forum

[resolved] Go Back to Main Menu After Host has stopped playi

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rust45
When you spectate someone, and they pause the game, the replay will pause when you reach they point that they paused at, and this is fine in my eyes.

However, when the person you are spectating pauses the game, and then quits the map, it leaves you there wondering why they haven't continued playing yet. So instead of just leaving the replay paused, why not just take you back to the main menu if the person being watched quits?
anonymous_old
Yeah, this annoys me too. You're only outside of in-game when the person you're spectating finishes a map. Silence is boring. D=
Gabi
support! +1
Kitsunemimi
Also, I'd like to add that for those who like to restart the very instant they mess up, osu! currently just cuts off the replay wherever the spectators left off (buffer/ping) meaning that most of the time, we don't get to where they mess up. And after it cuts off, it just attempts to resume the replay at the beginning of the map at the moment the host restarts. This results in yet more buffering time, and I think it's rather inefficient.
Instead, could we have it that the spectator's clients don't immediately cut off at the moment the host restarts until it has completely loaded the beginning of the next play. That way, they can continue to watch their previous play almost up to the point where the host messed up, and there wouldn't be any 'Buffering' screens.
peppy
I totally agree with both of these.
Dragvon
I agree.
I was thinking about that some days ago, and i guess one "Host is selecting a new song" screen could be nice too :3