forum

[invalid] Many features requests

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jerrysr
For the original osu! mode:

1. Customize each note with different colors, hit sounds, skins and size.
For example:
One song fades out with gradually slowing the bpm. Use smaller size notes to fits the scene.
Or gradually colors change. (eg. red to transparent white)

2. BPM gradual changing
For example:
(See example above), Linear changing or bezier adjusting.
But, for now, we can't see the difference in NOTES when we are playing, because the approaching cricle speed and notes appear speed are not change with the bpm, so it needs add a options about this (like: "Change OA with BPM").
And sliders can reflect the BPM changes (eg. fast to slow in one slider)

3. Customize approaching cricle speed and notes appear speed in each note

4. Clockwise spinner and counterclockwise spinner
Details:
Limit player to spin clockwise or counterclockwise.

5. Left-Key-Note and Right-Key-Note
Details:
Assign each note with different keys which players can use to hit.
For Example:
A note can just be hit by left key (or Z)
A note can just be hit by right key (or X)

6. Suspended Time Section
Details:
Just like Dance Dance Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuk_vP6Evk
(About 45s and 55s~1min)
For Example:
The approaching circle and note appear, and suspended.
It's unable to use storyboard to imitate this effect when huge notes appear together.

7. Tag Map
Usage:
In Multi-player. Plays together with other people.
Details:
Edit some notes which needs to appeared simultaneously and hit simultaneously.
If I edit a [TAG2] map, then I can put two notes in one time. And the [TAG2] map can be played by two players in MP.
(For now, the [TAG] map must be played turn by turn.)

8. Slider thickness gradually change
Details:
Bezier Adjusting
For Example:

9. Effects Extensions
Details:
The current event effects like:
i. Hit a note, then the note enlarge and disappear
ii. Mouse move event. The star2.png falling down.
.....etc
For Example:
I can rewrite the code:
i. Hit a note, then the note fly to the score and disappear (like taiko)
ii. When mouse move, pop up some stars, circles, squares... in different positions in the screen, then fly to the mouse and disappear.
....etc

For Other Things:

1. An option about forbidding other players to spectate.
(Because in some situation I don't want other people to spec)
For Example:
By checking the option, normal players can't spec someone playing, but BATs, MATs and site managers ...etc still can spec.

2. Custom online status
For Example:
When I afk, I can type: "Go for dinner." ...etc

3. For Subscribe Users, They can custom the IRC text colors (not the ID color)

4. BATs and referee can spec ALL players simultaneously in a room
For Example:
During a competition, BATs or judgements can just spec a room, and BATs osu screen would display ALL the players screen. (Divide the screen to 8 part, because 8 players is the max of a room)
And after the competition, ALL the replays also save to the judgements computer.

5. ....(to be continued)

Sorry for my poor English >_<

Thanks for reading :)
anonymous_old

Jerrysr wrote:

1. Customize each note with different colors, hit sounds, skins and size.
For example:
One song fades out with gradually slowing the bpm. Use smaller size notes to fits the scene.
Or gradually colors change. (eg. red to transparent white)
Colours has been suggested before, and seems to be a workable option. Same with hit sounds and skins.

Size, however, I disagree with, because it will most likely confuse the player, except for very separate parts of the map.

Jerrysr wrote:

2. BPM gradual changing
For example:
(See example above), Linear changing or bezier adjusting.
But, for now, we can't see the difference in NOTES when we are playing, because the approaching cricle speed and notes appear speed are not change with the bpm, so it needs add a options about this (like: "Change OA with BPM").
And sliders can reflect the BPM changes (eg. fast to slow in one slider)
I think what you want is a multi-speed slider. I don't see a need for this, personally.

Jerrysr wrote:

No, because it needs to be consistent to prevent confusion of the player.

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
No... Some people have major problems spinning in their opposite direction, and this would make your map almost unplayable.

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
For Example:
This goes against the 'rule' that osu! can be played with one of those shit one-button Apple mice.

Jerrysr wrote:

6. Suspended Time Section
Details:
Just like Dance Dance Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnuk_vP6Evk
(About 45s and 55s~1min)
For Example:
The approaching circle and note appear, and suspended.
It's unable to use storyboard to imitate this effect when huge notes appear together.
I don't think you should be doing this when there are many notes appearing at the same time. SB works fine in cases where this is effective.

Jerrysr wrote:

7. Tag Map
Usage:
Details:
If I edit a [TAG2] map, then I can put two notes in one time. And the [TAG2] map can be played by two players in MP.
Suggested before, and I don't think it's worth-while.

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
Bezier Adjusting
For Example:
This is really ugly. I'm not sure where you'd want this...

Jerrysr wrote:

9. Effects Extensions
Details:
.....etc
For Example:
I can rewrite the code:
ii. When mouse move, pop up some stars, circles, squares... in different positions in the screen, then fly to the mouse and disappear.
....etc
Sounds a bit too complicated. Maybe use storyboard/osq code to skin different things...?

Jerrysr wrote:

For Example:
By checking the option, normal players can't spec someone playing, but BATs, MATs and site managers ...etc still can spec.
Suggested before and shot down (IIRC).

