forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pokebis
Jesus, I'm like anti-all this stuff and it still made me rage. Seriously, Yo-Gi-Oh?

EDIT: These are the guys that report the most important things in the world, and the ones that pretty much influence all of your opinions on politics.
Diokatsu

neo@lex wrote:

Why is it that every time something awesome comes around people feel the need to completely ruin it?
Guy who's cosplaying Aya is Kilga from stepmania o.o
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pasonia
Hey don't bully Youmu, or I'll runpast your Reisen twenty times! -_-+
lukewarmholiday

Pasonia wrote:

Hey don't bully Youmu, or I'll runpast your Reisen twenty times! -_-+
Quality post, would read again.
lukewarmholiday
Halp I can't read moonspeak and I see Cirno, Sanae, and new Hong Meiling SWR style art :V

Perhaps they are coming into SWR? I dunno I can't decipher these anonymous's babbling and this link.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/index.html
Slain087
Say hello to Touhou 12.3 (yes, .3). Touhou Hisoutensoku. This is a likely indicator we might be seeing a 12.5 from ZUN.
Nachy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Halp I can't read moonspeak and I see Cirno, Sanae, and new Hong Meiling SWR style art :V

Perhaps they are coming into SWR? I dunno I can't decipher these anonymous's babbling and this link.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/index.html
Awesome!

OK let me try my best on translating it....

SPOILER
Basically, on the story page, it tells the sunlight is blocked during Gensokyo's Summer Season and the temperature is lukewarm (lol), as "you" rush home, you look down the mountain then mentions that "she" is one of them where looked down upon. Kind of vague, although I'm not good at Japanese
OK let's see on the characters. It's in the form of them narrating as far as I can understand, Sanae is dreaming about anime robots attacking the village and causing the strange summer. Cirno, saying she's excited and flying around because of the unusual Summer, she saw suddenly in the midst of fogs, a giant monster of some sort in metallic form, Cirno suddenly got frantic and out of curiosity went away investigating the monster. Meiling, guarding as usual, hearing a noisy mansion, thinking that Remilia is happy about the unusual dark Summer. Suddenly, Meiling felt a vague anxiety as she saw from the mountains a huge figure, thinking since the Scarlet Devil Mansion seems busy, and she has nothing to do, she went to enjoy her boring day by investigating the strange huge figure.

I'm really excited about this.

EDIT:
lol I suck at translating, Cyclone found the correct translations now.

Story:

SPOILER
That morning was a little dark, as if something was blocking the rays of the sun. Could it be because of the morning mist that had unexpectedly appeared in the middle of summer?

Having leapt out of your home into the mist you were expecting to let you forget about the heat, it is no wonder you would be startled to have that swaying "thing" appear before your eyes.

This man-shaped "thing", venting disgusting tepid steam, staggered forward as if gazing up at the mountain.

--From up on the summery mountain, as hot and busy as it always was, she gazed down upon the man-shaped "thing".

Sanae:

SPOILER
Two short years had passed since she first came to Gensokyo. At first, she was in such awe of its bizarre inhabitants that she couldn't even perform her rituals properly, but now she was on friendly terms with them, and could perform her usual work just fine.

She thought she would not be surprised by anything any more. But of course, Gensokyo is the kind of place that will manage to startle anyone who believes so. That is one of Gensokyo's strong points in comparison to the outside world.

From the Moriya Shrine, she had seen the shape of a giant man. It was taller by far than the shrine itself - in her own old-fashioned terms, it was on the scale of a ten-story highrise.

To her, it looked like a giant robot from the anime she used to watch long ago.

But for a robot, it moved too smoothly. It moved as if alive, sometimes looking longingly at the mountains, sometimes glaring down at the villages. And suddenly, it was wrapped in fog, disappearing in eery silence.

When she informed Kanako of what she had seen, Kanako told her about the Spectre of the Brocken. The Spectre of the Brocken is a weather phenomenon where your own shadow is reflected in the mist as a seemingly giant figure.

But no matter whether it actually was just a weather phenomenon, believing it was so would take all the fun out of your possible trains of thought. So she decided to believe it was a giant robot attacking the villages below. That way, it would be fun to investigate.

Yes, this was definitely no shadow reflected in the mist. The mist had appeared after the man-shape, but most importantly, this was Gensokyo, a place where nothing, no matter how strange, is ever unexpected.

Cirno:

SPOILER
The little fairy was excited as ever. Today it was because she had seen that thing that was taller than a mountain.

Of course, it was it was also further away than the mountains, so it wasn't very big, but from looking at it, she felt there wasn't much of a difference between them. It had quickly been enveloped in mist and she lost sight of it, but she was sure of what she'd seen. That was the great youkai Daidarabocchi, no doubt about it.

With no idea where should stay, but filled with excitement at seeing such a rare youkai, the miko had left the youkai mountain.

"Have you seen a giant ro... a large moving thing around here?" asked the miko, starting her search through the mist.

The little fairy for some reason started feeling annoyed at this, and felt that since she had seen it first, it should belong to her.

