forum

[invalid] Bring back xk.ini files

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
October Scream
So the new skin.ini idea is terrible. It is such a mess having everything bunched up into one file and I had trouble just trying to set it back up. The original xk.ini files (4k, 5k, 6k, 7k, etc.) is way easier and I think it should be that way for the remainder of osu.
Bara-
Don't request a toggle (or reversion) of something new, unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat
Actually, it's way better now, or you need 10 xk.inis
Now it's all bundled up in Skin.ini, which is way better for me
Jole

baraatje123 wrote:

Don't request a toggle (or reversion) of something new, unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat
But it's better to have 10 xk.ini files instead of one file that's one big, messy clutter(We're talking 401 ish lines)
deadbeat
i trust smoogipoo knows what hes doing and i can't see him splitting everything back to how it was. sorry
drum drum
There's a new skinning system t/262202
Starry-

baraatje123 wrote:

Way better for you? It's a lot more tedious scrolling through (in my case, 401 lines!) to make a small change to a certain keymode. I'd much prefer the nK.ini files and I'm sure a lot of other people do.

But sadly I don't expect a revert. :/
Chirimu-Chan

Jole wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

But it's better to have 10 xk.ini files instead of one file that's one big, messy clutter(We're talking 401 ish lines)
Calm down, some user made Mods for Audiosurf 2 have more than 500 lines Lua script. And if you comment something out or get some space between the lines (simply clear your code), its quite easy.
Topic Starter
October Scream

baraatje123 wrote:

You don't seem like someone who would know much about skinning to be honest. You only need to focus on one key mod if all your scores are filled with is 4k.

drum drum wrote:

There's a new skinning system t/262202
No shit
Granger
If the number of lines is a issue for you then you likely dont know how to use the editor correctly. Man i mean, even the MSEditor got a search and jump to function.
Oinari-sama
Don't bump an invalid request unless you have very good reason to do so.