forum

DJ THT - Head Over Heals (Nightcore Mix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
TicClick
Hello. Unfortunately I have to disqualify the map for a difficulty gap between "Softcore" and "Hardcore", because what you have now plays like Easy + Hard due to both note density and offbeats in Hardcore. Please, add a proper Normal difficulty in between of these two and reduce complexity of Easy.

It would be also cool if you stopped trying to rank 3 diff spreads when there's obviously a gap and the existing difficulties can't fully cover it.

----------

As for Hardcore, you could use less patterns with low spacing, such as 01:36:851 (1,2,3,1) - . They're easy to spot once you've seen them in the editor, but otherwise they may be pretty misleading. Save them for a higher difficulties, maybe?..

----------

Sorry for a late disqualification; if it was me, you'd probably have it way earlier.
Topic Starter
Kazuya
Too many continuous 1/2 sliders, and circles is extremely hardl! This song 180 BPM, not slow!

I will not make an excessively difficult normal level. The dozens of consecutive 1/2 sliders and 1/2 notes couldn't be called normal.

I can place a few here and there at most, but that's all.
I think the current number of 1/2 is ideal. I always have other players to test my maps from new players to advanced players.

My normal is in accordance with the requirements for normal maps. It isn't higher than 2 stars. Even if you and me find it too easy, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's also easy for other people.

There are also rhythm shifts in it (for example from vocal to drum) and I think it's hard enough for normals.
Moreover the song is 180BPM, it isn't slow, and 1/2 objebts are pretty hard at this BPM!

I've cleared my hard map from the "anti jump" pattern. There's barely any jump in it and there are some repetitive 1/4 sliders.
If I were to clear it from these repetitive sliders and jumps aswell it would be basically the normal you are asking me to make. This is the level where 2014-2015 normal maps currently are.

I won't follow this trend. I want to make maps that can be beaten by mouse and touchpad users equally. If overmapping isn't considered a problem then why is what I'm doing not accepted?

I'll continue making normal hard and insane maps, this is my style. I'd like to do it this way. This is my 8th map that I planned to be ranked and the last two years I haven't seen anyone having similar complaints.

Please have either some newbies or normal players to test it.

Normal:

Edited:

AR: changed to 5, better!

00:26:684 (4,5) - Vocal. Removed 1/1 slider, and added long slider.
00:46:351 (6) - Added 1/2 slider
00:50:351 (3) - ^

As for Hardcore, you could use less patterns with low spacing, such as 01:36:851 (1,2,3,1) - . They're easy to spot once you've seen them in the editor, but otherwise they may be pretty misleading. Save them for a higher difficulties, maybe?..
Removed anti jumps.

I update soon!

Edited parts (Softcore, and hardcore)
Myxo
Ehh sorry but I totally disagree with this disqualify.
The spread is perfectly fine, Softcore doesn't play like an Easy at all.. Easys on this BPM normally have no 1/2, have a lot of 2/1 or longer sliders and also bigger gaps then 1/1 (although most of this is not the case in most 2015 Easys but that's not relevant here).. This is clearly a rather simple Normal (which is good to have as an easiest difficulty imo).
And Hardcore is not too hard either. It uses mainly sliders, no longer consecutive 1/2-tapping passages, a lot of 1/1-gaps to give small breaks, etc..
Also when you complain about the density gap between Softcore and Hardcore, the one between Hardcore and Rave is exactly the same imo. If you look at the object count differences you can confirm it.

I don't want to be the one who complains about the staff, but that Impact Score the other BN and me will get for this is just so unreasonable that it's hurting me a bit, since I pay high attention to quality and spread and all this stuff.
Asphyxia

Desperate-kun wrote:

Also when you complain about the density gap between Softcore and Hardcore, the one between Hardcore and Rave is exactly the same imo. If you look at the object count differences you can confirm it.
^ Basically that. Sure, there's a somewhat noticeable gap from Softcore to Hardcore, but it balances itself out really well because there is the exact same gap from Hardcore to Rave, so this disqualification makes zero sense. It should get re-ranked as it is without being touched (or maybe with few additional notes added to Softcore).

