forum

Cursor movement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pandaBee
I've been really working on instilling some good habits regarding my cursor movement lately, and I've improved a lot in that aspect. However, i'm not sure how to approach closing gaps between sequences. Between two sequences of hit circles should i try to be moving as straight as possible from one to the other (such as in jumps for instance) or is it fine if it's a little bit curved? Is curving a bad habit i should avoid is it perfectly normal?

I find that if I concentrate hard I can move in a straight line between most sequences, except for side-to-side parallel/almost parallel sliders that begin/end on opposing heads- i tend to move in a circular motion for those since they're so close to one another it almost feels like i'm doing a mini slider.

Thoughts?
xasuma
A curve is perfectly fine, since you are not a robot. :) The smaller the curve, the harder you 'snap'. But it isn't a "bad habit" either way.
The journey isn't important, whats important is that you get there.
shortpotato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7jd_ez17o

its okay lol as long as you can hit the note
whatever works :DD
B1rd
focus on hitting the circles not on robotic cursor movement.
pkhg
If you want a robotic snap go watch some Doomsday replays >.o
Sophia
I cursor dance whenever I can. If there's enough space between one note and the other that moving my mouse there instantly would give me free time (As in I'd have to wait), I just do an arc or something to get to the note exactly when I have to hit it. I think it's perfectly fine.

xasuma wrote:

The journey isn't important, whats important is that you get there.
This isn't the place for philosophical debates, but I can't get out of my mindset that this is wrong in so many ways.
xasuma
^
Not philosophical, I meant it quite literally. From one note to another, the journey your cursor takes. ;)

lol
E m i

B1rd wrote:

focus on hitting the circles not on robotic cursor movement.
this...
Sophia

xasuma wrote:

^
Not philosophical, I meant it quite literally. From one note to another, the journey your cursor takes. ;)

lol
I know you meant it literally. I was obviously tackling the undertone.
Green Platinum

Dm1321 wrote:

xasuma wrote:

^

lol
I know you meant it literally. I was obviously tackling the undertone.
I thought it meant use hacks to get there by any means possible.
Thanks for clearing that blunder up.
buny
you naturally learn how to snap as you get better
Deathripi

pkhg wrote:

If you want a robotic snap go watch some Doomsday replays >.o
He's a mouse player. Mouse snapping is like 420 geometry.