forum

May 2010 Ranking Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Congratulations to Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe for not only being the winners of the April chart, but all 3 are now repeat champions of their respective gametypes! The prize remains the same: a 1 month supporter tag and a profile badge.

A huge thanks to the MAT for helping the selection of this month's chart.

For current standings and the song list, please visit this link
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

Congratulations to Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe for not only being the winners of the April chart, but all 3 are now repeat champions of their respective gametypes!
Nice Cookiezi and youngdow :DD, Korea have very nice players ;3
^^

Cyclone wrote:

profile badge.
Profiles must be updated :3
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I'm not in charge of that. peppy will get to it, I assure you.
Zekira
youngdow's hoarding the osu!taiko community. I swear Taiko gods shouldn't be allowed to be in the ranking charts anymore D: lol j/k , youngdow forever~
NatsumeRin
youngdow in the ranking chart means: hey guys why are you here lol~ we all know who will be the winner.
youngdow~~>_<
Zekira
Yeah it's kinda useless to play Taiko for ranking now XD
DeathxShinigami

Zekira wrote:

Same almost goes for CTB but joynama has been making huge strides lately so who knows~~
arien666

Zekira wrote:

youngdow's hoarding the osu!taiko community. I swear Taiko gods shouldn't be allowed to be in the ranking charts anymore D: lol j/k , youngdow forever~
We should rank more and more Taiko songs ;_;
Zekira

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Zekira wrote:

Same almost goes for CTB but joynama has been making huge strides lately so who knows~~
But youngdow's lead is like, HUEG. Too HUEG.
-Xero-
mikhe have a break
have a kit kat
kvnyaoi
youngdow god-tier~~
mikhe

Xero_HT wrote:

mikhe have a break
have a kit kat
Kit Kat :D.... Ñam! :3
Umandsf
This was the first one I've tried for the high score. It was a treat to get in the top 40 in both Taiko and CtB, but I'll gladly take the top American spot for Taiko. :)
GladiOol
Some maps in this chart are pretty gay :(
Ekaru

Gladi wrote:

Some maps in this chart are pretty gay :(
You should've seen Cyclone when he was making the chart. Wasn't a pretty sight I tell ya.

EDIT: I hate homophones.
Zekira

kvnyaoi wrote:

youngdow god-tier~~
More like beyond god-tier.
mm201

Ekaru wrote:

EDIT: I hate homophones.
I read this as "I hate homophobes" and figured you were picking on Gladi. :?
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

kvnyaoi wrote:

youngdow god-tier~~
More like beyond god-tier.
What about me...
I won the chart once >__>
Zekira
Do it 6 in a row.

Err wait, maybe just 3 lol
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

Do it 6 in a row.

I don't have the time to do that.

Also, I don't see a point in these charts, there just getting whored by the same players.

youngdow has won all but 1.

Mihke has won all but 2.

Like really, com'on. :P
mikhe

Cyclone wrote:

Congratulations to Cookiezi, youngdow, and mikhe for not only being the winners of the April chart, but all 3 are now repeat champions of their respective gametypes! The prize remains the same: a 1 month supporter tag and a profile badge.
I lost it D:, peppy please.. give the prizes as fast as you can :3

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Mihke has won all but 2.
all less 3 (october, december, january)
v512909243

Zekira wrote:

Do it 6 in a row.

Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Zekira wrote:

Do it 6 in a row.

I don't have the time to do that.

Also, I don't see a point in these charts, there just getting whored by the same players.

youngdow has won all but 1.

Mihke has won all but 2.

Like really, com'on. :P
youngdow just plays and plays the maps until he SS's the most difficult difficulty then moves to the next one. I don't think that should take you more than a weekend tbh lol. If chance allows it he just turns on Hidden and maybe Flashlight, or even HFLHR
mikhe

mikhe wrote:

Cyclone wrote:

I lost it D:, peppy please.. give the prizes as fast as you can :3
But peppy.. say me sommething (during next week, next weekend...)
peppy
Prizes/badges awarded. Sorry for the delay.
phamhongdang_old
I'm a newcomer here, so pardon me. How do you get in the contest?
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Entry is automatic and is open to everybody. Simply play the songs on the list.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

youngdow just plays and plays the maps until he SS's the most difficult difficulty then moves to the next one. I don't think that should take you more than a weekend tbh lol. If chance allows it he just turns on Hidden and maybe Flashlight, or even HFLHR
But, I'm to lazy D:
And half the songs on the list suck imo. :P

I really only did the charts that one time when the songs were epic.

