forum

For those who want to improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Danshi_old_1
Hey guys!
So I know im not the best BUT I have a few tips to get you better :)
Im writing this at 39k world placement.

I have had quite a hard time teaching myself to be comfortable with speed and accuracy..
I use a tablet but I am a ex mouse user :} (Just because there are good people that uses tablets does NOT mean you should! there are TONS of good mouse players)

My first tip is: Higher sensitivity is NOT always better! You may think less hand movement is more efficient to move around but its NOT! (From my experience) I used to use a small tablet area on my tablet and yes its fast and less movement but in my opinion its less accurate and causes alot of hand fatigue and pain.
I still dont use full tablet area because im so used to a smaller box but im slowly making my area bigger and bigger to get used to more movement (You should try this if you find large areas hard) I have noticed im more accurate and defiantly am getting less hand pain! (its just a good skill to acquire anyway)

My second tip is: You shouldnt always let video play on your beatmap.. Playing while a video is playing can cause you not to concentrate as much but remember that if you try to concentrate too hardly it can cause you to stress out and do yourself more harm than good.. so try taking breaks every now and then.

My third tip is: Cracking fingers :) Now your probably gonna laugh at this but from personal experience when I crack my fingers (Pull them until they well... pop) I realize that my fingers loosen up a bit more and i can play better (My fingers feel "Tight" after playing a bit, cracking loosens them up)
Note: These are just all my personal tips that you might not even improve off.

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD I recommend using cherry mx red switches OR Cherry mx blues (They both are somewhat different but VERY popular for gaming) (I have a CM Quick Fire XT with Cherry mx reds along with my tablet which is a wacom intuos

My fifth tip is: Dont use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!

My sixth and final tip is: HAVE FUN! This is a great game and doesnt have to always be a competitive one.. Go off and enjoy playing with your friends or just listen to some amazing music that the community has to offer :D

I hope these somewhat open your mind a little bit! Ill try to keep this updated ;) <3
Also remember that you dont just get good overnight! these games take time :D
Also if anyone wants to play with me, im only a message away! even if you just started and your the worst player <33
Vuelo Eluko
changed my life
thank you
Yuudachi-kun
How big is your tablet area?
-sev
Oh honey.
Cerulean Veyron
The fourth tip.... mm.... I do have a mechanical keyboard, but it turned out the keyboard is making fun of me.
Mofu kun
I don't use mechanical keyboard and I'm doing just fine
Shey

Danshi wrote:

My third tip is: Cracking fingers :)
This is unhealthy especially if you do it everyday, i wouldn't recommend that.
gregest
Who said it's unhealty?Dude,I have hypermobility sydrome...

but CookieNia is using rubberdome and he can stream 300 bpm and rubberdome is good for bulding stamina so rubberdome master race
Yuudachi-kun

Shyhna wrote:

Danshi wrote:

My third tip is: Cracking fingers :)
This is unhealthy especially if you do it everyday, i wouldn't recommend that.
I'm not convinced.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

I'm not convinced.
well, it can have negative effects, if you do it habitually, literally dozens of times per day out of habit, for like decades, you will begin to lose grip strength. Wouldn't be an issue if you just did it for osu.
Gumpy
Good job play more
Ekoro

Danshi wrote:

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

My fifth tip is: Dont use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!
wow ok, i stopped reading after this

I'm always the first one to complain about setup since i have some random mouse and laptop and i still play at high level. "lol use a mechanical kb or you'll suck xdxd", really no. They might slightly help but that's all. Anyone can play well, no matter what setup they have (except some crappy 15-y mouse which is nearly dead, for example).
Demmon
how to pro

use tablet
use mecha
don't use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!
IppE

Demmon wrote:

use mecha
B1rd

Ekoro wrote:

Danshi wrote:

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

wow ok, i stopped reading after this

I'm always the first one to complain about setup since i have some random mouse and laptop and i still play at high level. "lol use a mechanical kb or you'll suck xdxd", really no. They might slightly help but that's all. Anyone can play well, no matter what setup they have (except some crappy 15-y mouse which is nearly dead, for example).
he never said you'll suck if you don't use a mech keyboard. he said to get a mech keyboard as a piece of advice, since it's pretty evident that they are better and will help you improve even it it's only slightly.
sasakura
if you want to improve you'll have to play, everyone with standard hands + standard eyes can reach high
Lust
I would expect someone who is to be giving advice one who has garnered a considerable amount of playtime and experience - not exactly convinced of the expertise the OP seems to imply with this post. Some of the tips might be well-founded in solid knowledge, however most of it is information that can already be considered "common knowledge".

Thanks for dedicating your time to help others who are looking to improve though, just make sure you aren't touting your own playstyle over that of others - everything does not necessarily work for everybody.

Oh, next time you might want to check out 13 when looking to discuss things related to gameplay, as that place is more suited for this kind of topic o/
Sakura
Moved to the appropriate forum.
B1rd

Lust wrote:

I would expect someone who is to be giving advice one who has garnered a considerable amount of playtime and experience - not exactly convinced of the expertise the OP seems to imply with this post.
*cough*
-sev

B1rd wrote:

*cough*
Had you not linked this sticky I wouldn't even notice it's existence. Shows how much G&R is being moderated, huh.
show more