thnikk's Osu! Keypads [Development]

posted
Total Posts
582
show more
FieryLight
I think they can be mapped. Pretty sure it's more like Esc, C (or whatever smoke is by default) and SpaceBar.
Shizuyi
http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/23 So theyre available now. I wanted to try yours or the one from the osu store but i have no clue which one is better for me? What are the benefits from yours and what are the benefits from the osu one? Can someone explain it to me? :S
Topic Starter
Thnikk
I've added a page to my website for cleaning the restickable tape on your keypads here: [link]
This will be added to the OP later in the week after the RGB keypad goes up.

Shizuyi wrote:

http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/23 So theyre available now. I wanted to try yours or the one from the osu store but i have no clue which one is better for me? What are the benefits from yours and what are the benefits from the osu one? Can someone explain it to me? :S
It're really going to come down to what you prefer, but I'll do my best to provide a comparison.

-The nono keyboard is driverless.
 -Mine is too.

-The nono keyboard is remappable.
 -Mine is too, but it requires you to be a little more hands on. Any of my Teensy LC models are very easy to work with though and once the IDE is configured you can change whatever code you'd like.

-The nono keyboard comes with three extra buttons.
 -Mine comes with one. I have no qualms about this because mine was designed with the one button in mind. I also think the placement on the left is a lot better because you can hit it with your ring finger without interrupting gameplay (it's not as awkward as you'd think) vs having them under your fingers and having to adjust your hand. You still have a keyboard for the buttons that don't need to be quickly accessible and even if you want to map left/right to something for song select I would just say use the buttons on your tablet if you have one.

-The nono keyboard has an RGB LED for under/side glow like a riced out car.
 -Mine doesn't, but my RGB keypad will be out this week for $36. As far as this compares to my v2 which will be the same price (in 1-2 months according to the description) it's a plus if you like it. That color reactive mode is pretty cool though... :idea:

-The nono keyboard has one lighting effect with the switch-mounted LEDs(?)
 -Mine has 5 including off if you want to turn them off.

As far as the inclusions in the box go, I don't see much of reason to change what I offer. Two sets of o-rings seems like overkill since a lot of my customers don't even use them and rubber feet still aren't reliable enough for me to want to include.

Then there's aesthetics and whether you prefer aluminum with a seam or a minimal plastic box. This is even more subjective.

Edit: I also have a product line so if you don't like lighting effects or extra buttons you can pick one up for as low as $22 USD (+$5 shipping to the US, $8 to CA, and $10 everywhere else.)
Shizuyi
So its as much as i thoguht there is no big difference in what they offer. ANd the price (if i want the same things) is the same as well, boith 40$. Well now i have to choose. :D
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Shizuyi wrote:

So its as much as i thoguht there is no big difference in what they offer. ANd the price (if i want the same things) is the same as well, boith 40$. Well now i have to choose. :D
I'm actually going with the sooner rather than later thing I said a few posts back and the v2 is getting bumped down to $30 when it goes back up (probably by Wednesday or Thursday.)
KevEz
I couldn't get it to start working again, tried it on a different PC with no luck and bought another cable just to make sure my cables weren't the issue, no luck their either. Theirs nothing wrong with it physically so all I can think of is that the programming must of gotten messed up or something and I wouldn't know how to fix that either ways, lol. Either ways it was great while it worked xD
E m i

KevEz wrote:

Theirs nothing wrong with it
whose?
Topic Starter
Thnikk
I've added a few pages to my website along with all of the prep work for the new keypad going up.

[link] Updated page for the v2 remapping guide, adding the RGB to the guide since they use the same microcontroller
[link] Added a page for the "v2.1", a new version of the v2 that uses the Pro Micro instead of the Teensy LC. The .1 doesn't mean it's any better, I just wanted a different name to avoid confusion with these guides.
[link] Added a page for LED modes of the v2/v2.1 to show them off to people who may be interested.
[link] Added a page for LED modes of the RGB keypad.
I also changed the navigation a bit to make it less confusing.

KevEz wrote:

I couldn't get it to start working again, tried it on a different PC with no luck and bought another cable just to make sure my cables weren't the issue, no luck their either. Theirs nothing wrong with it physically so all I can think of is that the programming must of gotten messed up or something and I wouldn't know how to fix that either ways, lol. Either ways it was great while it worked xD
I'd still like to check it out to see what's wrong with it. I'm thinking it's just a fluke and the trinket died, but I'd have to see for sure.
Free upgrade to RGB from a free model before would be cool though, huh? ;) I really wouldn't mind doing it, you've helped me out a lot.

