forum

How do you like the maps you made?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Oddly, my favorite maps aren't the ones that get ranked the highest ~.

Going from favorite to least favorite.

King Dedede's Theme:
Personally I like how this turned out. Even though it's a WIP ATM, it does feel like a very fun map because of the hitsounds and consistent motion.

I.M. Crazy:
As my first ranked map, this turned out pretty well. Hitsounds are somewhat good (Although looking over it now, I can see where I could have added some claps), and I just love how the map looks.

Pants on the Ground:
This map started as a crappy untimeable map to a pretty nice insane. Probably some of my favorite abstract hitsounding (aka not always going on 2 and 4, adding "extra music" via hitsounds)

Cirno's Math Class:
Pretty decent map. Not fully hitsounded, but I'm ok with that. This is probably tied with Bop to the Top in how much I like the map~.

Bop to the Top:
This map looks boring to play, and it is, somewhat. There's a lot of blank spots because I mapped to the vocals. It's still a good map, and I love the storyboarding by Larto <3~, but it's far from being my best.

Super Sky High Man:
I liked this map a lot, but then my massive 51 note stream had to be removed. I guess I shouldn't be complaining that, as it would have probably gotten the map approved instead of ranked, but still ;~;.

Fresh Prince:
No.

Ooh Agh Ogh Ugh:
No

So yeah, I think most of my maps turned out pretty well ~. So, how do you like your maps ;~;.
Zekira
Please don't let Larto, James, op111 and DJPop post here or else we're going to have a really long thread lol
Mismagius
Guns 'n' Roses - November Rain - sucks
Jurassic 5 - lalalalalala - sucks
Dream - Wo Ai Ni - sucks, but song is pretty good to map. I think i'll revive it someday
London Symphony Orchestra - Smooth Criminal - planning to revive
Nico Nico Douga - VAVAVAVAVA - SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS
Chinelin - U.N. Owen Was SpongeBob - .
Nico Nico Douga - Ronald's Perfect Math Class - BAT request, #2 bubbled. It's one of my best maps, but it's a little... weird.
Bellini - Samba de Amigo - TAG4 diff, sucks
The Axis of Awesome - 4 Chords - 2 MONTHS WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO TIME THIS
Nico Nico Douga - Nico Nico Douga Monogatari - <333333333
Spiralmouth - Uka Uka Ice Creature Fight - Ranked, but sucks
ParaDoX - Nero 7 - By far my best map
ParaDoX - Alcatraz - Pretty good.
anonymous_old

CDFA wrote:

So, how do you like your maps ;~;.
I like my maps well done.
Jarby
HERE WE GOOOOO This is probably going to be irritating to read.

Florence + The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
Sexy.

Frankmusik - 3 Little Words
Magnum opus! Similar in structure to Colourless Colour, but without those awful mistakes that make me cringe.

La Roux - Cover My Ears
The song was a lot more fun to make than the map, haha. Wish I hadn't copypasted that last "chorus" though. Bah.

La Roux - Colourless Colour
Now that I see that the storyboard isn't timed properly and that the bridge is mapped terribly, I don't like this as much as I used to. I used a lot more symmetry than I normally do and I liked the end result.

Spinsmith - Sweet Religion
Very bland. Nothing is really sticking out and the obvious copy paste flip isn't helping it one bit. I suppose I can blame the song a bit.

Blackout Band - Video Games
Bit dull, but not much else is really wrong with it. That break in Challenged still makes me laugh, I'm terrible.

Galaxy Angel Cast - Galaxy Bang! Bang!
Larto made some great patterns here. This is also my favourite Easy I've made. Despite this, there was just a general lack of effort here, leaving most of Insane and all of Normal for other people to do. Silly me.

Galaxy Angel Cast - Dotabata Angel Loop
Pretty awesome until it reaches the chorus. How sad.

Deadball-P - Wash My Blood
Ah, I actually like this quite a bit. Simple patterns and structure, but it did turn out fun in the end. But those slider, those sliders...I'm sorry, Ephemeral. I really am.

Atko - My Name is Boxxy (Extended)
Cute skin, not much else to say. Solid enough, but there are some things I did that make me want to strangle my past self. Happens to all of us, right?

Ryo - World is Mine
It's a lot of fun for me despite being very different to how I normally hitsound and map in general. I'm glad Larto got involved as well~

Galaxy Angel Cast - Angel Wasshoi
Again, wanting to strangle past self here. Spacing changes and terrible flow aren't good things to combine. I can be proud of simple symmetry and hitsounds though. Go me.

Sweetbox - Real Emotion
whydidimapthislol. Right, it was a test for custom hitsounds. They turned out alright, didn't they? I got into the bad habit of cutting mp3s up here though. One of the first maps to have kiai as well! That's got to be worth something.

Katakiri Rekka - Why, or Why Not
Playing around with storyboarding and hitsounds here. Everything turned out well in the end. Main issue here with me is the slider shapes and spacing/jumps. They don't detract from the map much though. I love that spinner so much.

Gumi - Catch You Catch Me
KAWAII KAWAII. The patterns feel very boxed-in if that makes sense. Not that bad for a second map, right?

GigaScythe - Still Alive Rock Remix
Not as terrible as I want to believe it is except for that one jump ffffff
mm201
Pressing On: It was actually better before nazimodders got to it. >,<; Intense is overmapped and overall there's too much repetition, but it does evoke a good EBA feel despite being my first map from before I'd devised most of my current standards.
Lonely Rolling Star: The spacing is tiny but the slider shapes & flow are <3. Hitsounds meh. I mapped it before clap existed so claps were thrown in hastily.
Black Parade: Epic despite not reaching my current standards. inb4 drainrate
Survivor: First authentic experimentation. It laid much of the groundwork for my current hitsounding methods. Some stuff isn't perfect.
One Night Carnival: Authentic method refinement. One of my favourite levels in Ouendan1.
Lemon Tree: Very happy with the end results here. This is about the hardest kind of map you'll get out of me, showing that difficulty and structure need not mutually exclude.
Pirates who don't do anything: Fun, fast feel, like Lemon Tree, but a bit more hectic. 1/3 NON-OL STREAM! =D
Christmas Nights in Blue: TSO maps: an osu! holiday tradition set by Echo's (in)famous WiW map which I'm glad to be a part of. I'm happy with the quality of this map. It's not so hard but it doesn't have to be.
Auto Tune 9: Fast, fun. Not as much copypaste as my other maps because there's very little repetition in the music.
0_o
Honestly, I really do enjoy all of my maps. Obviously my first maps don't have the same style/quality that the later ones do, but I still appreciate them as part of my mapping history and I still like playing them every once in a while.