"Nope, haven't seen Daidarabocchi at all!" she answered, to fool the miko.

She had set out to search for the great youkai on her own, out of pure curiosity.

Meiling:

SPOILER
The Scarlet Devil Mansion was as busy that day as it always was. The gate keeper was giving a report to the mistress of the house, Remilia Scarlet, who was cheerfully paying it no attention.

The gate keeper was feeling a vague sense of unease. During the morning, she had seen the shape of a giant man at the foot of the mountain. It had then vented tepid steam around it, and disappeared.

What could it have been? It was as big as the giant bird Peng, and spewed ominous smoke. She was sure of it - it was the shape of Taisuei-shengjun, the Embodiment of Misfortune.

Now all the youkai of Gensokyo must stand together and fight this evil god that has appeared in their midst, she reported to the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Needless to say, her recommendation was not heeded.

As she reflected later, she perhaps exaggerated a bit, in order to brighten up her dull everyday life a little.
lukewarmholiday
Who would use lukewarm to describe weather.
Metroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nachy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Who would use lukewarm to describe weather.
RemmyX25

this guy is awesome
Nachy
Those are some great piano skills.
Neo@lex
UFO and EUNL are both apparently going to be released at C76, which is in a few weeks. Most of us will probably get both, but all the noobs who hopped on the bandwagon when SWR was released will likely flock to EUNL, making UFO the better of the two.
Lybydose

neo@lex wrote:

UFO and EUNL are both apparently going to be released at C76, which is in a few weeks. Most of us will probably get both, but all the noobs who hopped on the bandwagon when SWR was released will likely flock to EUNL, making UFO the better of the two.
Err, what? UFO is a shooter, EUNL is a fighter.
Neo@lex
That's kinda my point.
lukewarmholiday
Nachy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

http://aja-games.com/products_koumajo/index.htm

touhouvania, hurr

Fun.
MMzz
I have thought of playing but never got around to it :P
Should I try?
lukewarmholiday
It's not a castlevania tribute without elaborate backgrounds, I don't see elaborate backgrounds.
Slain087
Now taking bets on how fast we 1cc UFO and EUNL. Also taking bets on how many fake torrents that pop up in the first 12 hours from release.
Neo@lex
There's a legit download now.
Comes with lazorz, manly men and some new lolis.
Doomsday
1cc'd normal on my 2nd attempt. the final boss is a pain in the ass

http://replays.gensokyo.org/index.php
Neo@lex
12.3's out now. Comes with everything you could want from a Touhou fighter.
If you have SWR, you'll need to set the file path in config123.ini to get all its characters.
lukewarmholiday

neo@lex wrote:

There's a legit download now.
Comes with lazorz, manly men and some new lolis.
Huh?
Slain087
There's a male character now, been there ever since the demo.
Doomsday
lukewarmholiday
Oh, you're talking about the cloud.

Thing is manly as fuk
Lyner

neo@lex wrote:

If you have SWR, you'll need to set the file path in config123.ini to get all its characters.
Can anyone help me? I don't understand how to update my SWR with 12.3 <_>
Nharox
Configure the configex123.ini file to the path where SWR (10.5) is located~

Worked for me. ;)
Nachy

Lyner wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

Can anyone help me? I don't understand how to update my SWR with 12.3 <_>

Get the v1.01 patch
Open configex123
Change [th105path] path= to your SWR folder
Lyner
Uh, I don't see any file named configex123.ini :o
Nachy

Lyner wrote:

Uh, I can't see any file named configex123.ini :o
Strange, should be there, it's a text file, everything should have been there.
Lyner
There are readme, th123, th123c, unins000, and the uninstall app
Nachy
Copy pasta this into your folder and best of luck.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/configex123.ini
Metroid
Uh that won't work for some people due to where they store their folder :/
but it's a example to start off with.
Lyner

NachoPiggy wrote:

Copy pasta this into your folder and best of luck.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/configex123.ini
It didn't work :(
Slain087
SCREW YOU STAGE 5 BOSS. SCREW YOU AND YOUR LAZERS.

As you might have noticed, I'm a bit irritated at the Stage 5 boss. More specifically, the Spell Card with the rotating green laser. If it weren't for those goddamn rice bullets...

And again, I suck at deathbombing. Haven't gotten to 12.3 yet; I'll cool down with Warning Forever for a bit before I try that.

Also, :cry: at no Stage 4 gimmick.

EDIT: 12.3: It looks like our two new characters have their own gimmicks. (9)'s got a slow fall, and Sanae gets her goddesses. I haven't yet gone up in a real fight against China, but I don't think she got anything new. Also, yay at Dichromatic Butterfly ~ Ancients as Reimu's theme.

EDIT2: Wow. Wasn't expecting Utsuho to be here.

EDIT3: We get Suwako too?!
Nachy
Doomsday
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x141 ... damnit.jpg <-TOUHOU 12 SPOILERS. BEWARE

gah.

it started out so easy too :(
show more