forum

[duplicate] Peer-to-Peer Beatmap Sharing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
abraker
There are times often I go to a multilayer match and the host puts up a beatmap that was never uploaded onto the osu! servers. I think the ability to share beatmaps similar to ftp just with *.osz files within the chat would be nice. The game reads the map in the songs folder, sends it over the internet to the other player, and adds it. A simple command like "\share" would work. This would also enable modders handing out beatmaps to test to other players before they upload it. I think people will settle on this to be a supporter only feature. Well, what do you guys think?
JudgeTheDude
This is a good idea, but this will make the Supporter Feature "Download automatically during multiplayer" useless, since the host will be able to share the beatmap.

Or maybe limit this function to Non-Submitted beatmaps ?

Users can also puush their .osz files to share them.

Oh, and it's "Peer-to-Peer", unless you wanted to make a joke ?

Edit : Don't mind what I said about the Supporter part, I didn't see you wanted to make it a Supporter-Only feature
Topic Starter
abraker
Yes, limit it to non submitted maps only. If people and Peppy agree to make it available to everyone, that would be great. However, I think people will argue that it will need to be a supporter feature. And yes, I derped up on the spelling, how embarrassing. The title needs fixing. Feature Request: Allow users to fix the title of the topic they created.
JudgeTheDude
You can edit the title by editing your first post. You will be able to change the title from the first post's edit page.
Bara-
Bad idea
It would put so much server load (if they get played a lot)
Just use osump/puush/mediafire/dropbox
Full Tablet

baraatje123 wrote:

Bad idea
It would put so much server load (if they get played a lot)
Just use osump/puush/mediafire/dropbox
Depending on the implementation, it could barely generate server load (even, it could potentially decrease server load if the method is used not only for unsubmitted maps)
Oinari-sama
Has been requested fair few times, it's planned iirc.

EDIT: Can someone find the newest unmarked topic? All p2p topics are marked but I vaguely recall a not so old (2yrs?) topic still alive somewhere, with fair bit of discussions...
Topic Starter
abraker
Just putting this here since people are going to be searching for it: t/13348/
Seijiro
Duplicate then...