[ Momiji ] wrote:

KevEz wrote:

Theirs nothing wrong with it
whose?
No grammar sticklers in my thread, pls.
THE FLAT EARTH
Awww, everything is out of stock besides the keycaps.
Topic Starter
Thnikk
Alright, everything's up. To quickly outline the changes for people who haven't read through the thread:


The v1 and v2 are gone and replaced with the v2.1, which has taken the v1's place in price.

The RGB keypad is up for $36. There are no alternate keycap options right now, but glow in the dark may be added in the near future. It also exclusively uses Gateron switches for their semi-transparent housing which is perfect for the backlighting.

Cherry MX black switches are back in stock and Gateron reds, blacks, and browns have been added.

All keycaps are back in stock (though maybe not for long.)

There were a bunch of changes made to my website to add more information, including remapping/reprogramming guides for all models, a cleaning guide for my tape, an FAQ page, and pages showing off LED modes for the v2/v2.1 and RGB models.

[Shop] [RGB] [v2.1] [Basic+] [Basic]

[Website]

Kaas wrote:

Awww, everything is out of stock besides the keycaps.
^
Shizuyi
Im thinking about ordering one.
2 Questins before:
1. Whats the differnece between the RBG and the v2.1 besides the Ligghning effects of course? :P
2. WHats the difference between GAteron and Cherry Switches? I never used GAteron; are there the same differences´between the colours as at the Cherrys?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Shizuyi wrote:

Im thinking about ordering one.
2 Questins before:
1. Whats the differnece between the RBG and the v2.1 besides the Ligghning effects of course? :P
2. WHats the difference between GAteron and Cherry Switches? I never used GAteron; are there the same differences´between the colours as at the Cherrys?
1) Lighting effects are the only difference besides there being no option for Cherry switches on the RGB.

2) All of the Gateron colors match the corresponding Cherry colors except for clears which are a 35g linear switch and yellows (which I don't have) which are a 100g(?) linear switch. Beyond that, they are almost identical physically except for the semi-transparent white housing and the Gaterons feel a lot smoother.
Shizuyi
What about Basic and BAsic +? WHat makes em worse than RGB or v2.1?
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Shizuyi wrote:

What about Basic and BAsic +? WHat makes em worse than RGB or v2.1?
The 125hz polling rate instead of the 1000hz found on the RGB and v2.1. Other than that, no backlighting and no escape button on the basic.
Shizuyi
Im very sorry for t´his much questions but the more appreciate your fast, informativ answers! :) I just wanted to get sure about buying it because its soooo much money for just 2 Keys (espeically if you live in Germany and have to handle 10$ shipping). But i think its worth an investemt since i HATE my Cherry Browns for Osu!. i could also be just bad but i i still hope to have more fun with other Switches.
Nib105N05
These look really cool, too bad I probably can't buy some from you. I would be concerned that there wouldn't be a wide enough gap between the keys. (I play with index and ring finger.)
Topic Starter
Thnikk

Shizuyi wrote:

Im very sorry for t´his much questions but the more appreciate your fast, informativ answers! :) I just wanted to get sure about buying it because its soooo much money for just 2 Keys (espeically if you live in Germany and have to handle 10$ shipping). But i think its worth an investemt since i HATE my Cherry Browns for Osu!. i could also be just bad but i i still hope to have more fun with other Switches.
No problem, I'm glad to be able to answer any questions you have. My keyboard with browns was the biggest reason I got into this so I understand :lol:

Nib105N05 wrote:

These look really cool, too bad I probably can't buy some from you. I would be concerned that there wouldn't be a wide enough gap between the keys. (I play with index and ring finger.)
I could make one for you to accommodate that. I have a wider housing (that's a little deeper too but the height is the same) that would probably work perfectly for 3 keys (or two with a 1 key space in the middle.)



I can't do this for everyone as I only have one of these cases right now. If anyone else is interested you can PM me and we can try to work something out.
THE FLAT EARTH
Awesome, ordered one with gateron clears :).
Topic Starter
Thnikk
So I did this today:


I'm planning on adding it as another lighting effect, but I'd like another day or two for testing/tweaking.

Kaas wrote:

Awesome, ordered one with gateron clears :).
Shipping out tomorrow morning!
sonoda
Very cool. I ordered one with Gateron clears. I'm looking forward to it!
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply