forum

Offset discrepancies

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KoromoAmae
Let's hypothetically say that on someone's screen, for some random song, the correct offset is 1535. Now, I open up that song in the editor, and 1535 is completely wrong on my screen. Like, in the range of 60 off the mark. It's a very noticeable difference. Now, I have complete confidence that on the other person's screen, 1535 is the correct offset (in this example, the person is a BAT). I also know that on my screen, 1475 is the correct offset. What's the reason for this difference, and how can I correct it when trying to discuss the timing of a map with someone?
Shohei Ohtani
Universal Offset may be different, I guess?

Either that, or you're completely wrong~.
rust45
Your universal offset is off causing you to hear things before you're supposed to. This is usually caused by Sound and Video cards, try to make sure all your drivers are updated and when that doesn't work change the universal offset (found in the options menu) so the timing you get is the same as in your example, the BAT.
Matma Rex
Or maybe you or the other person just have different mp3 file. You should both delete the map and redownload it before discussing about timing at all IMO :)