forum

[duplicate] Replay when Idle for too long?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DeeNinjaa
You know how in some games, after you wait for a long time at the title screen, it'll start playing a demo or a replay of like the first level or so for a good minute then, returns to the title screen? Yeah, that.

I think it'd be a neat touch if, after being Idle for a while, a replay of the song currently playing from etiher you or the #1 person on that song(Not sure which to choose..could be just random cycling between the two.) would start.

So when you come back you're just like "Oh, so that's what I did wrong.", or, "Ahahaha! I remember that!", or maybe "Wow, that guy's really good.". It'd allow you to pick up your mistakes and other people's playstyles without needing to click anything, hence, [/laziness].

So, whaddaya think?

*expects to be shot down*

deadbeat edit: t/123248
Mismagius

DeeNinjaa wrote:

You know how in some games, after you wait for a long time at the title screen, it'll start playing a demo or a replay of like the first level or so for a good minute then, returns to the title screen? Yeah, that.

I think it'd be a neat touch if, after being Idle for a while, a replay of the song currently playing from etiher you or the #1 person on that song(Not sure which to choose..could be just random cycling between the two.) would start.

So when you come back you're just like "Oh, so that's what I did wrong.", or, "Ahahaha! I remember that!", or maybe "Wow, that guy's really good.". It'd allow you to pick up your mistakes and other people's playstyles without needing to click anything, hence, [/laziness].

So, whaddaya think?

*expects to be shot down*
Automode would be cool.
RemmyX25
I've been thinking about something like this for a while now. It would fade into |Auto| play in the middle of the song, with "Demo mode, click anywhere to start!" flashing somewhere and the osu! logo pulsing in the corner.

Just my two cents
Starrodkirby86
Sounds like an awesome idea for osu!arcade, mmh?
0_o
I think this would be cool. It would be nice if we could choose between Local, Online or Auto replays as well.
Ekaru
Wouldn't work for osu! and would tick quite a few people off. Why?

Because it's not uncommon for people to idle at the title screen to listen to music. With this you would suddenly start hearing hitsounds in your song, and if you're listening to the song on the title screen then you probably don't want that.

Heck, I've done homework before while idling at the title screen. :P This would just make it so that wouldn't work well at all.
Derekku
*inevitable toggle post*
Topic Starter
DeeNinjaa

Ekaru wrote:

Because it's not uncommon for people to idle at the title screen to listen to music. With this you would suddenly start hearing hitsounds in your song, and if you're listening to the song on the title screen then you probably don't want that.

Heck, I've done homework before while idling at the title screen. :P This would just make it so that wouldn't work well at all.

Derekku Chan wrote:

*inevitable toggle post*
Yup. You could toggle in the options wether you want Demo Mode on or off. And you could choose the types of demo's you want as stated above(Local, Regional, Worldwide, Auto.) That way those who don't want annoying hitsounds won't need to hear 'em.
LuigiHann

Ekaru wrote:

It could leave the hitsounds silent and just play the visuals of the map that belong to the song that's already playing. That would be pretty cool
Zekira

LuigiHann wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

It could leave the hitsounds silent and just play the visuals of the map that belong to the song that's already playing. That would be pretty cool
Agreeing on this
RemmyX25
Doesnt even need a video i dont think
Derekku
Ekaru

LuigiHann wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

That would work well and I would like that, yes. I'll take some of that. <3
peppy
Already got something like this for osu!arcade. Not sure if/when it will be ported back.
arien666

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

^^^

Totally agree this request :3
Why? Most arcade games use this system ;_;
So... It's also necessery to osu!arcade(Furture thing)
Starrodkirby86

arken1015 wrote:

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

^^^

Totally agree this request :3
Why? Most arcade games use this system ;_;
So... It's also necessery to osu!arcade(Furture thing)

Hehe, according to peppy's post here, it seems this has already been implemented into osu!arcade.

However, it's unknown whether it'll reach to our regular version of osu!...

Eh, didn't wanna regurgitate the same stuff, but oh well. xD