The Scrantones - The Office Theme
- Ahh, my first map. The hp drain in Dwight's Challenge is brutal (thanks to me having to raise it so it would have a higher star rating than Hard), but I think it turned out pretty well for a first map.

Hedley - Narcissist
- Small hitcircles + giant jumps + dick spinner moves at the end = low rating :P It has it's flaws, but I actually do like how the map plays. It's just a shame the circles are hard to hit.

Koji Kondo - Clock Town - Meh, this one's just ok. I feel like some of the 1/3 streams in Day 3 kinda overdid it.

Lady Gaga - Just Dance [0_o] - This map (I don't think) resembles any map I ever made at the time, or have made since then. It was my first time utilizing experimental slider speeds/spacing (it was very influenced by Disturbia). It got a lot of mixed feedback - people tended to either love it or hate it. Nonetheless I think this was a big step for me as a mapper. (I enjoy it as well)

Yoshito Hirano, Yuka Tsujiyoko - Petal Meadows - I've kinda always felt like this map was under-appreciated; it's my second lowest rated map and didn't get many plays, but imo that was my best map yet at the time. It was also my earliest map that (sort of) resembles my current style.

Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs - I really did like this at the time, but looking back on it I feel like nsn is just too sloppy. The hitsounds could probably be improved as well. I do like the other difficulties though (well ok, MB knows his diff wasn't the best either, but w/e :P)

Caramell - Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix) lolol. I actually do like this mapset, lesjuh's diff especially is just awesome. But don't worry - this song selection was a one-time thing. Won't happen again. Probably.

David Wise - Jib Jig - I love the DKC2 soundtrack, and I love how this one turned out. My only regret is not making it longer..

Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much - Fun to play, flows really well.

Imogen Heap - Aha! - I'm proud of this one, I feel like the map really captured the essence of the song. It's an odd map but it's one of my best artistically.

Wiklund - Joy of Living - I think this my generally most liked map; Again I think the map really fit the song well. It's also one of my more challenging maps - most of mine are fairly easy. Definitely one of my favourites.

Skillet - Yours to Hold - I always feel all warm inside after playing this :3

Nobuo Uematsu - Fight Against Culex [0_o] - My first time mapping with virtually no distance snap. It's weird, but it fits the song well and I think it's fun.

Marianas Trench - Cross My Heart - Rolled favourited this. Seeing as my regular mapping style is heavily influenced by his, I see this as one of my best accomplishments :)

Skillet - The Older I Get - I like it (I'm running out of comments here :P)

Relient K - I'm Getting Nuttin' For Christmas - For reasons similar to Cross My Heart, this was my attempt at a pseudo-MetalMario map so the fact that he approved of it was very encouraging. This is also my first real copypaste/symmetry map.

Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel - What I've Been Looking For Supercute not-so-masculine collab with Larto. I think our styles went together really well on this one, and the sb is just :3

Family Force 5 - The First Time - Pretty standard 0_o map really. Not really all that special :P

3OH!3 (feat. Katy Perry) - Starstrukk [0_o's Hard] - This map really broadened my mapping horizons - very structured, TONS of symmetry and copypaste, basically the opposite of anything I've mapped until that point (besides IGNFC). Yet I think it turned out really well, and it's probably one of my favourite maps to play.

Wow that took wayyy too long. You probably aren't going to read all of this anyway. Oh well.
Lesjuh
The Opposites - Vandaag

Only map that turned out good after all to me :[

But yeah since all my dutch maps get ignored anyway I guess I'll only map english songs from now on.
Arusha Shuna
Trick and Treat - ever since this got ranked, i realized that maps full linear sliders are ugly

Phantom Ensemble - I do enjoy the crazy spacing~~ but...

Blue Bird - Learning to use sliders more properly this time, it turned out great (probably) and since this got skinning support, i enjoy playing this map the most

Princess Primp! [Shuna's Lover!] - Next time, i'll try to limit my map spacing orz

