forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
YellowerYoshi
Aww, poor Alice epic failed karaoke night.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis

Slain087 wrote:

Old
Sadly, that video and others similar are popular on NND.
lukewarmholiday

Pokebis wrote:

Slain087 wrote:

Old
Sadly, that video and others similar are popular on NND.
quite sad indeed
Slain087

James wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHaPBKakelU&fmt=18
That's the first time I've seen that happen with Orries Sun.

And oh god I just realized I have to capture Fantasy Heaven all over again gahg ARGH I have to cap Apollo 13 Hard all over again shit I have to cap seven cards in Extra to get Imperishable Shooting up
James
lol i was like, laughing until i died. xD
Kasada
After quite a bit of patience, I've succeeded in hacking the music in SWR. It's relatively simple if you know what to do and have the right tools, so PM me if you're interested.
YellowerYoshi
I've been trying to beat Normal EoSD for awhile now but Sakuya always trashes me. I've been trying out these crazy pacifist runs to try and force myself to get better at dodging and I think it's somewhat working, but I still make stupid mistakes and don't bomb as much as I should.
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kasada
YellowerYoshi
Slain087
ReimuB's Patchy battle is actually supposed to be the second-hardest of the four, with I believe MarisaB having the hardest.

As for Sakuya, just note that the hitboxes for the knives are round. Yes. They're round. Don't try grazing them. I believe Eternal Meek has a safespot in the upper-right spot on her sprite. As for individual cards, the only real advice I can give is to make sure you're out of danger from the stainless steel set, so you can concentrate on dodging the bloody set and the moldy set.
YellowerYoshi
Slain087
I was playing PoFV, when I was reminded of a certain comment made about one of my older IN replays - more to the point, that I moved like the AI. I may be good at unfocused dodging, but I'm not insane. I've booted up a Tei vs. Tei AI Lunatic battle. 14 minutes in, first blood was given. If you've played even Easy mode, you know how hard it is to even last three minutes without injury. These two just keep flying in the face of bullets, dodging through literally pixel-perfect holes, and generally haxing through the whole thing. Hell, I don't even think some of those holes they fly through are even three pixels wide. Yet they do it.

More to come when someone actually dies. So, an hour maybe?

EDIT: First kill at 47:20. P2 was pretty lucky, P1 couldn't use her deathbomb special ability.
EDIT2: 22:28; P1 nets the V. Still, P2 lived for nearly nineteen minutes on just the last life.
EDIT3: P2 claims victory at 18:12. Both ended up at last life early, oddly enough.

So, that's a total of 1:28:00 in heated battle (or 88:00). Often I have seen mists of bullets, hails of orbs, and generally shit flying in all directions.

Oh, and MoF Normal 1cc. Yay.
Mafiamaster
Get on Hamachi peeples
I need sum SWR matches cuz im bord
:(
Cyclone
Anytime you want to play just ask me.
Slain087
Metroid
I finally got around on Remilia's Combos.

Thanks to Cyclone.

Here's how I'm setup.

Remilia's Combo Moves.

V \ > B or V / < B - Singular Dash
V \ > C or V / < C - Multi Dash
V V (B or C) - Air Dash
V < (B or C) - Lasers (Chains when replaced)
HOLDV (B or C) - Barrel Roll
V (B or C) - Low Kick
> A - Wing Slash
V A - Low Wing Slash
< A - Spin Wing Slash

XBOX 360 WIRED CONTROLLER SETUP - METROID
---------------------------------
|LB - A+B
LB pause RB |RB - B+C
^ y |A - A
< 5 > X B |B - B
V A |X - C
|Y - D
|Directonals in clockwise. 2,3,6,9,8,7,4,1 (starting from V)
-------------------------------------------

|
A+B pause B+C |
7 8 9 D |
4 5 6 C B |
1 2 3 A |
|

V - 2
> - 6
^ - 8
< - 4
\(V) - 3
\(^) - 7
/(^) - 9
/(v) - 1
A - Physical Attack
B - Weak Projectile
C - Strong Projectile
D - Dsh/8-Way Flight
A+B - Toggle Cards
B+C - Use Cards
Cyclone
YellowerYoshi
EoSD, you are a cruel mistress. I've been slipping up trying to 1cc this freaking game on Normal. One of these days...

