forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Slain087

Mafiamaster wrote:

Slain087 wrote:

If you've been downloading these all this time, you should know the drill - .osu to .rpy
How do I change the .osu file into a .rpy file?
Right-click the file, click "Rename," then highlight "osu" then type "rpy" in its place.
Mafiamaster
O I C! I find it funny when I play your replay, it shows you running right into a boss or just plain going straight for the bullet and losing a life. The first few minutes are good, but after that, it was just random. Even you were moving around when the people were talking, just... wandering.. around... all up in the top right corner and going back to the bottom and then to the other side. LOL! :lol:
Slain087
...That's not supposed to happen. Bugged replay maybe?

Try taking out the MAU from the filename then trying again. Or getting a different version.

And make sure the line you get it to shows this:

(if you're keeping it as a user replay)

User Sol 10/09 Marisa Easy

and then the next screen should be:

Slow Rate: 0.945%

Stage 1 38992920
Stage 2 151208420
Stage 3 361786680
Stage 4A 670654880
Stage 4B ------
Stage 5 1005251980
Stage 6A 1448071750
Stage 6B ------
Stage EX ------
Slain087
I just recently unlocked EoSD's Extra Stage, and Patchy and Flandre are kicking my ass. I need to figure out how to clear Taboo "Lavatein," quick.

EDIT: Recent fail at Extra. Watch me very nearly clear Royal Flare and clear Cranberry Trap, and partially figure out Lavatein.

EDIT2: More recent fail at Extra. I make a metric ton of mistakes here - some easily avoided.

Download: th6_02.osu

Download: th6_udSLEX.osu
Mafiamaster
OoOo, I should download EoSD later on. Do you think it's easier than IN? (or harder? O_o;)
Slain087
I'd say harder, because of two things: 1) You can't see your hitbox at all, and 2) deathbombing is near impossible if you try it like you would in IN. The bullet patterns are the easiest, though, so if you can handle those two points, it becomes easier.
Pokebis
I just played Perfect Cherry Blossom for the first time... two words...
HOLY SHIT
I sort of expected it to be harder, actually, (I play lots of challenge games) so it wasn't all that hard to me, but I've never played anything like it. It gives me some feeling I've never experienced before. I'd say it's awesome. but I'm already awesome. I also love the background music as it puts me in the mood to carefully weave through the bullets. I love this game. I do wish the newer ones weren't so big though, my isp sucks and it takes me like to hours to grab one whilst doing nothing else on teh interwebz.
Slain087

Pokebis wrote:

stuff
So, did you 1cc it yet?
Pokebis

Slain087 wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

stuff
So, did you 1cc it yet?
No :oops:
Slain087
In random news, I wonder why EoSD runs faster on my older XP desktop than it does on my Vista laptop. Also, I really need to figure out a pattern I can follow so I can cap Sun Sign "Royal Flare".

That and figure out how to 1cc EoSD and PCB with standard lives.
Mafiamaster
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Slain087
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer
asiaclonk
Oh well, cleared easy from th6-11 and normal on PCB (omg my only normal 1CC) but its impossible for me for the other games :I
and also, i bombed pretty much everywhere in the bossfights x)

Download: th7_03.zip
Slain087
Remi is slightly easier if you've fought other Touhou final bosses - they stole methods of attack from her. Her first non-card? Eirin's Revival "Game of Life". Her last non-card? Kanako's last non-card (even going as far as including the invulnerable phases). Heaven's Punishment "Star of David"? Basically similar to Eirin's Awakened God "Memories of a Legendary Age".
Mafiamaster
Wow, maybe I should memorize the spell card names, cuz I have no idea what those are. xD
Pokebis

Loginer wrote:

Then you can't complain about the difficulty. BTW, was it on Easy?
No
Slain087
I don't know how anyone can 1cc EoSD with ReimuA. She deals so little damage, she's slow as hell, and Fantasy Orb outright sucks if you don't need duration.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Well, that's a relief. Who would you recommend?
Slain087
I play ReimuB, myself. So far, that's the only way I've managed to 1cc Normal. You need to be careful against Patchouli, though.
SBKT

Mafiamaster wrote:

Wow, maybe I should memorize the spell card names, cuz I have no idea what those are. xD
The TouhouWiki at Poolshmer lists all Spell cards in every game at every difficulty, if you get lost. It has opensearch too.
Neo@lex
Slain087
Well, to see how rusty I've gotten at Touhou since I'm unable to fully utilize my laptop (battery issues, and apparently issues that surfaced because of a shutdown that occurred because of it), I tried to do a pacifist run of Stage 6 of SA. With my crap keyboard that can't read arrow keys well enough. I lost two lives to mid-boss Orin because I was trying to find the safe spot in the attack (as you can tell, I failed miserably). Utsuho's first few attacks passed without incident... Until her second card. Promptly raped. Managed to get to card three. Dead.
Slain087
...EoSD has a hitbox patch out for the English patch version.

wow.