While we're at this, you, Kazuya might want to consider mapping your difficulties till 01:58:684 - to this point on. It doesn't make sense to end it at 01:57:351 - because the vocals do not stop there, nor the instruments. The map feels really nice, hope it gets re-ranked asap! :)
Andrea

Desperate-kun wrote:

Ehh sorry but I totally disagree with this disqualify.
The spread is perfectly fine, Softcore doesn't play like an Easy at all.. Easys on this BPM normally have no 1/2, have a lot of 2/1 or longer sliders and also bigger gaps then 1/1 (although most of this is not the case in most 2015 Easys but that's not relevant here).. This is clearly a rather simple Normal (which is good to have as an easiest difficulty imo).
And Hardcore is not too hard either. It uses mainly sliders, no longer consecutive 1/2-tapping passages, a lot of 1/1-gaps to give small breaks, etc..

I don't want to be the one who complains about the staff, but that Impact Score the other BN and me will get for this is just so unreasonable that it's hurting me a bit, since I pay high attention to quality and spread and all this stuff.
You pretty much said everything I wanted to say, this didn't deserve to be unqualified but obviously it's my opinion and everyone can have a different view.

Good luck on getting this back on track though, Kazuya.

It's a great map so don't give up please!
LoGo

TicClick wrote:

Hello. Unfortunately I have to disqualify the map for a difficulty gap between "Softcore" and "Hardcore", because what you have now plays like Easy + Hard due to both note density and offbeats in Hardcore. Please, add a proper Normal difficulty in between of these two and reduce complexity of Easy.

It would be also cool if you stopped trying to rank 3 diff spreads when there's obviously a gap and the existing difficulties can't fully cover it.

----------

----------

Sorry for a late disqualification; if it was me, you'd probably have it way earlier.
Are you serious? You disqualify map which was not touched for almost 1 week with such dumb reason? Difficulty spread is perfect, Insane by itself was not even that hard, wtf?
Any place where you can report QAT? '-'
This is getting beyond ridiculous...
Aleks719

LoGo wrote:

Are you serious? You disqualify map which was not touched for almost 1 week with such dumb reason? Difficulty spread is perfect, Insane by itself was not even that hard, wtf?
Read what "qualified map" means. Read what is called "Ranked map". If you are smart enough, then you'll get where you are wrong.

To Desperate-kun and Andrea:

You miss the point. If you want to see completed set without gaps with 3 diffs only (as we can see here) it should be ENH or NHI. In any another cases gap will be presented. If you want to have nice diff spread, i can only suggest to have 4 different diffs or more.
In current map i see Easy, Hard and Insane. I don't say diffs are bad, i say they are not balanced. Hard is much more close to Insane because of overlaps, 1/4 existance, anijumps, jumps etc. If Hard would be easier then map goes further without any talkings.
Topic Starter
Kazuya
I updated now.

Normal:
AR: changed to 5, because better, and this song 180 BPM, some parts is dense!

00:26:684 (4,5) - Vocal. Removed 1/1 slider, and added long slider.
00:46:351 (6) - Added 1/2 slider
00:50:351 (3) - ^
Hard:
01:36:851 (1,2,3,1) - Removed antijump. stacked.

I'm not willing to change more than one thing.

Thanks.

Please, Aleks719. This normal is not Easy. Hard is good hard, not too "Insahard", or "normhard". I wrote down the reasons why.
Myxo

Aleks wrote:

You miss the point. If you want to see completed set without gaps with 3 diffs only (as we can see here) it should be ENH or NHI. In any another cases gap will be presented. If you want to have nice diff spread, i can only suggest to have 4 different diffs or more.
It's clearly NHI here.

Aleks wrote:

In current map i see Easy, Hard and Insane.
I don't know where you can see an Easy in Softcore. That was exactly my point. An Easy needs time to rest (2/1-gaps, atleast 2/1-sliders) and should not include any 1/2 on this bpm (which this Normal does, although not too much to still be a nice easiest difficulty).

Aleks wrote:

I don't say diffs are bad, i say they are not balanced. Hard is much more close to Insane because of overlaps, 1/4 existance, anijumps, jumps etc. If Hard would be easier then map goes further without any talkings.
-> overlaps: Since when is that a problem in Hard diffs? Most modern Normal and even Easy diffs have weird overlaps noone cares about.
-> 1/4 existence: Only 1/4 sliders though, no tapping. And the sliders are needed for a good spread since Insane includes some more heavy 1/4 tapping.
-> antijumps: Again, since when is that a problem in Hard diffs? It doesn't even make the diff much harder imo, atleast I can't remember ever having a problem with those. I've seen these in Normals recently as well, so yea...
-> jumps: Needed for the spread, since Normal has no jumps and Insane has many jumps, so obviously Hard should have a few jumps atleast

Please don't say I miss the point - I completely understood the disqualification issues, I just simply don't agree with them. Hard is perfectly between Normal and Insane, in terms of density, jumps, etc.
Andrea
I totally see this difficulty spread as NHI like Desperate-kun also mentioned.