Ardentryst's Theme [Shuna's Insane] - *yawn* slow BPM is boring, i dunno this can be called insane or not :/
Mashley
I Want It All Kind of weird, but it's enjoyable despite being quite ugly. Not awful, but not good.
You Are A Pirate Went down well. It was easy to map but I do think it could have been done better.
Too Many Knives Bland... I don't really care about it.
The Fragrance of Dark Coffee Cool and relaxing. Larto's diff is overmapped though. :P
Fuck You Very special ;) Storyboard is adorable, too. But I hate the streams I included and I think some of the notes are off-time.
Scrub Scrub Scrub AWFUL I hate it >_< Kill it with fire
Wolves of the Sea Nearly as bad as scrub scrub scrub... but a little better.
Earth Song Awesome up until the speed up, at which point it just becomes ugly and messy, with that one absolutely heinous jump in it. Nice streams at the end. Not sure what I was thinking with the break placement. Overall however, it's just an experimental map.
ATTN 6 What I'd consider my first good map. Full of nice little patterns.
ATTN 2 Also good. Easy is half-assed because I was annoyed that Larto's normal apparently was too hard. Good hitsounds.
In for the Kill Overrated... I've heard people say it's my best map but imo it's just average. Cute storyboard.
Bad Body Double Fun map with cool strobes, fun speed changes and that one 2x slider... hehe.
4 Minutes Very fun to play. Nice 1/4 stacks.
Are You Gonna Be My Girl Wasn't originally my map but LuigiHann asked me to finish it. It's quite good though.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Brilliant! Amazing storyboard thanks to larto and some awesome patterns in the map too.
Gay Bar Ah, the Jarto series. Storyboard is what makes this map, the actual map is just... bleh.
Big Girl Very well made map with sexy jumps and also that Jarto part 2. Great guest diffs, too.
St Mystere Good, sexy curved sliders and weird patterns.
Umbrella Put simply... WEIRD.
Dick In a Box FUCK YEAH! Awesome collab.
September can go die tbh. I don't even have it in osu!
TiK ToK Not bad, but kind of disappointing. I think we were under too much preassure to make it better than the other episodes and the song choice didn't work with the storyboard. In the end, I just wanted to get the series done.
What I've Done Ooh, good. I enjoy playing it. :)
Clint Eastwood A nice fun collab. Mapped weirdly and I know some people dislike the style but it works.
Playing With Fire Pretty good. Not much to say about it, really. Wojjan's diff is messy.
Christmas Tree An awesome christmas map. Dunno why I filled the chorus with streams though.
Cave In One of, if not my best map. Just really good.
Chasing Cars I love it <3 A great emotional beatmap with a really unique element.
I Don't Dance Insane :D I'm quite pleased with the patterns in this map though the ending could be better.
Hello Seattle Oh, this is brilliant. Really good job for everyone who took part in this collab.
The Best of Both Worlds A bit of a joke to tie in with WGCS, to be honest. It's still good though.
Mysterious Ticking Noise Uhh... I'm not sure :P It's funny at least
vytalibus
Spoilerbox'd due to the potential wall of text.
SPOILER
Honey Beat - During this map's ranking, people were saying that I did a pretty good job mapping that song. Now that I look back at it, the map now reminds me of how far I've gone with mapping and how much I've improved with applying techniques and such.
True my Heart - Same as above. This is more on how technical I can be with stuff like video and such, though.
Tip Taps Tip - One of the easiest maps I've ever made (not counting MaxwellDemon's guest diff, of course). My first try at mapping a slow song.
Dan Jo - I had fun when I was mapping this! I played around with stuff like custom hitsounds and even the combo colors were reminiscent of the song's theme.
I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - A decent try at making an Insane difficulty. A bit abusive on streams, however.
Stepping Wind - Oh wow. This must be the most controversial map I've ever made. I remember the weeks I spent trying to convince the BATs that the map was not too long.
Kao Dekai - Another fun song to map. I rushed a bit with the mapping, though.
Flyin' To Your Soul - It was insanely hard when it first came out as a ranked map, but by today, a lot of people can pass the map (Read: 11.7% success rate as I write this).
Night of Commands feat. YuGiOh - Probably one of my, if not the, best map I've made. This is actually a collab map with Larto and supergarlic, but it turned out well. Not a famous map by today, but it caught on to a lot of players.
The Shopkeeper: Under the Sea - I didn't even realize this map got ranked! This was ranked when I got inactive. When I came back here, I just realized it was on the list!
Gotta Go Fast - Tried to do some stuff like an actual storyboard here. It was a good experience making this map.
Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me - Also another fun map.
Kiss in the Dark - Nothing much to say here except "videogame map".
Patty's NIPPONPON - A famous map, methinks. I think it's because it's a song that came from Nico Nico Douga, and featured the second most well-endowed girl in Lucky Star. Don't ask me how I know this.
Little My Star - A short map, but I had fun mapping it. I like the star sliders that I made in this map.
Geki! Teikoku Kageki-dan - Nothing much to say here. It got ranked while I went in hiatus.
Rainy (Struck By The Rain) - First map of 2010. Fun map, though I played it safe here since I just came back from a hiatus.

Special mention would be Futatsu no Mirai made by MarioBros777 with Starrodkirby86 and woodrockman. I kind of jumped in by the late part of the project, but I was just back from my hiatus then. I asked MarioBros777 if we could collaborate on a project and he let me map my own difficulty AND a major part of the collab diff. Technically the only time I actually submitted a guest difficulty for someone else.
K2J
Only ranked ones, I assume:

Egg Fleet: I love this song, I love this map. I think if I had a little more experience, it would've been a lot better-polished, but I think seven months of struggling in a pre-Kudosu time made it good enough. I still think it's one of the better maps I've made, if only because it seems less formulaic to me. Of all the maps of mine I would play if I had the technical specs and ability, it would be the Dark Insane of this map.

Weldar: Though I started Egg Fleet earlier, Weldar was my first ranked map, probably because people recognize Grant Kirkhope a bit. This was one of my favorite songs as a kid when I played Banjo-Tooie, so I was already intimately familiar with the timing and the rhythm. I really like how the song gets more complex in the second "verse" (faster beats, etc.), which I felt made a good rhythm game map.

Meta Knight's Revenge: I seriously, seriously hope nobody likes this map for the beat placement. The music? Sure, it's pretty awesome. The storyboard? I can see why people like it. But it's probably my worst map in terms of being an actual map, which is odd given how it's the most-played map of mine. I suppose the storyboard took a lot of people by surprise for interacting with the player instead of being a background story a la the DS games, but I'm pretty sure the popularity is mostly due to the words "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" appearing in the map's source, LuigiHann's approval notwithstanding.

Grunty Industries: As a continuation for Zerostarry's Grant Kirkhope project, I decided to do the stage itself, and got another chance to make a Weldar map even harder than before. There was some storyboarding that I believe was inspired by TheRagnarok's take on Endless Possibilities, and I forget who gave me the images, but thanks, big help. I think this might be the "tightest" map set I've made, particularly since it's the only map that has a Hard by the star-system's reckoning.

Clanker's Cavern: Third Kirkhope map, probably my last. Kind of an "eh" map, I mostly did it because I thought it was kind of catchy and wanted to help the BK project. Notable for causing a really weird glitch on Cyclone's replay which he fixed by... beating his previous record.

