forum

osu!Mania - 9K MAPPING Competition!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crono
This page is a work in progress. Please leave some feedback

Things needed...

Judges (0/5) Will be given a month supporter for their efforts.
Starting date TBA until some judges have been decided. (pm me to apply)

Welcome to the first 9k mapping comp. Before I get into detail I will first make a few points.

1. This is not a speedmapping competition. However this will be through a three month period. ANYONE is allowed to participate, even if you don't 9k.

2. Some effort needs to be put into these maps but please note this is but a phase to promote 9k towards becoming an official game mode.

3. Have fun mapping. If you can't enjoy it, don't bother. Cause 9k is currently unrankable.

Mapping 9k
Before you can begin mapping 9k there are some things to note.

1 -- decide on your OD and HP etc before you start. Instructions on changing to mapping 9k will be further down.
Make sure you input your metadata correctly the first time as changing it will cause the map to change map to 8k if you change it later.

2 -- Begin your diff and save it. Don't worry about choosing 9k that is the next step

3 -- change allowed game mode to osumania

4 -- Open .osu in notepad via the file tab and change circle size to 9. Save it

5 -- Exit your map and then go into it again. You now have 9 lanes to map with. If you go into song setup it will change to 8k again. This is fixed by changing circle size again. The notes placed in the middle lane will still be there so don't stress.

6 -- Place your notes. Be sure to check out the Examples.

Examples
Pop'n

My 9k forum
You cannot use the songs in the above forum link. different song versions are fine

Also Cutting edge osu has a 9k mod so that can give you a plethora of autocoverts to get ideas from.

Rules
1. Make sure it is playable for normal players. Have at least 1 map that most people can do

No mods or guest diffs allowed. This is a comp and it will not be ranked.

REQUIRED spread for the mapset - eg. EZ NM HD?, EZ NM HD MX? etc.
The competition will begin during April

During the comp do not upload your map to osu.ppy.sh. PM directly to me and the judges (To be named) can judge them unbiased.
If your name is in the map I will remove it for unbiased judging purposes.

Hitsounds are not required but can enhance your map.

There will be three songs to map from different genres. One song each month.
Points will be given to players over the three month period, each map being scored out 10 by each judge. The highest score total wins

I am looking for songs for the competition so anyone is welcome to give suggestions.
The genres are TV Size, Electronic, and video game (any game song, Konami songs, o2jam etc)

Prizes~~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

1-2 will get 3 months supporter status.

3-4 will get 2 months supporter status.

5 will get 1 month supporter status.

This will be funded from my own pocket because I love osu, so it's fine. 8-) :oops: 8-)
Starry-
I'm surprised I didn't notice this sooner - perhaps you can edit the title to something more visible? :P (osu!Mania - 9K MAPPING Competition!) etc.~

Does seem nice! But we'd need some more clarification, such as:
  1. Required spread for the mapset - eg. EZ NM HD?, EZ NM HD MX? etc.
  2. An idea of when it'll take part
  3. How to sign up
  4. I don't suggest allowing people to upload their map - I believe it should be more of an anonymous sending in, much like the other official mania mapping tournaments. This prevents judge bias and people copying ideas. This also means you do not allow people to mod the map.
  5. Preferably use the same song and allow mappers to map that, but as a 9K version. Different songs can have totally different styles of maps and it'll be up to the judges to decide which map they prefer depending on the song - not particularly the mapping skill itself.
Would seem interesting if this was given further discussion. :) I know it's WIP.
Topic Starter
Crono

Starry- wrote:

I'm surprised I didn't notice this sooner - perhaps you can edit the title to something more visible? :P (osu!Mania - 9K MAPPING Competition!) etc.~

Does seem nice! But we'd need some more clarification, such as:
  1. Required spread for the mapset - eg. EZ NM HD?, EZ NM HD MX? etc.
  2. An idea of when it'll take part
  3. How to sign up
  4. I don't suggest allowing people to upload their map - I believe it should be more of an anonymous sending in, much like the other official mania mapping tournaments. This prevents judge bias and people copying ideas. This also means you do not allow people to mod the map.
  5. Preferably use the same song and allow mappers to map that, but as a 9K version. Different songs can have totally different styles of maps and it'll be up to the judges to decide which map they prefer depending on the song - not particularly the mapping skill itself.
Would seem interesting if this was given further discussion. :) I know it's WIP.
Thanks, The OP and title has been updated as per your suggestion :)
Be glad to discuss this further xD message in-game chat
troke
9K :|
but i have 10K maps
its convert from PIU