How can you see Softcore as Easy difficulty? There are many complex rhythm that Easy difficulties shouldn't have.

Anyways, Desperate once again said everything I wanted to say overall.

Also, I didn't miss the point, I know what do you guys mean, but here we don't have that difficulty gap like you mentioned imo.

I'll stop posting now, don't wanna make the thread longer than it should be.
Topic Starter
Kazuya
Mathematics, if star rating:

Softcore and Hardcore = 1,23
Hardcore and Rave = 1,11

What is problem? Bad difficulty gap? Really?
6,5 day and DQ. It's so interesting.
LoGo

Aleks719 wrote:

LoGo wrote:

Read what "qualified map" means. Read what is called "Ranked map". If you are smart enough, then you'll get where you are wrong.

In current map i see Easy, Hard and Insane. I don't say diffs are bad, i say they are not balanced. Hard is much more close to Insane because of overlaps, 1/4 existance, anijumps, jumps etc. If Hard would be easier then map goes further without any talkings.
Either i have problems with eyes or does that look PERFECTLY BALANCED?
Irreversible
Guys, let's calm down for a second and try to see it from each others side view.

Yeah, normally an Easy contains only (2/1), 1/1 and in rare cases 1/2, so that's what probably happened here, that's the reason why people might think it's an Easy.

On the other hand, let's take a look at the spread as a full mapset:
Softcore: 1/1, some 1/2
Hardcore: 1/2, some 1/4 (sliders), no jumps (or minor ones)
Rave: 1/4, jumps

The spread appears to be fine, although Softcore might be seen as Easy.

Anyways, let's focus on what actually helps the mapset instead of finding out what the easiest diff really is; because opinions will stay different.
Mystyk
I agree with Desperate, Andrea and Irri. The spread IS fine. Even if there was an Easy diff and the Normal was made harder than it already is (and it already contains a lot of 1/2...well not a lot of but totally enough for a Normal) then the gap might be too big between Easy and Normal, the spread is good the way it already is. Meh sorry for not being able to express what I want in a better way but I hope you guys understand X_X
Aleks719

Desperate-kun wrote:

It's clearly NHI here.
it's not clear if others have diffent opinion.

Desperate-kun wrote:

I don't know where you can see an Easy in Softcore. That was exactly my point. An Easy needs time to rest (2/1-gaps, atleast 2/1-sliders) and should not include any 1/2 on this bpm (which this Normal does, although not too much to still be a nice easiest difficulty).
Can't say it's totally Normal as well.

Desperate-kun wrote:

-> overlaps: Since when is that a problem in Hard diffs?
since Normal can be recognized as Easy

Desperate-kun wrote:

Please don't say I miss the point - I completely understood the disqualification issues, I just simply don't agree with them.
Just want to add: Rating is not always precise. Sometimes it doesn't tell well about difficulty.

Let me clear situation. We are here to improve quality. No matter in 10h after qualifying or 6 days.
Now spread looks better? yes
Diffs are more balanced? yes
Quality was improved? yes

then wtf are you talking about?
TicClick
So we broke some streaks of notes in Hard or partially replaced them by sliders. I am still strongly against attempts to compile a set of difficulties like this, because it starts falling apart at some point and they don't really coexist. This one is more or less fortunate and works [not really well, though], but if the gap was bigger, you'd actually have to make a new difficulty to fit existing ones. Rebubbled, I guess?

To these who judge the spread solely by star rating: please, stop doing this. It may be used as a rough estimate of what's going on inside of each difficulty, but you can't use it as a good argument in "No, This Is Perfectly Okay" or "Why Is This Ranked, Then?" types of discussions.

And yes, I was serious all the way along. Boo!
Myxo
Let's try this again :3
Topic Starter
Kazuya
I waiting for DQ...
Nozhomi

Kazuya wrote:

I waiting for DQ...
Not 2 times pls D: also gratz for re-qualified !
Kurokami
Second time disqualification is really rare so it probably won't happen. As for the spread, I kinda agree with Ticklick here, its always better to map a full spread than a questionable NHI. Although this one is at least balanced enough to be a spread.

Anyway, gratz~
Slyk
[ WHO WANT THIS SB PM ME!!! ]