forum

osu! Public Release b1553 / new Bancho server

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
I'm about to collapse from lack of sleep so this won't be a usual post with changelog and all, but thought it is best to give some basic info before i disappear. I am currently load testing a new bancho setup on a different server. This means if you don't update your copy of osu! you will not see many people online. Read on for IRC info...

You can connect to cho.ppy.sh or irc.ppy.sh for IRC to the new server. osu.ppy.sh will no longer work for IRC connections.

The new build addresses a number of bugs, but may have a few bugs of its own. There seems to be some kind of problem with lead-in time (especially in tag play?) so if you experience this and have the expertise, find me a reproducible case and post to support forum.

As usual feel free to whinge about stuff in this thread.

peppy out.
nsane
EDIT: nevermind
Remco32
Is this new IRC server permanent; should I change the connectionsettings of my IRC client? Or will the servername change back one of these days to irc.ppy.sh / osu.ppy.sh ?
Topic Starter
peppy
irc.ppy.sh will point to the new server after I confirm it is permanent!
osu.ppy.sh will *not* work anymore.
jmaeshawn

peppy wrote:

Added, but needs a new bancho build (likely tomorrow).
Does this have to do with the stealth spectating you talked about in the "leaked information" forum? XD

(Yes, I know it was an April Fool's joke, it just seems like really convenient timing o.o)
Topic Starter
peppy
No. This will offset bancho stability problems though, and decrease server load plenty.
HarryHy

peppy wrote:

osu.ppy.sh will *not* work anymore.
Why is this, may I ask? It's not really a problem, but it may confuse some people who use the old address and don't frequent the site.

Thanks for the work.
Topic Starter
peppy
Because it is a different server.
K2J
So if osu.ppy.sh isn't going to work any more, does that mean all the other ppy.sh sites are going to move as well?
Topic Starter
peppy
No? I don't even understand your question.
Starrodkirby86
He probably confused the IRC connection of osu.ppy.sh with the site's osu.ppy.sh. Perplexes me too.

And also...

'cho.
K2J
Oh, from the wording I though you were implying all of osu.ppy.sh - website, forums, everything - was moving. My bad. I should've read more carefully.
Corrderio
Have some storyboard beatmaps been bugged for anyone else after this update?

2 I found so far:

-Agent Spin Here's "Tik Tok" seems to be glitched at the end where the song will loop back to the start and scores/numbers/etc. will constantly flash and won't take you to your results unless you hit the Skip button.

-m980's "Don't Stop Me Now" won't let you out of the intro when you hit skip.

EDIT: Restarting Osu! seemed to clear it up. Not sure if it's me or some kind of bug from going from Editor to Game.
HarryHy

peppy wrote:

You could do some fancy netcattin' on 6667 to the new server. Should work in theory, never tried on an ircd though.
anonymous_old

HarryHy wrote:

peppy wrote:

You could do some fancy netcattin' on 6667 to the new server. Should work in theory, never tried on an ircd though.
Or reduce network load/costs by telling everyone to move to the new server.
rulingvenus
i see people doing irc, how do you do that? >.> thnx for whom ever answers me! lulz
KRZY

Agent LucasJay wrote:

i see people doing irc, how do you do that? >.> thnx for whom ever answers me! lulz
if you're using firefox

google "irc add on" and the first thing to come up will be Chatzilla

install the addon to your firefox, go to Tools - Chatzilla and log on to cho.ppy.sh