forum

[duplicate] See how long someone you are chatting with is silenced

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
Topic Starter
lkgddr
I was talking to a friend and I was muted due to being rude in #osu and my friend was wondering how long I was muted for. Of course I wasn't able to tell him. It would be better if when you send a chat message to someone who is muted, it says that they are muted for (x) minutes. I understand that they could simply go onto the person's user page to check but it would be less hassle if it told you in-game.
Seijiro
When someone gets silenced you can go on his profile and at the bottom of the page you'll see a "recent infringiments" section and a duration for every silence you get.
You start with 5 minutes and the time will be doubled everytime you get a new silence, but watch out: based on the gravity some silences could be longer than others
Topic Starter
lkgddr
As I said in my post, it would be less hassle if you could see how long it would last in-game.
Flanster
Just one mouse click and button press isn't much of a hassle but it wouldn't hurt to have this I guess.
FrzR
There would be a "(User) cannot talk for n minutes. Check their profile for more information".

\:D/
DT-sama
This is useful for me. It would almost literally halve the amount of PMs (and with them, notifications from osu!) I receive while I am silenced.
When I'm silenced, my conversations usually go as follows:

"hey"
"damn you're silenced again!"
"sh*t dude 85 hours?!? for inappropriate conversation in #italian?! what did you do this time lol"
*awkward silence*

But if this were a feature, it would definitely go as such:

"hey"
"damn you're silenced for 341 hours?! for italian in #italian? is that even a reason lol"
*awkward silence*

I keep osu! open when I'm not playing and while watching chinese cartoons, and being reminded so often of being unable to do anything other than playing singleplayer is quite annoying. This could lower the remembrance rate, so it would really be of help for me!
Seijiro

DT-sama wrote:

This is useful for me. It would almost literally halve the amount of PMs (and with them, notifications from osu!) I receive while I am silenced.
When I'm silenced, my conversations usually go as follows:

"hey"
"damn you're silenced again!"
"sh*t dude 85 hours?!? for inappropriate conversation in #italian?! what did you do this time lol"
*awkward silence*

But if this were a feature, it would definitely go as such:

"hey"
"damn you're silenced for 341 hours?! for italian in #italian? is that even a reason lol"
*awkward silence*

I keep osu! open when I'm not playing and while watching chinese cartoons, and being reminded so often of being unable to do anything other than playing singleplayer is quite annoying. This could lower the remembrance rate, so it would really be of help for me!
Lol, no comment for this one xD

Fr33z3R wrote:

There would be a "(User) cannot talk for n minutes. Check their profile for more information".

\:D/
Actually I was thinking exactly at this (I don't know why I didn't read the "in-game" part of the request the first time...my bad)
Anyway, this looks like the solution imo, so why not
xasuma
This is a "sure why not" thread. But with so many more important and useful requests going around, this one is at the bottom of the list.
Oinari-sama
Requested and denied before: t/97979

peppy wrote:

This will not be added. If you are silenced, then you can:

a) choose to not login
b) choose to login with such concessions