posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cherry Blossom
Map : https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118768
Useful posts :
- p/3651023
- p/3653807

The main problem I have with this map is these wrongly snapped objects on 1/4 instead of 1/6.
These sounds (piano) are clearly the same, but they are not the same in time.

The perfect example which can illustrate it :
on Extreme 00:50:819 (2,3,4,5,6,7) -

As Okoratu said, having 1/6 notes completely inconsistent across diffs is not the best idea.

Discuss.
Sieg

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Discuss
Notes is clearly 1/6 and since this is rhythm game based on background music there must be 1/6 not 1/4. If mapper unsure about playability of this 1/6 circles he always can put slider or whatever instead.

rip
Lust
Whats the point in discussing a qualified beatmap? Shouldn't that be left to the QAT members? Haven't checked the map out since I'm at school, but still
Sakura

Lust wrote:

Whats the point in discussing a qualified beatmap? Shouldn't that be left to the QAT members? Haven't checked the map out since I'm at school, but still
I was thinking the same thing.
Such a thing should be pointed out in the map thread tho, but from what i saw CB pointed it out and was denied by the mapper and ignored by the ranking BAT.
Okoratu
i guess the point of this thread is discussing if things like mapping 1/6 notes in the mp3 with 1/4 stream stuff is / can be acceptable

my opinion on that matter is that that's per definition overmapping as All hitcircles and the starting point of any sliders should be snapped to be a beat in the music.
xxdeathx
This is not so much overmapping as snapping objects incorrectly to the music. While the former is tolerated to various degrees nowadays, wrongly snapped circles and slider heads shouldn't be allowed. As Sieg said, there is nothing wrong with using sliders to express 1/6 rhythm.

Also should we nuke this thread because it's a hybrid set
Loctav
I concur. We should conclude that as this is the QAT's task to decide.