forum

[resolved] Why no Storyboard contest ?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kotori-Chan
In my opinon some Storyboards of the maps are pure masterpieces like: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/541990
Storyboard contest would be cool.
These Guys who made it really deserve a reward for such masterpieces, so they got even more motivation to make better ones !
- Marco -
Yup, why not? =)
_koinuri
I feel like not many people would be able to join because I get the image that sbers are pretty rare

But I think it'll be fun to see, support. More spotlights for storyboards!
DeletedUser_3905941
because Damnae would always win
Damnae

RedPanda wrote:

I'm way too lazy for that.
_koinuri

Damnae wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

I'm way too lazy for that.
Then I might have a chance :D
Cerulean Veyron
I'm not really good at storyboards, but yeah, this is cool :)
Pawsu
There are a lot of good storyboarders, and storyboarding is something I'd like to get into myself. If there's no content, how about more showcases? I remember seeing them back a year ago. It was produced by osu! news, which is no longer a thing, and I think the project just kind of died.. :/ So that probably won't happen, unless more people want to bring back osu!news and HELP with it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIlh2X ... n8YxdRlkRQ
fartownik

HolyNightmare wrote:

In my opinon some Storyboards of the maps are pure masterpieces like: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/541990
Storyboard contest would be cool.
These Guys who made it really deserve a reward for such masterpieces, so they got even more motivation to make better ones !
There was one. No one applied. EOT
Stefan
I don't think this will happen. There were some Storyboard Showcases in the past. Dunno what happened to them.
Pawsu

Stefan wrote:

I don't think this will happen. There were some Storyboard Showcases in the past. Dunno what happened to them.
I remember seeing them back a year ago. It was produced by osu! news, which is no longer a thing, and I think the project just kind of died.. :/ So that probably won't happen, unless more people want to bring back osu!news and HELP with it.
Sea_Food
How about first a song contest.
Then a mapping contest for the song.
Then a storyboard contest for the map.
Stefan
I'd say this can be done at any time. The biggest issue I see is the lack of users which participate, because we already had a small number of participants for the previous Mania and CTB Mapping contests and these communities are bigger than the storyboard community. At all, let's just wait if that will ever happens. :P
Pawsu
With how osu! is growing, I doubt this would be hard at all. Something to look towards?
Bara-
I'm honestly looking forward to seeing this
Not that I am at a high enough skill to SB greatly, but this will at least show who are the best
arviejhay
really support this <3
Endaris

Baraatje123 wrote:

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing this
Not that I am at a high enough skill to SB greatly, but this will at least show who are the best
You have to participate anyway so it looks like they had competition at least.