In other news, I've been working on getting the rest of the Touhou games (From 6 - 12). Mountain of Faith is rather difficult, but it's definitely a fun play. Even just trying to play on Easy, I eat up lives and continues. It seems like it has a really steep score bracket for 1-ups. Kanako is haaaard. Probably one of the hardest bosses I've played so far. Her spell cards are just really cheap and cluttered.

I think my favorite characters in MoF is probably ReimuA and ReimuC. I like ReimuA's homing while I'm dodging all over the place and I love ReimuC's huge range (although her boss damage is rather pitiful).
Slain087
PCB, MoF, and SA are ridiculously difficult on Easy (though PCB gives you a small break by making Normal not much harder). I still haven't capped Kanako's second-to-last card, nor Utsuho's second card. Don't play StB unless you can at the very least 1cc one of the other games with default lives - it's about Hard level in difficulty just right out of the gate, and you essentially have to cap at least eighty percent of a level in order to proceed. PoFV, well... It's a nice way to learn how to unfocus dodge, just don't play on Lunatic, especially on Match Mode (see the above post on the Tei vs. Tei battle).

Why can't UFO come out sooner?

Also, the big problem with MoF up is that Continues kick you back to the beginning of the Stage rather than let you try your luck from when you left off (because of that damn game over music, I guess).

In other news, I'm getting better at PCB. Managed to cap Saigyouji Perfect Blossom -Seal-, a card that I have had tremendous trouble with in the past. Still haven't capped Resurrection Butterfly -10% Reflowering-, but I can limit myself to a single bomb.

And one more vid:
James
^
wer u get tohomon sprites? gimme
Slain087

James wrote:

^
wer u get tohomon sprites? gimme
I don't know where you can get a dump of them, but I found this one at the Touhou Wiki, under Other Games -> RPG -> 東方人形劇 -> Touhoudex; and from there, you can go and find the one you like (Last Word Yuyuko, in this case).

If you just want to get to the Touhoudex without having to navigate the site, click here.
Slain087
SerChef_old
c'mon people
join to the osu!'s Touhou Hamachi server just for fun
actually the room is too bored and I only see cyclone online but I'm afraid to ask him for a match xD
Cyclone
SerChef_old
well... this is just a suggestion...

the people who are not active on the server can just leave and let new people enter to play,
of course... I mean people with desires of play
I never see Neoatlex or LadySuburu online
Slain087
Neo@lex
Kick me too. Hamachi doesn't work for me.
Cyclone
I have no idea the potential this has to work, but if anybody wants to help me test it,

http://www.remobo.com/

My username is DarkCyclone
-SiN-
wow. beta.. lemme try.. i have a problem with hamachi lately
Cyclone
Mafiamaster
I suggest a roster maybe of who has Remobo and wants to play SWR. Or just say your username in a post.
Since people are going to have to add each "buddy" 1 by 1 to get a list going. I think?
Anyways, my name is Mafiamaster if you want to add me.
-SiN-
can't register ==' damn beta
James
i wanna play with people!! share your connection with me plzzzz
SerChef_old
damn beta >.>
the instalation freezes in one part
Neo@lex
Cyclone
It's closing on me too, though i have no idea why. Just says network cable is unplugged
Sousei
i played some swr this week but im still trash at it Xp
ill try to get on your hamachi or that remobo thing, then you guys can teach me :D
but why use hamachi 0.0
Cyclone
so we can easily see who plays, and when they are online. It also give us easy access to chat and IP addresses, and it can even bypass certain connection problems at times.
show more