forum

Allow mappers to set Genre - Language of their song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +188
Topic Starter
NoHitter
I know a lot of people mod songs not by priority nor by requests, but by genre and language since they prefer said genre and language.

And since lots of people won't put the genre and language in Tags, because BATs automatically do it when they rank a map, these people have to search for the maps manually.

With this, they can basically use the search feature in Beatmaps to find these maps with the genre they like to mod for convenience.
anonymous_old

NoHItter wrote:

BATs automatically do it
BAT's are robots.

I agree that genre and language should be a part of the mapper's responsibilities, just like tagging.
LuigiHann
I support this
mm201
Also titlecard timing/colour and original artist. =/
Derekku
Would make things easier for everyone; especially when a mistake is made and then the options have to be set a second (or third) time. :X
Ekaru

LuigiHann wrote:

I support this
^, especially so I could mod songs of X genre/language.
arien666
Sometimes, BATs can make mistake of Genre or Language...
[I sometimes loled at wrong Language...]

So, support :3
Zekira
Support, definitely
thepianist
Of course. Support.
Xgor
I had the idea to post this idea some time ago (Why I didn't is way beyond me)

Well, Mayor support!
Lybydose

MetalMario201 wrote:

Also titlecard timing/colour and original artist. =/
THIS
Kitsunemimi
+1 gogo
Glass

strager wrote:

I agree that genre and language should be a part of the mapper's responsibilities, just like tagging.
^

+1 support.
Neo Adonis
I wish I've heard this before!

Support!!
Sakura
It's always been the mapper's responsibility specially when the BAT asks you "what genre / language is this?" so this should get that fixed =3

Support+1
Luneko
Support~
Card N'FoRcE

strager wrote:

Xgor wrote:

I had the idea to post this idea some time ago (Why I didn't is way behind)

KillerRind wrote:

Support~
qlum
support why wasn't this done from the beginning
gyt
Support! I really want to search for pending maps by genre and language.
necrobump?
Rukario

Xgor wrote:

I had the idea to post this idea some time ago (Why I didn't is way behind)

KillerRind wrote:

Support~
NotShinta
Support
eee

Xgor wrote:

I had the idea to post this idea some time ago (Why I didn't is way beyond me)
I always thought "why should BATs only have the right to do so?" doesn't really make much sense.
If it gets abused, mistakes or whatever reason why it's like what is it now, that's what modding is for

Also agree with MM201 on the titlecard timing/color and original artist
Shohei Ohtani
That akward moment where you see a ranked map with (Unspecified - Other) for Genre - Language.
Antu Villegas
I support :)
K2J
Support.
Larto

CDFA wrote:

That akward moment where you see a ranked map with (Unspecified - Other) for Genre - Language.
That awkward moment when someone tells you that the language you set for the map you just ranked is incorrect.

"LOL dis song chinese not japanese U DUM?"

Yeah, support.
0_o
+60
Galkan
Falcon yes.
LesTrucsRoses
ʇɹoddns
Behon
This seriously needs to happen. I would love to not have to slog through pages of Vocaloid and Touhou songs in Pending to find something in English.
Yunacat
Supported! I like this idea!
Powerdrone
Lots of support!~
FireballFlame
Support.

Related to this, I'd like a remade genre list.... Having, for example, any kind of electronic music being thrown into "Techno" is silly.
I mean if this and that are considered the same, filtering by genre is pretty pointless. :?
Mashley

FireballFlame wrote:

I mean if this and that are considered the same, filtering by genre is pretty pointless. :?
But those are both Techno.
Aoitenshi
+1
FireballFlame

Mashley wrote:

But those are both Techno.
No, certainly not. :?
yongtw123
Support, IF there is a good pre-set list of genres.

Otherwise loads of custom genres will pop up.
LuigiHann

yongtw123 wrote:

Support, IF there is a good pre-set list of genres.

Otherwise loads of custom genres will pop up.
There is a pre-set list of genres with no custom option
LuigiHann

FireballFlame wrote:

Support.

Related to this, I'd like a remade genre list.... Having, for example, any kind of electronic music being thrown into "Techno" is silly.
Would it help if we just changed the genre's name to "Electronic"?
maay
On a side note, why should genres such as "Video Game" and "Anime" even exist?
Not all songs from video games/anime have the same rythm or are even similiar, just take a look.
Doomsday
I can't fathom why the Genre/Language was the BAT's responsibility rather than the mappers. I'm sure there was a reason behind it but I can't think of what it is.

I definately support this.
Meiri
Aye

i support this :D
FireballFlame

LuigiHann wrote:

Would it help if we just changed the genre's name to "Electronic"?
That would be more correct, but naturally still as useless for searching ;)
Lunah_old
Yeah totally support, BAT only will check if it is correct
FireballFlame
Yeah, and all other users, if it's part of the modding process like Source and Tags.
Natteke
|o| for support
|
^
Kitsunemimi

Natteke wrote:

|o| for support
|
^
Why is he chopped up in pieces? :?
Behon
Almost a month and 4 pages worth of unanimous support and not a peep from Peppy? This is a really good idea.
Mara
Support.
AdRon Zh3Ro
Hmm...

Set "video-game" as genre is totally incorrect. Just because the music is being used in a game, doesn't mean it's genre is "video-game". Same with touhou, anime, etc.

Most songs i saw with that genre is eletronic...

And further more, a music genre is a categorical and typological construct that identifies musical sounds as belonging to a particular category and type of music that can be distinguished from other types of music.

Genre it's obviously being selected wrong due to ignorance.

The correct genres:

Anime Music Video (AMV)

Music used in AMVs is extremely diverse, using such genres as J-Pop, rock, hip hop, pop, R&B, country, and many others.

So, i think instead of let mappers choose the genre, BATs should pick it a lot more carrefully. Also, delete nonexistent genre types, and add more existent genre types.
show more