Pirates' Island: A big, involved storyboard that took me several months on-and-off to complete that I don't even know was worth it in the long run, considering how unpopular instrumental Sonic seems to be. It's a good map, albeit not as pretty as Grunty Industries, but I think it turned out well for what it is.
Xgor
Ranked maps/Guest difficulites

SPOILER
X - Tunnel scene:Pretty random spacing and some stupid repeating sliders but it has it charm as it's my first submitted map ;)

Mr.T - xenon:Light is great and Standard is ok, although the sliders are too slow and it is a bit repetitive :/
YYY's diff is just...... what? and Kirby's is also a bit odd but in a good way instead of a bad way. Oh well it got in the Ranking charts and that is pretty cool ;)
I also make a pretty cool skin that appeared in others map after this got ranked with or without my premission...

*coughztrotcough*
t+pazolite - Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate!:I tried to make a hard map because I wasn't very experienced in making harder difficulites.
The easier difficulites are pretty good and some parts in Letal is good but the rest is just, "What?" (Including the song, SB and Skin)

Demetori - Love Coloured Master Spark [Xgor's Spark]:I like how I had some of those patterns from my earlier maps but still being it's own thing. There is a pretty odd jump in it though <.<

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence:Probably the most artistic map I made and this or xenon is usually considered my best map.
Contains my first somewhat big SB and it's add quite a bit and is one of the best Lyrics storyboards I've seen.
I think this map would better if got more modding, but Hard is awesome.
Highest favorite count and one of those that favorited it was Card N'FoRcE and that is pretty cool :)

Spinsmith - Dicks Are For My Friends:It's odd and undoubtedly not my best but it's kinda fun to play mostly for the quirks, Heh :P

TERRA - Catharsis Garden [Xgor's Easy]:Took me a while to get ideas for good patterns but it got pretty good in the end

Genbu - Ganymede [Beginner]:Awesome, I like the feeling in this one and i find it very fun for an 0,5 star map.

KTz - AM-3P:Also Awesome, especially with the skin and storyboard that I think adds allot.

Rika Komatsu - My Sweet Heart (TV Size):Well, I was kinda ashamed of this when I first uploaded this but after allot of modding it have grown on me and I think it's quite good.
Also my highest ranked map although I guess it's mainly because it's anime

Pendling

SPOILER
Kou Otani - Free Bird [Xgor's Relaxing]:Not so special but it's nice and relaxing ^^

ZUN - U.N. Owen was her?:Great stuff, the only reason it's in WIP is my inabillity on making an insane and my doubt on guest difficulites. :(

Haru - Natsukage (Instrumental) [Xgor's Normal]:Pretty good, I guess...

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/52071:I wanted this to be as epic as the song so I put some pretty odd things for an Normal but I like it at-least ^^

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13110:Pretty fun map, I made some pretty odd patterns that I although I doubt that others likes :P

Savlonic - Electro Gypsy:Hard is awesome and the hitsound work on this is pretty cool, the other stuff is not that bad either.

Naoto Ishida - Mute City:Pretty ok but it's kinda hard to judge it until owest has finished his parts..

Shibayan - POISONING:My parts on this is awesomeness :3

Graveyarded

SPOILER
Pixel - Last battle: Sue and Mistery is somewhat good but the other diffs are shit.

NKZ - Patchouli Stages 1 & 2Great stuff! Will ungrave it when somebody maps a good part for me on Hard :<

NM feat. Mr. E. - Love Again:First time I used slowdowns and speedups and i love it :> (Sadly it's graveyarded)

igiulamam - It's From the Show [Xgor's Easy]:Shit!

Also Blue_Dragon

Blue Dragon wrote:

Nico Nico Douga - VAVAVAVAVA - SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS
:<
Not the best map ever but I enjoyed it ^^ (Maybe it's just the song :P )
pieguyn
EastNewSound - Alegro?: Definitely something different. I think I mapped it pretty well and I really like the jumps I put in on Lunatic, plus I like the SB I made for it. I can't seem to FC Hard, though, but I've almost done it. :)

ZUN - Septette for the Dead Princess: I think I mapped it well and I really like the deathstreams on Lunatic (and the hitsounds in all difficulties). Unfortunately I looked at it again and the timing in the first part seemed off, though the timing in the second part seemed correct. I'd have to say this is my second or third favorite map I've made.

IOSYS - Playing with Dolls: I think I mapped this well, and it's got some nice note formations in it.

ZUN - Native Faith: This is definitely my favorite map made by myself. I really like the way I mapped it and I find each difficulty fun to play.

COOL&CREATE - Nekokota Festival: I like this. I just hope it gets ranked soon. :cry:

IOSYS - Tenko's Love Domination from Below! Excla-lala-love-me-tion!: It should be technically correct, but something just seems off about it, which is why I didn't actually finish it. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

ZUN - Wind God Girl (Short Version): This map should also be technically correct but it's very generic and I don't really like it that much.

Silver Forest - (9) Destiny ~ Zutto Cirno no ta-n: My first map, and it definitely wasn't very good. I used the largest grid size and the spacing was just screwed up...

IOSYS - Border of Extacy [Pieguy]: I quite like this difficulty. There's nothing too special about it but I really like the way I mapped it.

nomico - Bad Apple!! [Pieguy]: I really like this difficulty. It's fun to play and it's nice and colorful. :) Too bad the hold slider at the start got replaced with a spinner...

Sekkenya - search&caved [pieguy's Normal]: Pretty good IMO, but nothing too special about it.
Doomsday
Ok then (only doing my ranked maps. Would do my pending ones but I can't be arsed, even though my favourite maps of mine are in pending/WIP)

COOL&CREATE - Help me, ERINNNNNN!! - Personally, im not all that keen on this. It was alright back when it was ranked over a year ago, but now, it doesn't hold up too well. At least peppy and strager liked it.

Foo Fighters - The Pretender - No. Just no. I'll might remap this sometime in the future.

