forum

Catch the Beat - up scroll option

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Minhtam
In Catch the Beat, the fruits fall down, and you catch them with a saucer.

I think my eyes prefer that the fruits go up, and the catcher is on top. Kind of like a UFO thing.

So why don't we have an option for the fruits to scroll up? After all, we get the option to have the notes scroll up in osu!mania to play it "DDR style", so why can't Catch the Beat get the same option?
Bauxe
Makes sense to me, don't see why not.
- Marco -
Like DDR-mode in osu!mania
FrzR
Could be interesting. Inb4 some other user would request the same for taiko.
drum drum

Fr33z3R wrote:

Taiko won't work like that :D
Gumpy
Yes would make it more playable for me
Oinari-sama
With Ryuuta sitting on a UFO? lol

Sure why not ;)
- Marco -

drum drum wrote:

Fr33z3R wrote:

Taiko won't work like that :D
I guess Fr33z3R means that intead of going right to left it goes left to right
brunn08

In my opinion this put the game harder. This its like Flashlight or hidden, probably reverse mod (1.12x).
Seijiro
Well...now that I see the screen brunn08 made it naturally came to my mind the question "What about the score and the HP bar?"

This needs a whole new re-desing (mania isn't affected since has a different HP bar and the score is hard to reach even moving the playfield to the right edge), which means a lot of work for really few gain imo.

For now I'll stay idle and watch the thread for further options/opinions to resolve these issues before giving my support (sorry I didn't came with any myself, but I don't really play CtB that much and I prefer it the way it is xD)
Fullerene-

brunn08 wrote:

In my opinion this put the game harder. This its like Flashlight or hidden, probably reverse mod (1.12x).
This is a playstyle/reading choice, just because for you it's harder doesn't mean the same is for everyone else.

Anyway, I support this because my eyes are trained to read upscroll much better than down due to Stepmania. As sergio said, I'm not sure about other gameplay elements that would be affected, though.
Granger

[-MrSergio-] wrote:

Well...now that I see the screen brunn08 made it naturally came to my mind the question "What about the score and the HP bar?"
I dont think it'll make any problems, the judgement line is a bit lower than that.
Bauxe

brunn08 wrote:

Turn screen upside down, ez points.
Dazdy_old
I don't see why this couldn't happen. Support.
- Marco -

Bauxe wrote:

brunn08 wrote:

I agree!
Katy-xD

Bauxe wrote:

brunn08 wrote:

Reverse keybinds if neccessary xD, rip 1.12x bonus for everyone, so that won't happen.

As for the HP bar & etc, most players play with them off anyway, but I believe that CTB would be better off with an HP bar on the side anyway (mania-style)