forum

Editing ranked beatmaps without losing ranked status

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkilledSchnipa
Hi,
Are there things you can change on a ranked beatmap without it losing ranked status?
Like changing the picture or adding tags?
winber1
why does this even matter

any way you change a map without changing its ranked status will have absolutely no effect on the playability of the map itself. And yes you can change the picture but not the tags
-GN
you can change or delete the background picture, add a storyboard(and maybe a video as well? not sure), but pretty much everything in the .osu files themselves apart from editor-specific info(snap divisor, timeline zoom, etc.) can not be changed on your side only without needing to update it to the online version.

edit: ninja

winber1 wrote:

any way you change a map without changing its ranked status will have absolutely no effect on the playability of the map itself
take note of the "custom storyboard" part. it can definitely be abused, but i'm not sure if anyone actually does it
winber1
what could you possibly storyboard that would make the map easier
-GN

winber1 wrote:

you're not very creative.

approach circles for ar11, long lasting hitcircles for HD(any AR), any other elements that would change the way you read a map to remove some of the difficulty for it.
Topic Starter
SkilledSchnipa

winber1 wrote:

why does this even matter

any way you change a map without changing its ranked status will have absolutely no effect on the playability of the map itself. And yes you can change the picture but not the tags
It matters because im mad when Gigantic O.T.N doesn't show up when i search for 'otn' lol.
Saphirshroom

SkilledSchnipa wrote:

It matters because im mad when Gigantic O.T.N doesn't show up when i search for 'otn' lol.
You can try searching for 'giga' instead. Or 'star stream'. I do that a lot to find maps at which I absolutely fking suck.
CXu
Hold down s for a while.
cheezstik

-GN wrote:

winber1 wrote:

approach circles for ar11, long lasting hitcircles for HD(any AR), any other elements that would change the way you read a map to remove some of the difficulty for it.
emperorpenguin secret strat confirmed.
Saphirshroom

CXu wrote:

Hold down s for a while.
How does this even... What. on. earth.
DahplA
You can change some stuff in the folder of the song. Deleting hitsounds/backgrounds/videos would probably be the main uses.
buny
o. should find o.t.n pretty easily

just group your shit op
Bauxe

Saphirshroom wrote:

CXu wrote:

Hold down s for a while.
How does this even... What. on. earth.
Purple
Modifying the storyboard to aid you in flashlight or AR11 is cheating according to Peppy even if nothing prevents you from doing so
- Marco -
you can create a new difficulty and keep the objects
Soulg

-GN wrote:

winber1 wrote:

arrows pointing you to the next note for FL
winber1

Soulg wrote:

arrows pointing you to the next note for FL
that won't do anything considering you can't see anything anyway. followpoints basically do just that anyway, except for a few circumststances. and if you're gonna cheat with fl there are obviously easier alternatives lol