REDALiCE - Taboo Tears You Up - In osu! standard, its pretty mediocre. the layout is boring and ugly, and it doesn't follow the song too well, but actually, its a blast in Taiko, so I just consider this a Taikosu! map (especially since DJPop's version is better than mine in osu! standard).

Haru - Reach For The Moon ~ Immortal Smoke (Instrumental) - Again, rather average. Doesn't follow the song too well really, and there are some really silly jumps in there. The song is fairly repetitive though.

Megadeth - Grabbag - I quite like this. "Damn I'm Good" was the first difficulty I made for it back in May, and I still prefer it to my Haru map, which I did later afaik. The other difficulties were not too bad either, but were a bit lacking.

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice - Like Haru, it doesn't follow the song too well. Its not bad, but It seems too overmapped. strager seems to like it though.

ZUN - Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa ~ Candid Friend - My favourite ranked map of mine so far, and the one closest to my current mapping style thats ranked. Some of the jumps later on in the song seem a bit off, but apart from that, very nice.
Sakura
Well it's not like i have many ranked maps but i will give my input:

Yui Makino - Synchronicity (TV Size): God, this map sux, i admit it, it was my first ranked map and i had very little experience as to what i was doing, so it didnt turn out very well in the end.

IOSYS - Artificial Children: I like how this map turned out, very great improvement from Synchronicity and my first attempt at mapping an Insane, i loved how it all turned out in the end, although i feel like i can do even better for my next map.

Yeah that's pretty much about it
Ekaru
Too lazy to list out every single damn map I made, so I'll just do a few of them for now, the rest can be done later.

Hirari was full of lulz. It's a functional beatmap, however, though a bit sloppy. The original Hard was much funner than the current Hard, but eh. Not anywhere near perfect.

OK! needs to be remapped. I was a newb and had no idea about BPMs. I mapped it at 12x BPM when it's a 25x BPM. Though it's still an OK map as is, I think I could make a fun Insane that isn't retarded at 25x BPM.

Heatman should never have existed. I personally thought it was funny. TBH Insane ain't that bad after the first 10 seconds, but the first 10 seconds are so retarded that most people apparently can't get past it no matter all I did to make it as easy as possible. The fact that I thought lowering the OD was a good idea doesn't help. Oh, and the Normal and Hard suck. This is the only map I 100% regret making.

It Doesn't Matter came out well. The mp3s suck in every way possible though.

The Biggest Dreamer is really really really really really weird. It's sloppy and the music is SHIT quality, but it's still fun.

Believer is one of my favorite ranked maps I've made.

Flaming Ice
came out well IMO, same with Kaze.

I killed Knight of the Wind. Why the fuck I thought it was a good idea to put that slider there I forgot, but now I know it was retarded and literally killed the map.

Zettai All Right sucks, no doubt about it.

FIRE!! came out well, Nharox's awesome difficulty helped!

Target
came out well. Maybe I should've set the OD higher, but I wanted the spinners to be easy so I tested it. Apparently quite a few people like it according to youtube.

Itsumademo Issho ni
was mapped when I was mapping better than I ought to. Is the song good? Nah. Did I nail it? I personally think I did.

Butterfly.
I ruined it. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The English Pokemon themes are functional. I like them a bit.

EVO is only fun to play due to the song, so if you don't like the song you shouldn't even bother.

Go Ahead!, Last Train, and Purgatory are love-or-hate maps. They I like them. Bah.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers is ruined due to the mp3. Same with Gouing! Going! My Soul

Hirari remap?
I fucked that up.

Together is a map I'm mixed about. Came out on the fun side of things. On the other hand, too many right angles I say.

I probably missed some. I don't care.
Azure_Kite
Parallel Hearts was my first ranked beatmap, and as it turned out, it's pretty bad. I could probably remap this, but tastes in music change, and as such, I don't really feel like mapping it again.

Falling Down was my second ranked, and it's better than parallel hearts. Eden of the East rules.

Naraku no Hana was my third ranked, and at present, is the best beatmap I have ranked. I quite like the storyboard in it, even though the diff names are incorrect japanese orz

Strobe Nights Is my first and only approved map, and also a Miku map. I don't mind how this turned out, as I storyboarded some strobes to the hitsounds.

Witch of Occultics is my latest ranked map, ranked in December, orz. I like how this turned out, as well.

Needless to say. if I posted all my Graveyarded yet almost rankable maps, I'd be here all day. Umineko songs left, right and center that I just can't find the motivation to quite finish them.
Lybydose
I hate all my maps
awp
I don't like Midnight Sun and most of my first six or so are just "okay". Love all the ARMCANNON maps, and the non-Ultimate TWEWY maps are fun for me to play.

Oh, except Mash Crayon. That's kind of the ugly duckling of my ARMCANNON maps. Do enjoy the SB on it though.
adam2046
They're all pretty average.
Except for that one guest diff...that was horrible.
All my WiPs are woeful.
anonymous_old

Doomsday93 wrote:

COOL&CREATE - Help me, ERINNNNNN!! - Personally, im not all that keen on this. It was alright back when it was ranked over a year ago, but now, it doesn't hold up too well. At least peppy and strager liked it.
;P

Doomsday93 wrote:

REDALiCE - Taboo Tears You Up - In osu! standard, its pretty mediocre. the layout is boring and ugly, and it doesn't follow the song too well, but actually, its a blast in Taiko, so I just consider this a Taikosu! map (especially since DJPop's version is better than mine in osu! standard).
I find your version way more fun on standard than DJPop's.

And you're missing that Gloves, Hats, whatever thing you guested on. =[
0_o

strager wrote:

^^^

I liked Weapon of Choice too, I just always die on those tight zigzags :U
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

^^^

I liked Weapon of Choice too, I just always die on those tight zigzags :U
Oh right. That too. In DT. =]
Zekira
Tsukasa Syndrom - Minagiru . Lol at how sucky the mapping is compared to now, but... haha. I only mapped it because of Ammy :D

Ayaka Hirahara - Reset . I wanted to make it Ouendan-styled as much as possible, but ended up screwing the spacing on Insane...

