forum

[duplicate] In-game notification when receiving forum PM

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
I Give Up
Title. I try to log onto forums daily to check PM. But lets just face it, sometimes I don't check in for days or weeks. Main reason is because I spend more time in the game than browsing forum.

Will it be feasible to add a feature maybe Bancho message in userlog with link to new forum pm at login or when new pm received?
Bara-
Don't you check your mail?
troke
its phpBB forum i think it will be have soon
next.ppy.sh
Topic Starter
I Give Up

baraatje123 wrote:

Don't you check your mail?
I do check my mail everyday as I always like to pay my bills on time and check local market sales. But I don't understand how that is relevant?
Gumpy

KukiMonster wrote:

But I don't understand how that is relevant?
You get an email when someone sends you a PM.
xxdeathx

Gumpyyy wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

But I don't understand how that is relevant?
You get an email when someone sends you a PM.
I don't, I disabled all these email notifications when I signed up for osu so my email doesn't get clogged.
DothThouHoist
I dont bother opening my mail, let alone checking if theres a reply on the forums. The idea is nice, but not really practical. Since if you join a wide variety of forum post, that would just end up spamming you ingame with notifications. IMO
Bara-
Forum PM =/= New reply in a forum you posted in
Forum PM = A message which is sent via the web
The other one is when there is a new reply in a thread you subscribed to (I have over 500 threads currently subscribed)
You get an email for both
I think it's good having the first one in the game, but not the new posts/replies one
Oinari-sama
t/49649
t/139014

Also as others have pointed out, a website rework is underway ;)