forum

Osu! Cookie/Logo Wallpapers (+Animation Loop)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VeilStar
I got bored today and ended up with this...
Edit: Enjoy the banding, damn compression. :(

Wallpaper Things

Animation Loop
http://imgur.com/0EWL47X

How It Was Made
It's pretty basic to make. Used Cinema 4D (modeling & renders), Adobe AfterFX (post processing) and Adobe Photoshop (post processing and assets).

I basically made a cylinder in Cinema 4D, mapped the osu! logo to it, then made a normal map in Photoshop from the osu! logo texture,
applied that normal map on the cinema 4d material as a normal map and a (very slight) bump map.
(This is why different shades of the pink triangles react differently to the light source passing by in the animation.)

Then I set up some lighting, which consisted of a point light moving from left to right in a bow curve, behind the camera.
An ambient light (because the point light can't illuminate the sides well enough),
some background fog, and a blue volumetric light, which is positioned behind the osu! logo.
Then I set up the camera, used some depth of field for one of the renders, and that's about it for Cinema 4D.

In AfterFX/Photoshop (dependingly) I basically did all the post stuff. It's a pain in the ass to go into detail with this, but it consisted mainly of:
A slight colour correction and contrast adjustment trough curves, some glow/bloom, and a bunch of minor things.
ShockedGaming
Hey VeliStar! Can i use your osu! wallpaper and loop animantion in an osu! themed Opera GX Mods? I can't message you private so i have to do this. Thanks!
his everything

ShockedGaming wrote:

Hey VeliStar! Can i use your osu! wallpaper and loop animantion in an osu! themed Opera GX Mods? I can't message you private so i have to do this. Thanks!
It's literally been 8 years since the thread was created so I don't think he will respond to your message, but if you want to use the wallpapers & the animation loop then nothing prevents you from doing it!

However, I don't think necroposting to ask for something on a message posted 8 years ago is a good idea. A moderator will probably lock the thread.