forum

Allow mappers to set Genre - Language of their song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +188
show more
theowest
No, let the mapper set the genre and if it's wrong it will be modded out by everyone, not just a handfull of BATs or MATs.
Sakura

dkun wrote:

no-go. this goes both ways. you can ask your ranker or even another staff member to change it regardless. I would rather not have the BAT/MAT having more work on their hands fixing other user's mistakes when it comes to genre.
I dont mind having to fix other people's mistakes in genre/language, it takes literally 3 seconds to change the genre/language of a song, as long as the mapper's locked from changing it after it's ranked.
alex_98
support.
it's just stupid if an unranked map must have no genre/language
Suimya
Support, it's nice idea to let the mapper set their own genre :3
Aurele
Supporting this thing :>
YuZuKi Kenny
Support :3
Japanese is good, Chinese is good.
Every language is good. Not only Eng :D
Soaprman

alex_98 wrote:

support.
it's just stupid if an unranked map must have no genre/language
This is a good point right here. Letting mappers set the genre/language on their unranked maps could be useful to prospective modders and people who play unranked maps.

That, and yeah, it might take a BAT just a few seconds to change it, but that doesn't mean that this and other similar things like title text time/color (which also has a feature request somewhere) shouldn't be brought down to the .osu level like everything else.
jabberwockey
I really,really,really support this.
tarticulate
support
MMzz

Sakura wrote:

dkun wrote:

no-go. this goes both ways. you can ask your ranker or even another staff member to change it regardless. I would rather not have the BAT/MAT having more work on their hands fixing other user's mistakes when it comes to genre.
I dont mind having to fix other people's mistakes in genre/language, it takes literally 3 seconds to change the genre/language of a song, as long as the mapper's locked from changing it after it's ranked.
But it literally takes 3 seconds to set the language while ranking.

I'm with dkun on this one, no support.
haha5957
I see no reason to not implement this,, "It takes only like a second for BATs to change it" doesn't seem legit for me. This feature has no downside but only benifits are there. so why not? It's kind ridiculous to say not supporting when the feature doesn't have any downside.

I can just simply select the genre I want to mod from pending maps list when i feel like random modding and it sounds preety nice to me.

This is benefit for both BAT(for saving their so important three seconds) and modders(there are modders who wouldn't mod something in specific language), maybe even mappers too.
Sakura
Well there's also this: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0 ... 8&g=0&la=0 if you're worried about modding :P

As i said before i dont mind as long only BATs can change it after rank.
haha5957
What i mean by is If genre could be specified by a mapper, I wouldn't see bunch of other(unspecified) things there. I prefer instrumental to vocal, so I might just pick any random instrumental map to mod, but currently its bit hard to tell and song preview sometimes just dont work that well.
Mercurial
Yes, Novelty.

Supporting.
jabberwockey
I also think we should update the Genre selection for when we search.
Behon
This, please! Would save me a lot of time instead of wading through endless moe/hentai themes.
mintong89

arken1015 wrote:

Sometimes, BATs can make mistake of Genre or Language...
[I sometimes loled at wrong Language...]

So, support :3
yes, cuz BAT are not robot.

so support this. :D
deadbeat
t/528 ._."
Aurele
Yeah, this one got rejected, maybe not this one.

So how is it going?
jabberwockey
Add this please! Also allow searching by genre in pending/WIP too.
- Sugoi Sugoi -
bump
outta
no
where
:3
Bara-
Why?
BN set it
I have no experience in music so I don't even touch it (sorry if I have to, poke me if that's the case)
And there are many BN
I guess it doesn't hurt if it should also be fine in unranked maps (and again, I''m not sure, not sure if it's allowed or not)
Yauxo

baraatje123 wrote:

BN set it
BNs have that menu, but cant do anything at all. These things are still managed by the QAT
Bara-
Really
Why is there even an update button then O.o
Why do we have it too then?
If we are 'able' to use it, would it be allowed to easily change tags (as it should update to all diffs right?
Please, changing it all per diff on 6+ diff sets is annoying

Sorry
sheela

baraatje123 wrote:

Really
Why is there even an update button then O.o
Why do we have it too then?
If we are 'able' to use it, would it be allowed to easily change tags (as it should update to all diffs right?
That menu was also for the BATs, until the new system has come. We are not considered as "staff".
Changing tags through this menu will only affect the online tags, meaning they won't appear in-game but in the beatmap listing.
XinCrin
BNs have menus to change language/genre/title color and that but you are not allowed to change them.

Anyways I really want this, for example Many times I had to tell QATs to change language/genre of my maps since they don't download beatmaps and just follow the music preview.
JapanYoshiTheGamer
It's been 7 months. Where's this feature?
Underforest
we still need this :p
Kathex
Using my old post.
I already suggested something related to it

Kathex wrote:

Step 2-Change where the Beatmaps are Submitted and Icons
Separate the beatmaps by characteristics, how?
Like following a folder in levels:
Qualified and Waiting Qualify dont need to have subfolders because it would have few maps in
Change administration of maps: When you submitt a beatmap, you should select the genre and if its Incomplete Mapset or Complete Mapset.
The suggested changes up to this point would be able to improve the search and division of beatmaps status
You can see my complete ignored and locked post in https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/411114
And i get a fantastic answer:

Loctav wrote:

None of your suggestions are either effective, practicable or in any way close to improving anything you criticize.
There is also no need to split up Pending/WIP into even more sub sections. That's needless overcomplication of a very few beatmaps. The icons are pretty straight forward.
tl;dr: all your suggestions are rather moot and not really realistic. Also I believe that you have quite a lot of misconceptions about how the current system works in the first place. You are taking away the entire human element of this. None of these changes will actually work or enhance anything the way you demand them do be.
Also sitting back and expecting others to do the work is also not a thing in osu!. If you want to change or contribute something, go out and create guides.
Yes, he realy think me by myself can change alone how the game systems work. Fun not?

So, you'd like to suggest things to this game?
I totaly approve that :D
Mwallx
What's so difficult to implement this minor function which could really help people much on finding songs they want?
Kurokami
At the moment this won't happen as there is no better way to mark mapsets with checked metadata. And implementing such a system won't happen until new osu forum so yeah, thats that. osu!dev has his hand full with the new forum and client already.
bramnet
I support this, if it's not already implemented.