forum

Lock mouse to normal playing field while in Widescreen [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Pichu0102
How about an option to lock the mouse into the same border that you would get in a fullscreen resolution while in widescreen, as opposed to letting the mouse wander into areas that will have no beats and will make spinners harder for those used to the borders?

An example of the issue is in the image.

Kitsunemimi
I don't think I would get used to it again. Which means I personally prefer the border area. No support.
ShaggoN
Lock mouse. Then press F8 and try to open chan tab (first on the left). You can't. Sorry but no support.
anonymous_old

ShaggoN wrote:

Lock mouse. Then press F8 and try to open chan tab (first on the left). You can't. Sorry but no support.
During gameplay?
Arusha Shuna
ehh, i already content with the current widescreen gameplay so it'll be a problem if it locked since i spin small.
and i often click the chat toggle during breaks which is on the very corner of the right-side (too lazy too press F8 :/)

nope, no support, sorry
anonymous_old

Arusha Shuna wrote:

and i often click the chat toggle during breaks which is on the very corner of the right-side (too lazy too press F8 :/)

nope, no support, sorry
During gameplay?
Ekaru
Hey, has it ever occurred to you guys that if you thought for even 10 seconds about when you would need to press the Chat tab that there would be a super simple solution to this? Sorry, but your complaints are stupid and poorly thought out. Why?

If you have the screen lock disabled when there's no hit object to hit, ex. during breaks and before the map starts and after it ends, then you'll be able to get to the chat tab when you would need it and there would be no issue. (If you spin small you wouldn't even be affected so I'm not going to even consider that a valid complaint.) The lock would re-initiate as soon as you reenter the playing field while there are hit objects to hit.

If it was done that way then your complaints would be null and void, and there's a really good reason to do this.

Consistency is the main reason. Right now, widescreen users and normal players have different playing field areas. Shouldn't they have the same area? Wouldn't that make sense? Giving them different areas to play is inconsistent, weird, and frankly is more generous to 4:3 users. They have more room to slip up during the sides since they won't go out of the play area while widescreen users can go out of it into an area where it is useless to be in during gameplay.

I support consistency and playability over the ability to click chat tabs while trying to hit hit objects, since if it was implemented in the way I described above there wouldn't be a problem trying to hit it during breaks.
anonymous_old
^ Basically what I meant by my "During gameplay?" comments.
Arusha Shuna

strager wrote:

Arusha Shuna wrote:

nope, no support, sorry
During gameplay?
uhh, during breaks
LuigiHann

Arusha Shuna wrote:

strager wrote:

During gameplay?
uhh, during breaks
During breaks it wouldn't be locked. It would be the same behavior as windowed mode.