forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Extended Registration Phase!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav

As explained by peppy in the other thread, we decided to extend the registration phase for another two weeks. Make sure to advertise this competition to your friends and everyone who is a potential candidate for your country's team

How does the registration work exactly now?

1. Everyone is signing up individually for their country by sending a forum PM to me.
  2. We roughly filter the registered users by their play performance and/or if they violated the osu! community rules (see below for details)
  3. Whenever we finished filtering the registered users, the players who passed will be put on a candidate list for their country
  4. The Tournament Management declares a captain from said list. This captain receives the list with the remaining candidates. Captains can freely pick from this list and found their team as they wish.
  5. After sending the Tournament Management the compiled team, your team has been successfully created.
Obviously, people who registered successfully already do not need to re-register. They are already recorded.

What do you filter registered users by?

We filter by:
  1. Taiko performance ranking. Whoever has a global Taiko performance ranking below #8000 will be filtered out. While we want to let participate as many people as possible, the mappools are designed around a certain difficulty level. It's very likely that people below a performance ranking below #8000 will not be able to play the tournament's maps at all. If they improve, they are free to join!
  2. Violation of the community rules: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Rules - In order to take part on any official tournament that is sponsored and organized by the osu!staff, you need to obey the community rules. Even though violating some of these specific rules do not lead to a full account ban immediately, we still exclude everyone who offended within the last year. This includes creating multi-accounts, sharing your account with others or using third-party software or other illegal software modifications. Not every rule is directly involved into the tournament outcome, but as long as you can not follow the community rules, we are not willing to let you join an official competition. We would like to mention that we have been holding that requirement up for several years already and have been performed these checks ever since then. This is nothing new and moreover nothing arbitrary. We just want to inform you again that joining the TWC has these requirements. If you ever want to compete in the TWC, we advise you to stop violating the rules now.
Due to privacy issues, we will not reveal to the public who was rejected. Whoever wants to know or dispute the fact that they have been filtered by either of the above criteria is free to contact tournaments@ppy.sh.

As by today, we extend the registration phase till 22nd February 2015, 23:59:59 UTC+0. Please send me a PM titled "TWC Registration" to me till then. Please add your time zone to the message, so we can schedule you properly later.

All other parts of the tournaments will be, obviously, postponed according to this. We are sorry for the incovenience, but we want to make this TWC the best it can be.

As more countries and people are joining this competition, we are increasing the maximum number of teams. Whoever didn't appear on the team listing so far (Chile and Hungary) will be added later. We want to await more registrations from said countries.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Along with that, we updated the wiki to clear up the new registration method:

(if you find grammar flaws or stuff not being included there, please contact me)
Secretpipe
Is there a wiki thread already ?
Topic Starter
Loctav

Secretpipe wrote:

I don't understand?

---

I resent the confirmation PMs to everyone who was on my list. Whoever did not receive a confirmation PM now shall resend their registration.
Niko-nyan

Secretpipe wrote:

you mean the wiki?
you can see the wiki at the first page of the discussion about TWC
Fangirlclub
cool this is my 1st time try it cool!
Niko-nyan

Fangirlclub wrote:

cool this is my 1st time try it cool!
oh well you should see the requirement to register
Alepat
As more countries and people are joining this competition, we are increasing the maximum number of teams. Whoever didn't appear on the team listing so far (Chile and Hungary) will be added later. We want to await more registrations from said countries.
I do not understand this?
Niko-nyan

Alepat wrote:

I do not understand this?
for this year there is no team at Chile and Hungary
so we extended the registration to let other country join too :)