Owl City <3~
Neo Adonis
Youngdow and Mikhe, Youngdow and Mikhe, Youngdow and Mikhe...

Don't think I have something against they. I must admit they play good, but goddamnit, it's OBVIOUS the result always (at least, only on Taiko and CtB), so what's the objetive? See how near of they you can reach?
NatsumeRin

Neo Adonis wrote:

Don't think I have something against they. I must admit they play good, but goddamnit, it's OBVIOUS the result always (at least, only on Taiko and CtB), so what's the objetive? See how near of they you can reach?
after FC all maps, i'll find my score about 300,000 less than youngdow, means i lose half map, 0.5/15, and i'm one of the nearest in the chart.
so i just want to say: youngdow god-tier.
NoHitter

Neo Adonis wrote:

Well are you asking that they be banned from the montly charts?

It's open to everyone.
peppy
Why don't more people try a bit harder? :P
NatsumeRin

peppy wrote:

don't know much about CTB, but for taiko...
it's hard to catch up youngdow because he's too strong. however i'll never ask to ban youngdow from the chart since i'm glad to see youngdow will get 300,000 or 400,000 scores more than the 2nd one... sometimes that guy is me, and i tried my best :P
mikhe

peppy wrote:

mmmm, in CtB.. nuzagoo have only 3,000 points less than me ^^, is possible beat me... but how say peppy, try harder :3

Neo Adonis wrote:

Not OBVIOUS, many people can win me in the chart, only they have to try!
KRZY

mikhe wrote:

mmmm, in CtB.. nuzagoo have only 3,000 points less than me ^^, is possible beat me... but how say peppy, try harder :3

I agree, nuzag's got a chance this time

and there are so many out there who can oust cookiezi from his reign, although if I were to pick a realistic candidate, no one would come close to hvick225. My apologies to all the osu-gods out there, but for me someone who can really challenge cookiezi with skills is hvick225.

AND winning the chart isn't everything. To less-skilled players like me, being in the top ten (I'm currently #11, gotta try a bit more) is quite meaningful and a realistic goal to have a shot at.

So, go play these songs! Good luck everyone!

EDIT : Cookiezi's got a tablet now, so good luck with THAT.
Zekira
Although youngdow is osu!'s version of a TaikoGod, wasn't one of the Ranking Charts purpose was to get back the competitive nature of the players? IMO one thing that's demotivating people from playing was the fact that those with insane playcounts get to be at the top of the ranking list, and thus the ranking chart was made so that there's something to motivate them to play excessively... And by playing excessively, players ought to become better in the process. youngdow and mikhe aren't stopping in their improvement in their respective modes, and now if people don't want to even try and play better (hell, it's isolated to only a few maps now!) then why are you even participating in the Ranking Charts?

From what I've seen, youngdow actually keeps on grinding the maps on the ranking charts until he gets at least an SS or something near to that. The month before the Ranking Charts change, youngdow has like 1-20+ 100s on a map, but once it gets on a Ranking Charts, he doesn't allow even 1 100 to slip and tries to SS it. Once he SS's it, then he moves to the next map, and so on, until he gets all of the highest scores on the map. Simple, isn't it? Now you might be thinking that there's that really large gap in skill level... think again, if you're not going to play as excessively or play more excessively than youngdow or mikhe then you really are never going to be as good as them. And when youngdow sees that someone actually takes over his #1 spot on a map, he just turns on one of the mods and then SS's it again... which I admit is really insane, but that's what a real pro can do, right?
Cristian
good

i gona to star to zero to view this

:o
Asenath
I'm too lazy to play with hidden to increase my scores xD
Maybe one day... who knows.