Taiko no Tatsujin - Kumo Made Todoke . The birth of Oibon Jumps! Catchy song made me wanna map it, and this was the start of when I took mapping seriously.

O-zone - Dragostea Din Tei (Taiko Cut) . Err, I have no idea why I mapped this, actually.

Shigeki Hayashi - Yggdra Union ~We'll Never Fight Alone~ Opening . I still have no idea what the actual name of the song is, but since there's no data in it this will suffice. OK I admit, I did this all for the OP vid. And I started playing the game all because my classmate told me how much loli is involved. I was reluctant at first, seeing as how I was a full Taiko and Okami dedicate for the time when I was introduced this... but eventually I got bored and tried out Yggdra Union. You can say I fell in love with the art style, and most importantly, Emilia. The map had... annoying flaws, here and there when I look at it now. I tried hard to make curved sliders here though, which was the start of me learning how to actually map non-linear... haha.

Taiko no Tatsujin - Haya Saitama2000 . KARNIBARU DA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! DON DON DON DON DON KA KATSU DON DON DON DON DON DON KA KATSU! Saitama2000 is my favorite Namco Original song. When I heard they remixed it, I just HAD to make it... and now it turns out to be one of the hardest ranked maps that exist.

neuras - on the bounce . You can say I had an LSS with the tune when I played this on DDRX. Actually, what inspired me to map this is the fact that the notechart for Challenge actually sounds like it was made for Taiko or something. The moment I passed Challenge on the Dance Pad (with a C... lol), I just HAD to beatmap it... with some Taiko of course! I liked how I mapped this, being a rushed map and all. I just wish people would stop rating stuff because of the song choice :/ This is one of the beatmaps where in you DON'T actually take the song into account! >_>

Taiko no Tatsujin - Bouken Hiyori . BROUKEN HIYORI YAAAAAAA. The OP song that took me too long to FC on the TaTaCon. I did this purely to bring Christmas to the Taiko community, but in the end I gathered the techniques I used in mapping Kumo Made Todoke and used them here as well, with additional curved sliders and patterns and what not. Subtitles were crap since I didn't know how to Outline Objects back then hahaha. Fear the Oibon Jumps!

IOSYS - Alice wa Taihen na Kashi Wo Urooboe Deshita . I am totally not a DJPop fan, I swear

ZUN - Deaf to all but the Song . Song got stuck in my head after trying to perfect Stage 2 on TH8, since I keep fucking up the last spell. Eventually I got enticed by this song and its awesome piano arrangement and... yeah, there. ddkkddkkddkkd though, lol. Yes I never really was a fan of Mystia Lorelei. Just the song, really. "i always thought this song was kinda underrated" ~some random comment

IOSYS feat. Hatsune Miku - Cirno's Advanced Math Class . Saw the vid, cried, and had to share with other people. And that was through beatmapping, obviously. Halfway through mapping the song I felt demotivated to suddenly continue it so the last part was kinda like... a copy-paste of the first part D:

ZUN - Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played with People's Shapes . Wait, this isn't mine...

YMCK - Family Dondon . KARNIBARU DA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! Wait, that's not it? Well anyway, I never really liked YMCK, until I heard some of their other songs and totally fell in love with it. And when this song was introduced in Taiko Wii 2, I was interested to look. AND THEY ADDED THE SAITAMA PART WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW so I decided to map it. I took the Saitama part directly from Haya's map, and some.

KEDAMA - Hajimari no Sakamichi . I found the video fun, and the song was... kinda catchy actually, IMO. I was desperately looking for the artist and title of this song, and that led me to watching this vid TOO MANY TIMES. That then suddenly sparked up the idea of me SBing it, and although it's not space friendly, I must say I'm satisfied with having pushed myself to actually do this. And unlike Reset, I didn't fuck up the Insane this time, looool.
ouranhshc
i feel good about my maps. I feel better now that switch has been remapped and ranked (yay). Im not that happy with chocolate love, Koko Soko, and Heatstoke(I myself thought Heatstroke was pretty good). I can't wait to finish mapping The Guardian's Song
Larto
NB Opening 1 - NB Opening 2 (with the exception of Disturbia, Vulnerability and Final Battle):
humbug

Disturbia, Vulnerability and Final Battle:
Pretty okay. Hitsounds are gay at times, but patterns and sound patterns are full of love. Great flow.

NB Opening 2 - I Think I'll Eat It Now:
Nice sound patterns and hitsounds, but very very horrible visual patterns.

Fever - Cover My Eyes:
Awesome patterns, awesome symmetry (even though forced at times), awesome sound patterns, "okay" flow, pretty okay hitsounds.

Half Life and Fairly OddParents:
Okay I guess? They're not awesome but not bad. A tad overmapped. Half Life is cooler than Fairly OddParents.

Leave it all to me - today:
Sex in every way possible (if you're not seibei).

My Guest Hards/Insanes:
See above.

My Guest Normals/Easys:
Okay I guess.

My pending maps:
Sex in every way possible.

My graved maps:
Horribad.

