forum

[invalid] New mod request: Disable score submission when not fc/pf

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Wesley
Greetings,

Basically the idea is a simple one, a disable score submission mod in the mods selection. It could be stacked on three levels the same way DT-NC is; first click disables submission completely, second click disables if not full-combo, third one for no submission without SS. The third stage (no submission without SS) would be especially useful for something like a SS player. That way you can finish a map without getting 100% each time, while still having your 100% hit accuracy on your profile.

I see this useful in so many ways, one big example is multiplayer, countless times have I seen someone who could easily full-combo, or almost full-combo a map, but then intentionally let himself get to "fail" because he doesn't want the score to be submitted. Or when you're just casually practicing and having fun, wanting to play maps to end to see the result, but not let the score submit.

Edit:
Just to clarify it: its just that the score wont be submitted, but will be visible in your local scores (so you can still see how many misses you had etc)
- Marco -
Topic Starter
Wesley
That way, when you miss one note you fail immediately. When you want to play out a song and can't because you have one miss you have to begin over again.
- Marco -
Oh, i get it now. Like taiko that it fails at the end of the song
Topic Starter
Wesley
If that is how taiko SD/PF works, then yes :)

Edit:
Just to clarify it: its just that the score wont be submitted, but will be visible in your local scores (so you can still see how many misses you had etc)
Bara-
This would give way to much farming, so I strongly oppose against this
I just don't like farming xD
Nhelv
But farmers wouldn't want to finish a song after a miss anyway, or?
I've farmed a lot too so I kinda know from experience that I wouldn't want to fully play a song anyways when I miss.
They only want the pp and if they miss it won't give them pp so they automatically retry after they miss.
Oinari-sama
Support t/141061 instead.

EDIT: I think I will use the [invalid] tag more often without giving out alternatives if people keep misunderstanding.
Topic Starter
Wesley
That isn't close to what i meant with this request. On the topic you sended it still makes you fail the map when you don't reach certain criteria. The whole point of this mod is that if you didn't full combo or 100% a map, it doesn't submit the map BUT still lets you keep playing, which is totally different from that other request.
Bauxe
If you don't want a score to submit, just quit the song before the end.

Or just stop caring about accuracy.
Nhelv
But if someone wants to train certain parts of the song, then that mod could be useful.

And it's not about accuracy, at least I guess that isn't the intention. The point of this mod is that you can practice the whole song and if you, for example, miss at a really easy part but still want to practice the harder parts but don't want your score to be submitted because it's a really easy miss then it could be of use.
And quitting at the very end might be a bit hard because if you press escape you go to the scoreboard and your score is/will be submitted.
Nathanael
This request is just almost the same as the requested "unranked mod" which has been rejected multiple times.
If you want the scores not to submit, then play offline.