forum

[invalid] Display if songs with be positive of Negative pp

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
hallucinater
First off I would like to make this clear what this means, I will also state what's good or bad about it from what i'm aware of as well

The title isn't exactly clear, but what it means is I was thinking if there could be a system that tells you if when you get a full combo you will gain ranking or lose ranking.

The reason I was thinking about this is because sometimes i'm playing songs and such but i can't tell if i will gain or lose pp just due to the star ranking. I don't exactly mind knowing when I will gain or not but it's sometimes a bother when i'm practicing to be able to play harder songs and i'm losing some ranking. The slow decay is one thing, and it's fine at that but i would rather avoid playing songs that make me lose rank even when i think they wont.

Some obvious negatives is that it would be very hard and annoying to put in a full system to calculate every note and accuracy etc... So just having it for full combo would be good. It might also bother some people having it in the way if they don't want it, so maybe a toggle feature for those who want it in the options.

I can see how this feature wouldn't be that great even with what has been stated but since (not entirely sure so correct me if i'm wrong) the system probably already has certain things calculated i thought it might be reasonable to put this out there

Thanks for taking your time to read this :P
drum drum
This seems pretty close to what you want. While it's not the same it could function the same way
vincaslt
As far as I know you can't drop rank/pp just by playing easier or songs that are too hard. There are very rare cases when you drop 1 or 2pp, but they are very specific, and I will not bother explaining.. The thing that happens is that other people simply pass you, by getting pp and rising above you in the time that you take to play a few maps or so. Also, ranks probably don't update ever second, more like every few minutes, so you might see yourself dropping like 2-5 ranks at a time, especially considering that your rank is quite low, and a lot of people are able to pass you.
jesse1412

vincaslt wrote:

As far as I know you can't drop rank/pp just by playing easier or songs that are too hard. There are very rare cases when you drop 1 or 2pp, but they are very specific, and I will not bother explaining.. The thing that happens is that other people simply pass you, by getting pp and rising above you in the time that you take to play a few maps or so. Also, ranks probably don't update ever second, more like every few minutes, so you might see yourself dropping like 2-5 ranks at a time, especially considering that your rank is quite low, and a lot of people are able to pass you.
Exactly this, there are only two ways to "lose" pp. In this scenario imagine you have a 1x100 score with the 100 at the end of the map; if you were to beat said score with 5x100 at the start of the map you would "lose" pp as you would be submitted a new top play by score points that is actually valued as being worth less pp. The other way isn't really losing at all, if the pp algorithms change then your pp may increase or decrease, but that applies to everyone and it's something that is simply improving how pp works, if you lose pp that way you general deserved to.
Topic Starter
hallucinater

vincaslt wrote:

Also, ranks probably don't update ever second, more like every few minutes, so you might see yourself dropping like 2-5 ranks at a time, especially considering that your rank is quite low, and a lot of people are able to pass you.
You were probably checking my standard profile in the case of my rank, i play Ctb and i'm hanging around 2k+, It seems this is true that in standard that you don't lose people for songs and such, but for CTB it's pretty easy to get to a high enough rank that anything normal difficulty and even hard songs lower my rank. Pretty much anything 3k and higher for ranking even just a few ranks down is quite a bit so I would rather just be able to stop myself before the song ended if it's just for practice purposes
jesse1412

hallucinater wrote:

vincaslt wrote:

Also, ranks probably don't update ever second, more like every few minutes, so you might see yourself dropping like 2-5 ranks at a time, especially considering that your rank is quite low, and a lot of people are able to pass you.
You were probably checking my standard profile in the case of my rank, i play Ctb and i'm hanging around 2k+, It seems this is true that in standard that you don't lose people for songs and such, but for CTB it's pretty easy to get to a high enough rank that anything normal difficulty and even hard songs lower my rank. Pretty much anything 3k and higher for ranking even just a few ranks down is quite a bit so I would rather just be able to stop myself before the song ended if it's just for practice purposes
You're still wrong. Your pp never decreases apart from in the scenarios I mentioned, no exceptions.
Bara-
Your rank can't be lowered if you play, unless other people pass you
Also, as Jesus said, PP can't be lowered, unless you got a better score with lower accuracy (due to spinners/mods etc.)
vincaslt

hallucinater wrote:

vincaslt wrote:

You're right, I have immediately assumed you're talking about standard, but I still believe the same rules apply. Jesus1412 mentioned the cases I had in mind.
Topic Starter
hallucinater
Hrmm alright, I suppose i just didn't realize this because i didn't expect hundreds of people to be shifting around the ranks within just a few days :s but thanks for the knowledge
Bara-
They do
Look at my profile, at Taiko
You'll see I'm constantly losing ranks, because I kinda stopped playing it
Oinari-sama
I guess this can be closed now.