Jerrysr wrote:

2. Custom online status
For Example:
When I afk, I can type: "Go for dinner." ...etc
I support this. /away support.

Jerrysr wrote:

This would be too confusing IMO.

Jerrysr wrote:

For Example:
During a competition, BATs or judgements can just spec a room, and BATs osu screen would display ALL the players screen. (Divide the screen to 8 part, because 8 players is the max of a room)
And after the competition, ALL the replays also save to the judgements computer.
Sounds interesting, but may kill bandwidth. (I'm not sure how spectating is implemented.)

Jerrysr wrote:

5. ....(to be continued)
Eh, no.
Topic Starter
Jerrysr

strager wrote:

Colours has been suggested before, and seems to be a workable option. Same with hit sounds and skins.

Size, however, I disagree with, because it will most likely confuse the player, except for very separate parts of the map.
Yes, it's confused when mapper uses it widely.
But it also makes the map filled with more feelings and emotions; use this properly may make it fun!
So we can add some limitations about using different sizes.

strager wrote:

I think what you want is a multi-speed slider. I don't see a need for this, personally.
Or just make the slider with two speeds, like "faster to slower" and "slower to faster".

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

No, because it needs to be consistent to prevent confusion of the player.
When a song played into a slower part or into some scenes, slower approaching circles can fit for the feelings.

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
No... Some people have major problems spinning in their opposite direction, and this would make your map almost unplayable.

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
For Example:
This goes against the 'rule' that osu! can be played with one of those shit one-button Apple mice.
Ok... :(

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

6. Suspended Time Section......
I don't think you should be doing this when there are many notes appearing at the same time. SB works fine in cases where this is effective.
I mean, in lower OA with a lot of 1/4 or 1/8 notes, it's unable use SB to suspend those notes appear at one time.
The SB suspeded trick can be used on one note each time, other later appeared notes would not be suspended)

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

7. Tag Map
Usage:
Details:
Suggested before, and I don't think it's worth-while.
Ok....

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

Details:
Bezier Adjusting
For Example:
This is really ugly. I'm not sure where you'd want this...
Or maybe just implements this: one size to another size, like small to large.
But it's fun with a funnel shape slider or a acentric-circles-like slider.

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

9. Effects Extensions
Details:
.....etc
For Example:
I can rewrite the code:
....etc
Sounds a bit too complicated. Maybe use storyboard/osq code to skin different things...?
Stroyboard can't do these because SB objects can't be interacted with mouse events or keybaord events >_<
But this is not so necessary :P

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

For Example:
Suggested before and shot down (IIRC).
:o

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

This would be too confusing IMO.
Just a suggestion :P. I like personalization :)

strager wrote:

Jerrysr wrote:

For Example:
Sounds interesting, but may kill bandwidth. (I'm not sure how spectating is implemented.)
Split views, like http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/evidence-reports/2005/081/2-081-4way-split-screen.jpg

I think it's time to make more flexible styles in beatmaps, not just jumps, stacks, streams or arranging notes. ;)
0_o
I was thinking about changing OD's mid-map the other day. This effect WOULD work well for maps with slower parts - if you are using OD 8 on a fast-paced map that has a slow section, the slow section's circles are going to feel too fast.

I know there's already a whole separating approach rate from hit window discussion, but I think the idea has potential.
Kitsunemimi
I pretty much agree with strager except I sorta like the tag-map idea (thought of it before) and the subscribe user idea as well.
mm201
^ @ strager, and:

a. See Hitcircle Colour Changes in Timing Sections, and Hitcircle Colour Reordering.
b. There's decently many hitsounds already, but more would be always welcome. Mind you, the only mappers on the entire system who'd use them would be myself and DJPop.
c. Skins have bee discussed and denied already. peppy wants a consistency of feel across a map. I could see some use for changing hitcircle.png, hitcircleoverlay.png, and the numbers with each combo to create certain effects, like elements (fire water, plant, ...), types of flowers, shapes, etc.
d. Totally not. Maps should have a sense of consistency

2. For purposes of timing: no. Timing fluctuating BPM music is hard enough already; I couldn't see anyone sane attempting to deduce accelerating BPMs.
Sliders: Just no. If the ticks were behaved properly, it would be sort of readable but still so odd and confusing. It would disrupt the map's flow.

3. No. I hate the way TNT does this. Terrible. Approach rate is established as a difficulty setting and is not representative of BPM.

4, 5, 6, 7. ^ strager

8. Is the slider ball supposed to grow? .__. Looks strange and confusing in all cases. Also assumes 1-d, which I disagree with.

9. Storyboarding hitobject tag events. Isn't this planned? I guess you're also suggesting SB particle systems here, which might be useful.

1. Play offline. I also disagree with giving mods exceptions to things like this.

2. Maybe, but just for Idle/AFK status.

3. Nope. There are too many supporters?BAT, so things would get confusing. Maybe if there were only a few colours to choose from. I could see this working only for devs.

4. HIGH SYSTEM REQUIREMENT EGADS! This would also be a ton of work to implement. Classic high burden/low reward scenario.
Lybydose
With regard to the 2nd "4", it WOULD be nice if spectating someone playing multiplayer let you see the scoreboard while doing so.