Now maybe I can clear Royal Flare.
Mafiamaster
Okayz, so I got a 16 gb iPod nano as an early christmas present. And I have a few albums of Touhou music from DoujinStyle! I'm really interested in vocal and not too crazy about rhythm songs. IOSYS, Silver Forest, COOL&CREATE, Seventh Heaven Maxion, SOUND HOLIC are my favorite out of the Touhou music band thing. Can't forget the awesome Innocent Key band. I've downloaded quite a few of rhythm songs which mean nothing to me so I delete them like Sound Online and euphoricia, although some are actually pretty good like ZUN. Anyone have any recommendations on some other really good Touhou music albums that I should've had downloaded a long time ago or that yall liked? Maybe I could even fill my iPod with only Touhou music, lol. ^^
Pokebis

Mafiamaster wrote:

Okayz, so I got a 16 gb iPod nano as an early christmas present. And I have a few albums of Touhou music from DoujinStyle! I'm really interested in vocal and not too crazy about rhythm songs. IOSYS, Silver Forest, COOL&CREATE, Seventh Heaven Maxion, SOUND HOLIC are my favorite out of the Touhou music band thing. Can't forget the awesome Innocent Key band. I've downloaded quite a few of rhythm songs which mean nothing to me so I delete them like Sound Online and euphoricia, although some are actually pretty good like ZUN. Anyone have any recommendations on some other really good Touhou music albums that I should've had downloaded a long time ago or that yall liked? Maybe I could even fill my iPod with only Touhou music, lol. ^^
Here, you should rip all the music from this playlist. Epic stuff, and Touhou related :D
Mafiamaster
Haha wow, i'm not putting ronald mcdonald sounding music on my iPod, but I will take the first one in that playlist and save it as a video on it because it's Touhou related. Thanks i guess >_><_<
Slain087
^OH GOD THEY'RE SPREADING (future reference: referring to Mafiamaster's signature, noticed on 11/15/08, involving a Yukkuri)

Now that that's out of my system, I would like to express frustration at the Extra stage of EoSD. Even with the hitbox patch, I still can't clear any of Patchy's cards on a regular basis without dying (or wasting a good bomb or two - I use one anyway on Philospher's Stone).

Man, I hope the thirteenth game will be good... and hopefully involve Sanae or some of the SA youkai.
Mafiamaster
(11/16/08 was when I started playing) Shoot the Bullet was the worst Touhou game I've ever played. I mean there are no difficulties, or even a story mode. Just high scores and best pictures. It's probably just from the link that I downloaded it from where there are already placed scores in each level, which is why I didn't like it as much. I kind of wanted to start a new, but when I delete the score.dat file, it just comes back with the scores unless i'm doing something wrong... But I did like how it was a different kind of gameplay and that has made all the difference. :) Stage 1 Scene 2 was hell for me which took me like 30 minutes to beat. Addicting and fun to play though, just not as good as the others. SWR is the best!

Slain087 wrote:

Man, I hope the thirteenth game will be good... and hopefully involve Sanae or some of the SA youkai.
What thirteenth game? There having a thirteenth game? Where's the twelvth one, I haven't seen a 12th one.
Neo@lex
All will be revealed at the next Reitaisai, which is on the 8th of march.
I expect another phantasmagoria.
Mafiamaster
Oh wow, that's a long time from now. -.- Kinda...
Slain087
nomedeusuarionaodisp
I haven't played any of the games in quite a while. Last time, I remember I was having trouble with PCB's Easy. Eww.
StB runs weird here, but I like it, even if I can't get any further than Stage 5.
Cyclone
Is 983,434,550 a pretty solid score for Imperishable Night?

Kinda forgot to take the screenshot until the last second, so it's fading to white.

Also i finished at 2:30 AM but i just sucked horribly at the last 3 final spells.

nomedeusuarionaodisp
The highest score in Gensokyo.org is 1,992,699,200, but I'm sure it has lots of grazing and manipulating the Youkai/Human bar and etc. Yours is good, I think. Hell I suck and my best score was around 910,000,000 so yeah it's a good score. I really should try playing again (even though the last time I did so I got this)...
Cyclone
Ok i just played through again. Remilia Solo fucking kicks some kind of ass.

also, just how many final cards does the final boss have? I got through like 5 before reaching 5:00AM

Slain087
Mafiamaster

Cyclone wrote:

Remilia Solo fucking kicks some kind of ass.
Remilia owns everything and everyone at every game.<3
Cyclone
Cyclone

Download: th8_udCyc1.rar
show more