forum

Original beatmap deleted, editing copy okay? +followup qustn

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Etral
Some time after uploading the most recent version of my beatmap, one of the difficulties from the original copy on my computer was deleted! D: Does it make a difference IN ANY WAY if I download a copy of my map from the website and just edit that from now on?
LuigiHann
Yeah that's perfectly normal and shouldn't be a problem
Derekku
If all difficulties are on the web, then it's perfectly fine for you to download and edit your own map. How did you delete your own copy? o-o;
Topic Starter
Etral
Ooh wow, thanks for the quick replies and for answering my question. ^^ I know anyone can edit any map, technically, but I guess what I was worried about was if it would still recognize me as the original author and if I would run into any uploading issues. Even stuff like that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Derekku Chan wrote:

How did you delete your own copy? o-o;
The file got corrupted somehow! D: I don't know how it happened, though it might have been actual physical damage to the drive... (seems like too much of a coincidence that it would hit just that one file, though). I store osu! on a portable hard drive that I take with me virtually everywhere, and I thought I was being careful with it, though if this really is the case I'll have to be more careful from now on. ^^;
Derekku
The upload slot is tied to your account, so only you can upload changes to the map once it's on the BSS. :P
Topic Starter
Etral
Ahh, heheh, thank you. :D My mind can now rest at ease~