forum

The 'Reserved Beatmap and Progress' Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
KiraCatgirl

peppy wrote:

One thing I will mention is that osu! supports multiple beatmaps by multiple authors for the same song - especially well when using the same mp3. I personally think its nice to have variation on the same songs, and would like to hear different people's takes on them.

I support this thread as a place to see what is coming, though.
Oh I totally didn't think of that. You could tag your map with your nickname instead of/with the difficulty. O.O
peppy
The creator name is already stored in the metadata - there is no need to tag it elsewhere.
caelus
I guess I'll add :)

Currently:
Radiohead - No Surprises
Animal Collective - Grass

Upcoming:
(maybe) Radiohead - Just
(once I figure out how to time this) Dresden Dolls - Shores of California
chan

KiraCatgirl wrote:

Is it really ethical for everyone to be reserving so many beatmaps? I've just been going with it, but it seems a little unfair. What if you won't get to it for a few weeks and someone else wants to do it right now?
Personally, I feel like I don't have any right to prevent others from pursuing my/their own beatmaps, but I don't mind complying to people's reservations.

I guess if you want to make another beatmap for song already done or being done, you should probably contact the original creator(s). That being said, it'd be hard to stop people from doing what they want.
Loginer
Upon request, I've started with another Michael Jackson-song: Thriller. *Reserves*
Jay_old
-Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen
-Help!: Beatles
-We didn't start the fire: Billy Joel
-Sweet Caroline: Neil Diamond
Oddbrother
Works in Progress:
  1. Julien-K - Waking Up
  2. DJ Sammy - Heaven
  3. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
  4. Suemitsu & the Suemith - Allegro Cantabile Sound
Loginer
I feel like doing something different this time, so I'll take the Ghostbusters theme, please. :)
ZZT the Fifth
Home Made Kazoku - Shonen Heart (Normal & Hard)

...I had the Normal beatmap done, but when I went to clear the beats to do the Hard version, I saved over it. So I have to start again. :|
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Ah, good, you're doing Shounen Heart. Saves me the work! >_>
ZZT the Fifth

hitoshirenu wrote:

Ah, good, you're doing Shounen Heart. Saves me the work! >_>
Correction: I just finished Shounen Heart. :P
TenutoInuke
Beatmaps not Finished Yet:

Canibus - Channel Zero (Still searching for perfect BPM)
Hideki Naganuma - That's Enough (Currently working on, 15% done)
Asheru - Boondocks Theme Song (Still searching for perfect BPM)
Korn - Evolution (Still searching for perfect BPM)

Songs Finished:
AFI - Miss Murder (Hard/Normal/Easy)
Metallica - The Unforgiven 2 (Hard)
ZZT the Fifth
Hm, I'm on a roll, might as well keep mapping.

In Progress:

Kurei Soshi - WISH ~ Kimi wo Matenakute
Kolma
i am claiming escape from the city from sonic adventure 2
The song should be done by tonight if not tomorrow

*edit a good 70% done
timing is all pretty spot on(im an expert ouendan/eba player from ds so im pretty good with that)
the song is hard on some spots easier on others so expect between normal and hard(insane if i decide to make the notes smaller ;) but i dont think i will i like the size currently)
Gerbah
I just started working on a Beatmap for "4000 Degrees Kelvin" from Portal. It's my first one, and like I said I just started it, but it's coming along nicely. It's a rather short song (like a minute), so it's a good start, and I'm making a rather easy one. But, if you like techno...
Holy Hell_old
Everybody is doing Japanese and anime music, for the most part, so I figured I'd be a badass rebel and work on obscure bands nobody has ever heard of, because that makes me a badass rebel. Which I happen to be. Also, it means nobody will beat me to the obvious answers.

My first beatmaps are No Children, by The Mountain Goats and Ri Ra by Clann Zu. As a horrible perfectionist, I'd like to say it's going great so far.
Bonesnake
doing hardware store atm ( dunno if anyone is doing it ), will finish up after work tomorrow.
awp
I just put my planned beatmaps in my sig. I think it's a more convenient way to declare what you intend to do. Not that anyone's heard of Blind Stare before.
ZZT the Fifth
'Nother one in progress.

ZZ - Samurai Blue
Loginer
To celebrate the leak of Super Mario Galaxy, I'll take Lazytown - You Are A Pirate. :3
Kylecito
PROTECTION METHODS BITCH
tho wiikey team is doing nicely ;>
ZZT the Fifth
Surprise!

Beginning work on:

Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze (Easy, Hard)
advancechao
I am starting a beatmap of Shissou, the ending song from Ouran High School Host Club, so far it is 1/4 the way done on the hard difficulty. Look forward to it :D

And no, I am not a Japanophile but this song is amazing. I love the melody! ^_^
Kharl
I'm working on maps for Saitama2000 from Taiko no Tatsujin, and 天地開闢 (World Opening) by M2U from EZ2DJ.
Cecilthemos
Clash at the Big Bridge from FFV, by Nobuo Uematsu
advancechao
Haha, now I'm thinking of doing Boom Boom Boom by Vengaboys just for fun. :D
awp
Is that the song where they say boom boom boom boom, which is thereafter followed by "I want you in my room" and then something about forever from now until whenever
advancechao

awp wrote:

Is that the song where they say boom boom boom boom, which is thereafter followed by "I want you in my room" and then something about forever from now until whenever
Yeah that one. It's so catchy that I'm done with half of hard mode so far ^_^
awp
I'm working on a pretty catchy song atm too
Impossible_old
I'm doing Tentai Kansoku, by Bump of Chicken. I doubt anyone else would be doing that anyway, but I wish iNiS had used it for the final song instead of Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Yobundaze... That song didn't have as much power to it as the other final songs, IMO. This is my first beatmap, so I can't guarantee it's going to go anywhere yet... I'll probably need some help.
Stryker Z
My musix are obsolete and nobody likes them, so I have no worry of them taking the songs, but I'll reserve them anyway.

1. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
2. Carry on my Wayward Son - Kansas
3. You Really Got Me - Van Halen
4. Everlong - Foo Fighters
5. Predictable - Good Charlotte
Headbang
I'd like to reserve a spot for Stormbringer, by Jam Project.
Kharl
I've started making a map for Hare Hare Yukai from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
awp

Kharl wrote:

I've started making a map for Hare Hare Yukai from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
If this is the song I think it is (end credits) then I love you.

Include DVD-ending video and it will be a pant-creamer.
Kharl

awp wrote:

Kharl wrote:

If this is the song I think it is (end credits) then I love you.

Include DVD-ending video and it will be a pant-creamer.
You bet. :)

Anyway, what should I use as the artist of this song? Right now, I'm using 'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuukai'. Is that okay? Also, the video I'm using right now is kinda huge (44MB). The video quality is top-notch, but I doubt anyone will be willing to download the file this big. Any suggestion on how to reduce the file size?
peppy
vdub it xvid 1200kbit or so. should still look ok. also remove the audio stream. you can either leave the artist as you have it, or track down the name of the actual singer.
Kharl
Got it. Thanks, Peppy! XD
Upsilon_old
I'm making a beatmap for "Reset" from Okami. Making it extremely slowly, but making it.
Gunzil
Super Mario Galaxy's Gusty Garden - Done
Super Mario Galaxy's Toy Time Galaxy - WIP
Kharl
Now that a rearranged version of 'Theme of Love' from FF4 has been released, I'll make a map for it. Won't let this awesomeness goes unnoticed!

(YouTube) Emi Ida - Tsuki no Akari (Final Fantasy 4 - Theme of Love)
show more