written beside it as an aesthetic. Throw it below the three settings where one of them is the alternate font for chat toggle option at the very top of all the menus.

Add in the default font (I have no idea what's it called exactly but it's a variation of Sans Serif I think,) and allow for there to be a "Fonts" Folder created by the osu! launcher wherever you have osu! installed to (in my case, Program Files (x86) ), if it doesn't detect one. Maybe let it utilize TTF extensions & OTF extensions so of course whenever you place one of said types of files in the "Fonts" Folder it'll be in the menu after you restart the game (or maybe you can just tab back in, I dunno.) Boom, fonts now possible.

One rule, however:

In the above reddit thread, Bikko under the username of 02Bikk said that using a font that was too dark is more or less the same as changing gamma, and we all know where that heads :P So maybe restrict fonts darker than a certain shade of color. It would be quite complex though, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Other than that, thoughts? :D
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Wow. Amazing idea. :)
Looking forward for this. :D

Add: (maybe)
> For supporters only? (please noooooooooooooooooo :( )

--Nekomosh004
Bara-
p/2975289 Nope, sorry
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Outchie~... :(
peppy
Font is part of design, and will not be made flexible.
blahpy
I would advise to anyone else reading this thread against doing what was explained in that thread linked in the first post. Modifying the dll files is effectively tampering with the osu! client, which is not allowed. See here