forum

[duplicate] Bonus for passing a song with No Fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Ok so what I mean by that is when you play a song with No Fail, but then in the end you would have passed it even without the mod. It would be cool if in the end there was an animation for or something where the No Fail icon gets shattered and then you get bonus score added to your total.

I dont think the exact number is that important at all, because the main point is to give that extra drive to try your best to the end when you begin to realise you can pass the song even without the mod. So maybe make it so that instead of 0,5 multiplier you get like 0,75 multiplier instead. I do not think it should go all the way to 1,0 multiplier because it would encourage to always play with NF and i dont like that for some reason. Also it would be too radical of a change and I prefer baby steps.

SPOILER
inspired by this
Bara-
Kinda hard to search for it, but found it
t/14112?hilit=+fail
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

baraatje123 wrote:

t/14112?hilit=+fail
You linked a 6year old request that is not the same and infact is already added... kind of.
xasuma
So you want to do something risky without the risk. I don't agree.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

xasuma wrote:

So you want to do something risky without the risk. I don't agree.
More like removing the risk with a price. Kinda like insurance.

Making it 0,5 or 0,75 multiplier depending how well you do, instead of a 0 or 1,0 multiplier depending how well you do.

Fail with NF = 0,5
Pass with NF = 0,75

Fail nomod = 0,0
Pass nomod = 1,0
deadbeat

Sea_Food wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

t/14112?hilit=+fail
You linked a 6year old request that is not the same and infact is already added... kind of.
oh please, do explain how this is different
Deimos
You want to be rewarded cause you used the NoFail mod which were unnecessary?

How about that. Don't use the mod NoFail, and you will be rewarded by having a x1.0 score multiplier instead of a x0.50 score multiplier.
deadbeat

Deimos wrote:

How about that. Don't use the mod NoFail, and you will be rewarded by having a x1.0 score multiplier instead of a x0.50 score multiplier.

awp wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

If it works the way you suggest, there'd be no reason to ever disable it (since there's no penalty for having it on)
This is my biggest objection. Maybe 0.8x for not having to use it and 0.5x if you have to use it (when it is enabled).
seriously, how is this any different from the conversation 6 years ago?
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

What he request is that in multiplayer if your NF goes unused you get the full score anyway. Which is actually kind of pointless because already in multi you can play without NF and continue to play even if you fail, with the added bonus that you can revive yourself to get full score even if you fail. (some of these features have been added during the 6year period between his post and present.)

What i requested that in singleplayer (and in multi but thats not important) if your NF goes unused you get some bonus score.
Bara-
6 years?
Please read better
Latest post is 3 months ago
Deimos

Sea_Food wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

What he request is that in multiplayer if your NF goes unused you get the full score anyway. Which is actually kind of pointless because already in multi you can play without NF and continue to play even if you fail, with the added bonus that you can revive yourself to get full score even if you fail. (some of these features have been added during the 6year period between his post and present.).

If you fail and you don't use NoFail, you are still able to revive, but you should also know that your score where you failed won't be submitted, cause you failed, so those people won't really be rewarded

So, actually he is requesting the same, the only difference is the score difference in both of your requests.
You want to get a small reward, he is asking to get the mod nullified
Karuta-_old_1
I see people use nofail mod to keep their ranks low or to prevent loss of pp from poor accuracy

Lemme guess, next thing you would suggest is a reward when you did a FC with suddendeath on because you haven't used it

Don't make a request if you don't even know what you are trying to say
Oinari-sama
Discussions are still going for t/14112, post any variations of NF there instead of making 100 similar threads.