forum

Light screen, not pokemon -_- [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
nhii
Is it just me or, approach circles are really really tiny at times? I mean, yea I could just make a new approach circle from the default one and like scale it by 50% and that jazz, but than once it's too big you can't really tell how many beats there are in stacked 1/8 1/4 or w/e fraction it is, and changing the size of an approach circle drastically affects your gameplay, timing of the 300's and stuff.

Well, I ran across a map where it goes from dark to bright, all that flashing animations that mappers somehow figured out how to do lol I love that flash affect XD ldobe it. I don't even know how to really describe it, when it was dark, my approach circle's and everything just looked really colorful and loved it, than it got back to a normal brighter background and my combo just pfft me noob /ragequit :evil:

Okay, enough 3rd person talking. Not asking for like an entire "CHANGE COMBO COLOR", just a little light screen mod that darkens things except the, you know. .

"HIT STUFF" "BEATS" "CIRCLES" w/ numbers

anyways, the light screen should have an opacity option, like darken white to gray zone 50% rather than turning everything to pitch darkness and you can't even see the background and affects mappers have worked so hard to put in. . but if you can't see the hit circles and approach, something is wrong in my opinion.
*edit nevermind, a MOD wouldn't work than you can't change opacity option, many people have different eyes and eyesight and preferences, it has to be an options feature

(sorry if someone already has a topic similiar to this, I only searched for lighting, thats how i got the "change combo color" thing"
Derekku
The playfield already darkens a bit during play. If things are still to bright (on all maps), then perhaps your monitor's brightness is just turned up too high.

Also: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18974
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14064
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7951
etc.
Topic Starter
nhii
I didn't ask for a solution for that I can't see my approach circles, I don't need a solution for my brightness, and contrast would help better btw for when a map is the EXACT SAME COLOR AS YOUR APPROACH CIRCLE / SKIN *off topic

anyways, if i lower brightness, than won't i have to raise it every time I go into an FPS game with shadows? haha weak excuse I got, but it's something right?

It's a mere suggestion, a OPTION that helps increase your reaction time(but not really) to the colors that come up (FASTER), and it just happens the main/pure colors appear better on dark backgrounds except purple and stuff xD anyways, I lose, you win, I'm gonna stop coming up with random counters to why I don't need to change my brightness. is this a pointless suggestion or not?
Topic Starter
nhii
Not merely asking for a brightness change option, well technically yes, but one that doesn't affect hit circles and approach circles. much easier than making / finding / altering new skins / replacing other hit circles of the creators custom hitcircle in the beat map
*edit some are just awful trying to play, superb map till you see this weird dooky color that blends with the rest of the turd