forum

[Web] Allow mod queue creators to lock their own queue [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Pretty self-explanatory and will prevent BATs from being disturbed.

viewforum.php?f=60
LuigiHann
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a more structured non-forum interface for this sort of thing. It could technically be handled outside of the osu site if somebody had the initiative to make some kind of web form
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a more structured non-forum interface for this sort of thing. It could technically be handled outside of the osu site if somebody had the initiative to make some kind of web form
Kinda already automated.
Shohei Ohtani

strager wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Kinda already automated.
But what I'm pretty sure LuigiHann is saying is that he would prefer an off-site thing for all users to post their own mod queues, and members can add their maps to a mod queue.

Wow, that kind of was a bad way of putting that. I know what I mean but I don't know how to say it .-..

Anyways, I'm supporting this. It'll be helpful especially for limiting how often a user can post in mod queues (Such as 3 posts per hour, or so.). ~.
KoromoAmae
I support this idea, and in the same vein also think that threads on the mod queue forum should auto-lock if the thread's owner does not post in it for a certain period of time. Let's say 2 weeks. I see innumerable modding queues get bumped to the front page every day in which the owner of the queue has not posted in it for months. This clutters up the forum a great deal and makes finding the actual active queues much more difficult than it needs to be.
Shohei Ohtani

KoromoAmae wrote:

I support this idea, and in the same vein also think that threads on the mod queue forum should auto-lock if the thread's owner does not post in it for a certain period of time. Let's say 2 weeks. I see innumerable modding queues get bumped to the front page every day in which the owner of the queue has not posted in it for months. This clutters up the forum a great deal and makes finding the actual active queues much more difficult than it needs to be.
I don't see this happening much, but if the owner wants it closed, then they can just add a "Closed" tag.

Also, if the owner hasn't posted in it for more than a month, someone can ask a BAT to close it~.

This is mostly because some people in mod queues do not post in their queues, so people can have their thread locked even if they are modding.
Sakura
I was thinking about this before, so i'll support it
mrtn
If there is enough interest in an off-site mod queue system I'm willing to code it. Wouldn't be much work.
Shohei Ohtani

mrtn wrote:

If there is enough interest in an off-site mod queue system I'm willing to code it. Wouldn't be much work.
^
Ekaru

mrtn wrote:

Yes, please. Do it.
NotShinta
I recall from another forum that being unable to unlock your own topics is not a good idea. I can't be bothered to explain why.

You can put [Closed] in the topic title anyway, if people are stupid enough to post then then it's their own fault. It's a bit tedious, but it works.

I don't really like LH's idea, either though. If we used that I can't post my map in mod queues on my iPod, to have sexy sexy mods waiting for me when I can edit.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Well the point is that 40% - 70% of mod queue posters don't read the rules or even the topic name.
Sakura

mrtn wrote:

I would so support that, so +1
Shohei Ohtani
Also, not sure if this has been said in this topic, but if an offsite mod queue thing is put into place, I'd like the option to delete maps once you have completed modding them. I'd also like an option where you can blacklist the poster for a certain amount of time for not reading rules.
akrolsmir
It doesn't look like this went anywhere, and I don't want to start another topic... so support? I see too many queues that are filled over the limit, a lock function would be nice.

On a similar note, are we allowed to report queues from inactive modders to BAT's? (The ones that are perpetually kept alive by spammers). It seems like they take up a good quarter of the ones on the front page, but I don't want to annoy a BAT that who's spending their time doing important work.
Ekaru

akrolsmir wrote:

On a similar note, are we allowed to report queues from inactive modders to BAT's? (The ones that are perpetually kept alive by spammers). It seems like they take up a good quarter of the ones on the front page, but I don't want to annoy a BAT that who's spending their time doing important work.
Yes, you are.

BATs are generally glad to do anything that is quick and doesn't involve any actual modding.

EDIT: And I support this if it's possible.
Tenshi-nyan
+Support

Can't shoot a vote anymore, but eh.
Derekku
I don't see the harm in this, so... [Added]!

EDIT: Hold that thought... It seems that users wouldn't be able to unlock their threads once locked, and thus this may actually be more trouble than it's worth. Sorry for the false hope. :o
Xgor

Derekku wrote:

EDIT: Hold that thought... It seems that users wouldn't be able to unlock their threads once locked, and thus this may actually be more trouble than it's worth. Sorry for the false hope. :o
No point in removing what you have though, No real damage can be done with just being available to lock your own queue except for that if it used a lot that BATs need to lock up them a lot
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Well, people who do ask to BATs to lock their queues more or less also ask them to unlock after a while.
At least with what you did, they only need to ask a BAt to unlock it. (Once vs Twice)
ziin
Just adding a [closed] usually works wonders.
dvorak_old
No need to close, this is good idea even unlock isn't working well.
Derekku
On that note... re-added!
akrolsmir
Cool, it got implemented! I haven't tried out the feature yet, but apparently people who lock their threads can't unlock them, according to what Derekku stated. If this won't be changed, I'd suggest making this clear next to the checkbox? For instance, right now it says:

"Lock Topic"

but I think lots of people would use it without knowing that they couldn't unlock. So maybe change the description to:

"Lock Topic (Note: You will not be able to unlock without BAT help. Do not abuse this feature)"

or something to that degree.
Endaris
Apparently this got removed at some point.
Bara-
Hmm
I also noticed that. I'd honestly like it to be back