Closing In:
?
Shinxyn
atm, proudest of "Yunagi Rinne" and "Last Remote"

and ashamed of Chaosmaid's Chaos (OD is too low ;-;), Love Coloured Master Spark's Lunatic (lol stream), Deep Forest's Insane (overmapped...), and Magnet's Hard (ehh, what was I mapping to?! D:)

don't even wanna look at my graveyard....
Gens
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony sucks
Taqumi - Crystal Lattice still sucks
Verix - Drop the Dodongo sucks more
Newton - Streamline goddamn it sucks
Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Loop & Loop is authentic
Jonathan Coulton - Mr. Fancy Pants sucks even more
Mutsuhiko Izumi - Jet World Extreme is <3 even though some patterns are ugly
Coldplay - The Scientist was getting the hang of mapping more, but I think it could be done better
ZZ - Samurai Blue is authentic
Ashens - Silly Monkey was getting the hang of good mapping but some sliders and or hitsounds don't fit, I'd remake it if I could
Kigurumi - Kurutto Mawatte Ikkaiten has good hitsounds imo <3
Atsuki Watanabe - Dry Martini Hmhm actual gens style because it's a remap
Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda - Battle! Yuxie, Emurit, & Agnome is when I started to use +1 circle size, and it's <3
Kelly - Shoes has a slider repeat missing fffffffffffffffff
Yoshio Nomura - Lunchtime Blues is nice and relaxing, though I think I misused the hitsounds on some parts
Kazumi Totaka - Star Maze had some semi-forced patterns that aren't fun but still worth it
Y. Kaneoka, A. Nakatuka, K. Yamamoto - Training ~ Credits is good for a short map
Laugh and Peace - Universal Dance is one of my favorite maps <3
Bronco (El Gigante de America) - Chocheman it turned out good though I feel iffy for some parts
Nobuo Uematsu - Fight Against Culex another map I like <3 also faceman's diff is <3
Manguusu - Andy's Theme Redux hitsounds are good but I don't know about the patterns... and I used low OD orz
Susumu Hirasawa - Big Brother KIRBY DIFF and I kinda went nuts with my insane
3oh!3 - Chokechain's jumps are kinda big but still fun
zonlu - OverDrive Computer has nothing special about it
Beck - E-Pro was nazi'ed to death so it's perfect~ got kinda repetitive at some point

:B
Mogsy
Only going for ranked maps, not including guest difficulties. My best maps haven't been (and most likely never will be) uploaded.

SPOILER
  1. OSTER Project - Frozen Rain: My first beatmap. I really liked how it turned out back then, but if I were to go back to it now, I'd add a somewhat harder difficulty and make the sliders neat.
  2. Reel Big Fish - Ban The Tube Top: Fun, but there's quite a few things I would fix about this map.
  3. Shoji Meguro - Mass Destruction: It would've benefitted from a larger hitcircle size. I was just being a douche on this map, and it shows.
  4. Rasputina - Gingerbread Coffin: Unrankable sliders? Gross. Hastily thrown together map in time for a holiday? Gross. Unique? Yes. Fun? I certainly liked playing it, but I guess general consensus would say otherwise.
  5. Banzai - Zodiac: A few small flaws prevent me from ranking it up there with my best works, but it's up there. I had such fun mapping this and I had fun playing it. The end product was decent.
  6. Lotus Juice & Yumi Kawamura - P3FES: Douchemapping. I hate this map.
  7. Rasputina - Endomorph: One of my best ranked maps in my eyes. It's easy, yes. Is it fun? I certainly think so. Some would argue that the sliders are ugly as fuck, but I spent weeks altering them almost exactly to the vocalist's pitch changes. It's one of my more expressive maps, even out of some of my WIPs, and I love it to death. It's overmapped in the chorus at parts, yes, and that's my only complaint about it. A small gripe for some would be that it's too 'exact', but it flows well enough to the point that it feels natural.
  8. Rasputina - The Olde HeadBoard: I hate how this one turned out. I hate myself for mapping this so poorly. I loved mapping it originally, but it eventually all fell apart when I started to second-guess my mapping decisions. This map is definitely not as bad as, say, Gingerbread Coffin or Super Driver, but this is down there.
  9. SMILE.dk - Butterfly: I hate myself for making this fun. I utterly despise the song but mapped it decently.
  10. Hirano Aya - Super Driver (TV Size): I'm going to sound like a hypocrite compared to back in the day, but this is hands-down my worst map. I speed-mapped it so other people wouldn't map it before me. It was a selfish attempt to get onto the most-played list with a popular anime OP. It worked for a bit until people realized that the map's quality was like that of the second Haruhi season: terrible. Overmapped, terrible hitsound choices in some spots, copy-pasta'd because I was lazy, and some awful flow decisions. Go right a-fucking-head, mock me for being a hypocrite, but I learned from this monstrosity.
  11. Imogen Heap - Just for Now: Tied for my favourite map that I've gotten ranked. My most expressive map that's a bit too exact in one location. Otherwise, I'd call this a fun/successful mapping experiment for me, attempting to get the vocal expressions to match up to the slider velocity. The dynamics were also fun to implement and took more time than the actual mapping process, sadly. However, it all paid off, and this is a very satisfying map in my eyes.
  12. Emilie Autumn - I Know Where You Sleep: I say that this is tied for my favourite map that I've gotten ranked/approved. Not because of the difficulty. I never went into mapping this with 'let's make the player go crazy' (although that's what I thought would happen, so I put that in the description), I went into this wanting to make a fun map. It turned out that it was awfully exact in some areas, but it managed to stay fun, even for me, the loser playing it on NoFail. I am PROUD of this map.
Mystearica

Lybydose wrote:

I hate all my maps
anonymous_old

Mogsy wrote:

blah blah blah Emilie Autumn - I Know Where You Sleep
<3
Soaprman
Ranked

Battle! Gym Leader My first and only ranked map. Some parts come off as "my first ranked map"ish to me but overall I think I did a pretty good job with this set (as did Zatoichi with Bidoof Only). Would have liked to have found a better background image but eh, whatever. (also lol at what the playfield being moved up has done to Bidoof Only)

Graveyarded

Sburban Jungle I need to finish this. The diffs I have are pretty cool and the song rules.

Mario hammering a sign for 5 minutes fucking rad as hell

Final Destination didn't even know how to use the editor then, lol
RandomJibberish
Ranked Map
Sawa - Hybrid - I really hate it :/

Unranked Maps
Tomohito Nishiura - The Great Don Paolo - Pretty streamy and ugly, but I think it fits the music.
The Killers - For Reasons Unknown - I'm fairly pleased with this, I like the beat placement and timings, but it's not as good as It could be.
Gorillaz - Dirty Harry - I'm really happy with this. ASH's part is awesome :P

All of my many unsubmitted maps are way better though :/
Xgor
Oh maan.. this thread... Well I wanted to make something like that so I think I'll necrobump this instead of making a new thread.
I really liked to read everybody elses opinion on their own map so I'll hope others post too

Also I underlined the Xgor maps that I think is worth playing and colored my favorites blue and a * means it's charted

My maps
Yusuke Takahama - X - Tunnel Scene - Eh. I think It's good for my first map but considering the song it could be waaaay more intresting, intense and fun. It feels odd that I use short repeat sliders so much when I deiced to not use that since 2010.

