forum

MOD feature suggestion (mines)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
I think it would be good if you could add a mine MOD feature like what's on StepMania, where Osu! would place mines randomly in place of where circles would normally be.

What do you think? :)
James
This is Osu!, not stepmania.
Peppy might not want to imitate other stuffs from other games..
Slain087
This kind of mod would be a problem if there was a stack of notes - you can't really tell, and sometimes you almost have to alternate buttons. If there was a mine where you can't expect it, well... boom.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Slain087 wrote:

This kind of mod would be a problem if there was a stack of notes - you can't really tell, and sometimes you almost have to alternate buttons. If there was a mine where you can't expect it, well... boom.
A rule could be created so that Osu! would only place mines where there is no stacking. :)
Echo
I say no, since it'd feel random to have to skip a beat in the middle of a song.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Echo49 wrote:

I say no, since it'd feel random to have to skip a beat in the middle of a song.
Ok then, how about having to right click on a mine with the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard. That way it doesn't alter the flow of rhythm when playing a beatmap. Of course this would mean that you can only use the left mouse button for clicking on regular notes, otherwise you could use the right mouse button for everything. So I'd suggest that in the MOD section you should be able to choose whether you should use the right mouse button, or use the keyboard to click on the mines. This way it keeps everyone happy, since some people use both mouse buttons when playing Osu!, by alternating rapidly between them.

Anyway, as for imitating features from StepMania like James suggested earlier, it doesn't have to be a mine like I originally suggested, it could be a 'pigeon' MOD instead, or something else. You have to right click on the annoying pigeon to make it fly away, and if you don't right click on it, then it will explode and you lose a point off your combo for killing it. :lol: :twisted:

P.S. Sorry to pigeon lovers out there. :P
awp
how about if you don't shoo the pigeon away it starts breaking your hitcircles and oh no your score won't go up and your hp won't recover because awp is breakin ur shit
Vic
^epic, do want. animation of pidgeon breaking stuff= awesome.
awp
in my opinion a powerup weapon for osu! Powered Battle Mode (vs multiplayer)