forum

[Chat/IRC] #tagalog/filipino Channel [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
dkun
Would having a Tagalog channel be possible?
There's no directed channel for Tagalog speakers! I think it'd be a nice addition to the channel list.

I'd love this feature, as it'd be a nice channel to converse in my native language, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. :(
anonymous_old
Well, how large is the Tagalog-speaking populating which desires its own channel? If it's small (10 users), a channel probably isn't necessary. You can just raid #skandinavian.
Xgor

strager wrote:

Well, how large is the Tagalog-speaking populating which desires its own channel? If it's small (10 users), a channel probably isn't necessary.
Well #mod has been transformed into #tagalog some times so I think it's a pretty good idea and there are some pretty active guys from there.

strager wrote:

You can just raid #skandinavian.
FU!!!! >:(
Nachy

Xgor wrote:

Well #mod has been transformed into #tagalog some times so I think it's a pretty good idea and there are some pretty active guys from there.
How I come I don't notice this lol

Also as much as I want to have a #filipino, like strager said, I don't think it would be possible considering the small active Filipino players. I think I can count like, 20 active Filipino players and only half of them chat most of the time.

Although I was wondering if a test run of a #filipino channel, for let's say a week, could attract more active Filipinos in to talk and stuff.
qlum
maybe a other languages channel would be the best option here.
Topic Starter
dkun

NachoPiggy wrote:

Xgor wrote:

How I come I don't notice this lol

Also as much as I want to have a #filipino, like strager said, I don't think it would be possible considering the small active Filipino players. I think I can count like, 20 active Filipino players and only half of them chat most of the time.

Although I was wondering if a test run of a #filipino channel, for let's say a week, could attract more active Filipinos in to talk and stuff.
Well, count me as one, I just bear the US flag. I'd love to see this happen.
...and #mod's been transformed into #tagalog sometimes? lolwut.

strager wrote:

You can just raid #skandinavian.
lol'd.
Zekira
Out of the blue when someone suddenly blurts "Sino pinoy dito" (who here's Filipino?) in #osu, I almost always see at least 5 people that I didn't even know existed, respond. And each time, I kinda see different names. This makes me believe that there's actually quite a number of FIlipino players but they just aren't talking. From what I've been hearing with my schoolmates, I blame DJMax Technika (because almost all the people around DLSU I know that play osu! said that they were told about it by their DJMT companions)

I still support this btw, even if the requests keeps on rotting into the FQ latterpages. Lol.
NoHitter
We should have a channel in honor of James.
Topic Starter
dkun

qlum wrote:

maybe a other languages channel would be the best option here.
Bit late here, but that'd seem a little too unorganized.

Anybody else support this idea? :(
Zekira
#foreign got shot down for some odd reason...?
anonymous_old

Zekira wrote:

#foreign got shot down for some odd reason...?
Think about the idea of having a #foreign channel.
Topic Starter
dkun
Bump on this request.
mm201
#moonspeak ?
Zekira
#moonspeak ?
What...?
Topic Starter
dkun

Zekira wrote:

#moonspeak ?
What...?
I know, right? We're a culture too. :(
Raider24
hmm, filipino channel... good. :) #pinoy or #filipino, any of those two... haha. good to see filipino players here. (mostly high ranked ones^^). I registered on osu! from U.A.E. too bad i dont have the filipino flag on my profile. haha but count me in!
Takuma
yes please.
peppy
Now that we have !report, I am more open to adding new channels. Consider this done.

12:27 <ppy> addchan #filipino
12:27 <BanchoBot> #filipino has been created
mm201
inb4#pokemon
Zekira
Nah, dkun, jockey, me, and NoHItter will make sure that doesn't happen

Me and NH are the only Pokémon-ers around PH anyway (in osu!, atm, afaik)
NaomiMinette
Whee~ I'm so there, lol.
jockeytiyan

Zekira wrote:

FYI, I'm a " Pokémon-er" too.

I'm really just not vocal with things that I like to do. :P
Azure_Kite

Zekira wrote:

You forgot me? :(

EDIT: ohwait.