Mr.T - xenon* - This is kinda weird because it feels like it's not my map.. My difficulites is not bad (Although the SV is too low) but it really dosn't feel like my map because of the higher difficulties isn't mine especially with the charts...

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence - Oh maaan... The jump in quality here is amazing especally considering it was my first hard and song with lyrics. Hard really is much better than most of my other maps with the jumps, hitounds and SB. While Normal is meh and Easy is just ok. Hard is still worth playing today. I'm really proud that CNF faved this. I always go :D when a skilled mapper fave one of my maps.

Spinsmith - Dicks Are For My Friends - OH DEAR! Horrible hitsounds, terrible flow, rythm and patterns.... Such an step down in quality compared to Enjoy The Silence. I also dislike it because with pretty much every other map I felt like I learned nothing.... All this map did was making my map quality worse...

t+pazolite - Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! - I know you'll all expect me to rant on it like Dicks but..... The easier difficulties are actually not that bad... BUT DEAR GOD LETHAL AND XTREME SUCKS! Still.. it did had my first SB.

KTz - AM-3P - While the map is ok I FREAKING LOVE the SB and skin. tbh this is my favorite SB I've ever done just because the awesome feeling you get with that SB and skin.

Rika Komatsu - My Sweet Heart (TV Size) - I made this to try get top 5 most played for once (It didn't though).... It ended up with me relearning good mapping good hitsounding and lyric mapping that works well. Generic map, but was quite important to how my maps is today.

Raymond Gramke - Metallic Menace - Well... in most of my 2010 maps I tried just to be popular.... Except for oddly enough my 10th uploaded map. This one was purly mapped to fit my odd tastes of stacked slider ends and segments sliders :D I still really like how it flows although I got a feeling it only flows well on a mouse.

Electro Gypsy - Oh man. This one is really one of those maps that have a style that stands out and doesn't exist in another Xgor map (It's really the style I want).. and it really works this one. The Hard is really fun and looks much better than my maps around that time... Buut the 1/4s in the third chorus really bring the quality down and the other difficulites are eh and encypto's insane feels unnecessary to the mapset as the Hard works well as the hardest difficulty.

Renard - You Goddamn Fish - Awesome SB... That's all.. The difficulites are kinda meh. Still it was my first ENHI set (Like that means anything)

ZUN - U.N. Owen Was Her? - This one has more plays than any other of my maps combined.... Still that was expected from that song :P I consider this Insane one of my best (Only JALB is better imo) but it does has overmapping issues.. Still not terrible, just could be better. Was my first map that got charted w/o guest difficulties :D

Pixel - Moonsong - The SB is great and the mapset is quite solid too (Although some rythms in Hard is weird)

Aki Yamani & NKZ - Patchouli Stages 1 & 2 - A weird one... It's quite good... if you count is as an late 2009 early 2010 map instead of an late 2010 map. The collab idea is neat but it feels weird when my parts really is meh compared to the collaber (Maybe except for in Normal). Still, it does have an neat SB.

Raubtier - Achtung Panzer - Heck yes. First Swedish map. I considering this to be the one that made me turn more into the mapping style I use today.. The map isn't bad either. It was an interesting slider experiment when I made all my sliders as an Hexagon and mapped it kinda EBAish. Quite enjoyable.

SoulEye - Pressure Cooker - Oh dear... Well if you ever talked with me about this map you'll know I despite it... Playing it again... it's far from a awful map. It's mainly because of that I really think the higher difficulties (especially Insane) looks and/or flows terrible at some parts (Especially towards the end of it) due to I pretty much gave up on it in the end of it. I really just hated it because it really stole the spotlight from my much better maps.

Christian Walz - Like Suicide - <3 The hitsounds, the rythm the jumps the flow. It's just plain awesome here. This was really the main reason I hate Pressure Cooker so much... Because nobody seems to remember this but everybody remembers and plays Pressure Cooker.

Kent - Gamla Ullevi - This one was my first try on really try out slider speeds and it shows. There is some really cool patterns and slider speed usage but the constant breaks and pretty bland patterns sometimes makes it less interesting. This was also the second time I tried to make a map just for myself and while I still like it I think it's not that good compared to Like Suicide.

Salem Al Fakir - Split My Personality (Bassflow Remix)* - While Pressure Cooker was the first one where I got a huge reactions from people that liked it. Split My Personality was the one that chocked me over the popularity and the charting due to the obscurity of the song, that there was no Insane and because it was made and ranked just for the sake of having another ranked beatmap (Yes really... I kinda got a OCD to get ateast one map ranked each month during 2010 and while I didn't get as many ranked I wanted more stuff ranked ranked) The reason the ranking took so long time was due to that I worked on osu!s but that did help me make better hitsounds. The hard starts out awesome but it feels like the quality is draining for every second and I don't know why.

Love Generation - Just a Little Bit - As my Melodifestivalen 2011 map went so well I decided to make one this year. I planned on making several but this one took over. The map started just to learn myself to map 1/3 but ended up with me trying out as many over the top jumps (Altest with my style so far) as possible to see what worked with others. It turned out that people liked it and it ended up with an really fun jumpy 1/3 map.
Mara

Xgor wrote:

t+pazolite - Luv-Lab-Poison 22ate! - I know you'll all expect me to rant on it like Dicks but..... The easier difficulties are actually not that bad... BUT DEAR GOD LETHAL AND XTREME SUCKS! Still.. it did had my first SB.
I say, Xtreme doesn't suck, but Lethal is quite confusing map.