forum

Double Screen Viewing [rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I don't know how I'll explain this well, but here I go...

Imagine if you can have an option where the screen doubles and is stacked on top of each other. The screen is almost exactly like the ones on the DS where the score is at the top screen and the health bar is at the bottom. The cursor is restricted to the bottom screen while playing, and becomes blank during a play, and the top screen shows either the video, the picture, or the storyboard. You can set an option for the video or picture to be on the top or bottom. Storyboarding can give an option where there's a certain background at the bottom before/after certain breaks, and the usual storyboarding stuff at the top. Beatmaps could be set so that the picture or video (if there is one instead of storyboarding) is always at the top or bottom, or if there's two pictures. This option is important especially if the video or background matches the hitcircles and sliders. Then, the results screen can be just like the one on the DS games.

Of course my idea is based on the storyboarding stuff. And this can't work full screen; only on the smaller screen options, as the screens must double and stack itself.

If people like this idea, that means more work for peppy (Sorry)... >_>

But how does my idea sound? This can be completely optional, especially to the player.
wiicademan
I have two monitors hooked up to my computer(although not on top of eachother), so I think this is a good idea. When you have two monitors plugged in, I think it should be the storyboard on the second monitor and the beats on the first monitor. This way the beatmapper doesn't have to change any of his maps to accommodate dual screened mode. I think it would be easier for peppy, too. If we ever have dancers in the game, they could be on the first monitor behind the notes, like the DS version.
chan
totally for this idea, especially if you have a touchscreen and regular monitor setup. but how many people actually have 2 monitors?
peppy
put bluntly: i don't see the point.

PC displays are already big enough you don't need to do a DS and make two of them in order to get a lot onto the screen. As was mentioned in IRC regarding this: storyboarders will work around the fact there is only one screen to make sure things don't get too crowded. I don't personally see that becoming a problem anyways.

Coding it would take quite a lot of changes and for the small user base that would end up using this feature, I don't see the point personally.

Don't let that stop the discussion - just my opinion.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
What would happen if we were to implement the cheerleaders? How would we fit in the dancing and the storyboarding in the same beatmap?

-If it's used, for every beat you hit, it will turn into a blue dot and "shoot up" to the top screen to improve the current storyboard situation, like in the DS games.
Sinistro

YoshiKart wrote:

What would happen if we were to implement the cheerleaders? How would we fit in the dancing and the storyboarding in the same beatmap?
Since we'll use only one dancer instead of three, this will help keep things manageable for the viewer.