forum

General Idol Anime Discussion (with LL VS IM@S Poll)

posted
Total Posts

THE iDOLM@STER or Love Live! School Idol Festival?

THE iDOLM@STER
35.19%
Love Live! School Idol Festival
55.56%
Other idol anime
5.56%
I hate idol animes
3.70%
Total votes: 54
show more
Green Platinum
Trying to get back on topic.
Does Symphogear count as an idol anime? :3
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Green Platinum wrote:

I think that would be closer to mahou shoujo, but don't take my word on it. I haven't seen it.
Green Platinum

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I think that would be closer to mahou shoujo, but don't take my word on it. I haven't seen it.
Can't be both?
Mogsy
Idol anime can be potentially neat. Depends really on the setup of the whole thing. Despite atrocious animation, I'd actually say Wake Up, Girls! is one of the better ones out there. Good amounts of drama, good character writing, and some catchy songs.

I like Love Live! a lot more than I like iM@s

Also, male idol anime could use a bit more love. I enjoy myself some Utapri and Shonen Hollywood seems neat.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Green Platinum wrote:

Can't be both?
Like I said, I haven't seen it. I'm not one to decide on it.

It might though, seeing that it has the music genre tagged to it. :?
CodeS
Symphogear is Mahou Shoujo. / Music Anime.
It's about idol fighting yeah, but that's it, doesn't have the basis or follow up of a proper Idol Anime.

Even Miss Monochrome is more of an Idol Anime than Symphogear.

(actually MM IS an Idol anime)
Green Platinum
Seems like you have a specific definition for an Idol anime

CodeS wrote:

a proper Idol Anime.
^ Just sounds like a no true scotsman

At the very broadest definition it should have an idol protagonist and they sing.
CodeS
I have the same definition everyone else have.

Theme and Genre are 2 different things.

Not that it matters, symphogear is irrelevant in any aspect anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys should really make an Idol thread, or at least change the tittle of this topic to make it clear this is an Idol discussion or something (and not a debate)
and make it general, so I can talk about how excited I'm about the upcoming Palet's album or the news TGS Single to come out in march.

Also I'm really excited about the Love Live Movie, I guess everyone saw this by now

Topic Starter
A Cynical Asian

CodeS wrote:

I have the same definition everyone else have.

Theme and Genre are 2 different things.

Not that it matters, symphogear is irrelevant in any aspect anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys should really make an Idol thread, or at least change the tittle of this topic to make it clear this is an Idol discussion or something (and not a debate)
and make it general, so I can talk about how excited I'm about the upcoming Palet's album or the news TGS Single to come out in march.

Also I'm really excited about the Love Live Movie, I guess everyone saw this by now

I honestly don't care if the thread goes off topic, but does the new subject title work? :D
CodeS
Yeah it works, tho I would name it "General Idol Anime Discussion (with LL VS IM@S Poll)"

Now this is "officially" an Idol discussion.
Topic Starter
A Cynical Asian

CodeS wrote:

Yeah it works, tho I would name it "General Idol Anime Discussion (with LL VS IM@S Poll)"

Now this is "officially" an Idol discussion.
Noted :D
CodeS
Idols \o/

*Praises the Nico Nico Ni*
Green Platinum
Love Live thread v2
Rizumu Tenshi
Call this a necropost but
Green Platinum I heard my name.

Green Platinum wrote:

I don't think anyone here has seen Pretty Rhythm, probably only Baka Tenshi and I are still watching PriPara, and stuff like Locodols don't really warrant any discussion etc. Idolmaster and Love live are the only two with any kind of decent following here.
OK update: I've watched Pretty Rhythm. Well, Aurora Dream and Rainbow Live. JSYK. Connection could keep me from PriPara. See my userpage if you want my thoughts on both seasons.

Remember that you're the one who recommended Aikatsu! to me, but you can say I'm still going further in the idol world, with Aikatsu! and The IDOLM@STER next after PriPara.

For everyone to know, PriPara is seeing its songs unleashed into real life, like The iDOLM@STER and Love Live (fyi I have Marble Makeup A-ha-ha!) (unsure of Aikatsu!), so expect a real-life experience of PriPara...minus the Making Drama.
Only one Pretty Rhythm song was unleashed into real life if my memory serves me, and it was a lottery prize for the Japanese who tracked the series (Aurora Dream): You May Dream. (OP1, my dream is to qualify it on 22 November, till it's permaranked 29 November ~my birthday <3~)
If Rainbow Live's EZ DO DANCE is real (Prizmmy* version, not the original) then more hype.

Enough PriRizu/PriPara. Most of you won't like the idea of Pretty Rhythm, the idea of picking up the best outfit for a heart-throbbing live show on the ice rink (skating + dancing + fashion, all at once), packed with the eye-candy Prism Jumps where the "skating" idols jump, from their heart...so I guess you can pick up Love Live if you want to see why the hype, or The iDOLM@STER if you feel like it. Call me "retarded" for not having completed Love Live S2 TILL NOW, bad connections everywhere so I'm stuck with S1 and the FLACs, but once I'm done with S2 I'll have to select which to start between AKB0048 and The iDOLM@STER. I heard AKB0048 is dual-world like Love Live! so I need opinions on who's better (Music Hall: μ's or AKB 48?).

I guess I went overboard for a "necropost", and no tl;dr too, but gotta be honest, Love Live is the only franchise that exited the borders of Japan and the US to go everywhere where IAPs are supported (I'm talking about Sukufesu, yeah). Merchandise is still limited to where it's licensed (the US for example). Dang, if only an idol anime was licensed here in Egypt. For now, my vote goes for Sukufesu. Until I 100% all of Pretty Rhythm and PriPara, Aikatsu!, AKB0048 and The iDOLM@STER. Vote pending for now.
EDIT: Pretty Rhythm > Sukufesu, vote changed to Other idol anime
Cthru
Love live has better songs but i enjoyed myself more with idolm@ster
that sounded weird...
Raiken-
Sorry but LL is leading.
Green Platinum
Because more people have seen LL and feel the need to still vote I'm guessing.
Raiken-
Tbh Idol@Master is pretty good too.
Starfall9908
Shounen Hollywood~

Maybe it'll change when High School Star Musical comes
kidamiku
I think that Love live! and Idolm@ster have both good music. It's too hard to decide for me.
Rizumu Tenshi
Switched to THE iDOLM@STER.

Neither Love Live unit stands a chance against the Cinderella Girls, especially when you've got IOSYS and ESTi.

Previously-hyped-by-me PriPara is probably as generic as Love Live, and the same probably applies to Pretty Rhythm.

Aikatsu! is the inferior idol series by Bandai Namco, THE iDOLM@STER their superior one.

Other idol series are not worth mentions here...if you believe one of those unmentioned needs to be honoured here, do mention it. But I warn you that the lyrics, composition, and arrangement, all of them, MATTER! If one of the three is not good in a lot of songs of your series, it automatically loses to THE iDOLM@STER!

Looking at you, Hanakanzashi
Sae, the idol who sang this, doesn't matter here. It's Yoshimi, the lyricist, who wrote a yamato nadeshiko's lyrics, and ARM, whose name is enough but is not supposed to tell you the arrangement is his usual - it's completely different it's magical this time!
Oh and watch out for Taku Inoue (MC TC) and the Funtas - these are quite the lyricists, composers and arrangers, you could just dive into more of their stuff!