forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Custom skinsound does not work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Problem Details:
Custom spinnerspin ,countdown skinsound and gos sound in a map folder used to work before but now it does not.
For instance, folder of my map obtains coundown3,2,1 skinsound ,gos sound and spinnerspin skinsound but they do not work.
Topic Starter
Ulysses
seems no one noticed this thread
drum drum
They seem to work for me
RvNovae
maybe you accidently ignored the skin?
Topic Starter
Ulysses

drum drum wrote:

They seem to work for me
I meant, the countdown file I put is http://puu.sh/dSOwN/6f4fbe8f67.wav
But it works on only default countdown sound not mine.
It used to work.
I asked my frd to test and he told me that the custom countdown sound doesn not work either.
Saten
I can confirm that custom sounds doesn't work like it should, it'll pick the anything but the beatmap's custom sounds (not talking about hitsounds now).

tested on the latest stable build (osu! version: 20141226.7)
[ -Dakos- ]
Same , not working here. In the last build

PD: Try this http://puu.sh/dTmxP/86dbe40250.png
Bara-
Got a duplicate
It also doesn't work for Taiko custom samples

baraatje123 wrote:

Problem Details:

Well, I thought, for a map, it would be better if there were custom hitsounds for a certain stream part, due to weird sounds in the music (Immense pitch-ups)
So I got the files, and called them taiko-normal-hitwhistle.wav and taiko-normal-hitclap (the hitclap is for the Muzu, where those notes appear alone and as K, the hitwhistle is for oni, as it's also a really big stream) but they never seem to get in
I have enabled: Use custom overrides (As _Gezo_ told me to), and I have proper set-up in Timing panel

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

The Timing-panel

Songs folder

osu! version: 20141230.4cuttingedge

I have no idea what to do ;-;
Entis_old_1
Joining this topic, no custom sounds used in different maps since global Christmas update.
It is very sad thing, hope there will be resolution of this problem, because I'm using different sounds in all my maps.
Bara-
Strange thing is
All std custom samples work for me, while the taiko ones don't ;-;
BanchoBot
This issue(s) has been addressed by the following change by peppy:
  1. Fix some samples not being beatmap overridable.
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150113.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
- Marco -
spinner sounds still doesn't work :c
Bara-
Taiko hitsounds also still don't work
Damnae
Apparently taiko hitsounds aren't supposed to work from beatmaps (they should work from skins).
Bara-
Wait what?
Since when is that? (Never tried though)
That makes absolutely no sense
Damnae
Since always. It was added to prevent custom hit samples intended for osu! from replacing taiko ones in converted maps, before the taiko- prefix existed.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix some samples being loaded with an incorrect suffix. (Damnae)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150113.5cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Entis_old_1
Tried latest cuttingedge. Custom countdown is working now, but applause seems not. (STD)
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix the remaining samples that weren't beatmap overridable. (Damnae)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150115.1cuttingedge.

Entis_old_1
Yes~ Finally countdowns and applause are working. Cannot tell about else sounds though. (STD)
Can't wait for a update~
Topic Starter
Ulysses
it is okay now.Thank you