forum

QTT (July 2015) (Registration Closed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elessey

Hi and welcome to the first edition of the Quadrathlon Team Tournament !

Staff
Referee supervisor :
Elessey
Referees :
Kaito-kun ; bigfeh ; Minhtam ; asdfghjkl609 ; LuciferofHell ; Berezz ; IronicOxydant ; Deviant ; Play ; ForeverFabulous ; GluRay ; Dionysaw

Map selection supervisor :
Elessey
Map selectors :
Osu : Animetor ; PixelAngel ; bigfeh ; (Minhtam) ; Berezz
Taiko : lino1000
CTB : Elessey ; Strangeangels ; Play
Mania 4K : Kaito-kun ; AlexDB2x ; Dionysaw
Mania 7K : Kaito-kun ; AlexDB2x

Map testers :
Osu : Tracreed
Taiko : Niko-nyan
CTB : - Flutter -
Mania 4K : Transformau5
Mania 7K : Transformau5

Streamers :
Animetor ; PixelAngel ; Laconid ; -DjNemas-
Commentators :
Animetor ; PixelAngel ; Kyonko Hizara ; _-Sakuya-_
Statisticians :
lino1000
Moderators :
Elessey ; KaitoKid1998 ; lino1000 ; Animetor ; bigfeh ; asdfghjkl609 ; LuciferofHell

How to register
Registration Closed
I'm gonna use Slack to gather everyone in one place. This is the place where I make announcements and where players discuss with one another. There are different channels (#general, #random, #osu, #taiko, #ctb, #mania, etc.) and private channels for each team.

The tounament is open to everyone, whatever their rank is.
The time difference between the members of a team shouldn't be too big or some of the players will have to play at unconvenient times.

Modes
Quadrathlon : (Osu, Taiko, CTB, Mania 4k, Mania 7k)

Tournament format & rules
The matches will be doubles (2 vs 2)
A match will be divided into sets
A set will be divided into points
A set correspond to a specific mode.
The mode order will be randomly chosen.

Winning conditions :
To win the match, a team will needs to win 5 sets.
To win a set, a team needs to win 4 points.
To win a point, a team needs to have a higher score than the opposite team on a map.

If both teams reach 3 points, there will be a tiebreaker for a 4th point. The team that wins their 4th point wins the set.
If both teams reach 4 sets, there will be a tiebreaker for a 5th set. The team that wins their 5th set wins the match.

Other :
Only the scores of the players who are alive at the end of the map will count.
Players who fail won't have their scores counted unless they revive before the end of the map.
A disconnection will be regarded as a fail. A disconnected player's score won't be counted.
If all players from the same team fail, the map is over and the point will go to the opposite team.
If all players fail, the point will go to the team that failed last.
All information will be taken from the match history page (/mp)

Team rules
The number of players allowed will be 3 players at least and 15 players at most.
It is recommended to have substitutes players for each mode.
Before the match, the captain will give the names of the 4 players who will play each set (2 players at least + 1 or 2 substitutes). The other players won't be allowed to play.
Substitutions will be unlimited between those 4 players.

If a team doesn't have 2 players to play a set, they will lose the set 4-0 by forfeit.
If a team can't play a match, they will lose the match 5-0 by forfeit.
If both teams don't have 2 players to play a set, the winner will be chosen via !roll.
If both teams can't play a match, the winner will be chosen via !roll.
If a team loses 2 sets by forfeit, they will lose the match by fofeit.
If both teams lose 2 sets by forfeit, the winner will be chosen via !roll.

After a disconnection, the disconnected player won't be given any extra time. He'll have to come back or to be replaced before the next map.
If the player isn't replaced, the team will lose the set by abandon.

Mappools rules
The map pickers will select maps for each mode.
Osu (7 maps : 4 FreeMod ; 1 HardRock ; 1 Hidden ; 1 DoubleTime)
Taiko (7 maps : 4FM ; 1HR ; 1HD ; 1DT)
CTB (6 maps : 4FM ; 1HR ; 1HD ; 1DT)
Mania 4k (7 maps) (All freemod)
Mania 7k (7 maps) (All freemod)
Tiebreaker (5 maps : 1 for Osu ; 1 for Taiko ; 1 for CTB ; 1 for Mania 4k ; 1 for Mania 7k) (All freemod)

The mappools will be made accordingly to the players' skills, to be exact, the 2nd strongest player of the weakest team.

Mods rules for the Freemod maps
Allowed :
Hard Rock, Sudden Death, Perfect, Hidden, Fade In, Flashlight, Easy, No Fail
Forbidden :
Random
Any mod on a HR map, except HR. HRHD, HRFL, HRHDFL will only be allowed on the freemod maps.
Any mod on a HD map, except HD. HRHD, HDFL, HRHDFL will only be allowed on the freemod maps.
Any mod on a DT map. HRDT, HDDT, DTFL, HRHDDTFL will never be allowed.
Other :
Double Time will be enabled by the referee for the DT maps only.
Half Time will never be enabled.
Key mode changing mod won't work since the mania maps won't be autoconverted maps.

Match procedure
The room will be created by the referee supervisor 15 minutes before the match.
The referee will invite the captains from both teams.
The captains will invite the players for the first set/mode.
The referee will use "!roll 2" to determine who will pick the first map. Blue team will be 1 and red team will be 2.
2 warm-up maps will be played, one for each team. Players can pick any maps except the maps from the mappool.
Players will give the host back to the referee. Only the referee starts the maps.
For the official maps, the players will tell the name of the map they want to play to the referee. They can only choose maps from the mappool.
Players have 2 minutes to choose a map and change players if necessary. After that, the referee will make a request to the referee supervisor.
The referee supervisor will give extra time to choose a map and replace players. After that extra time, if the team fails to do so, they will lose the set 4-0 by forfeit.
Once the set is over, the referee will invite the captains so that they can invite the players for the next set/mode.
The procedure for the first set will be the same for the other sets.

Propriety rules
These rules will apply in the multiplayer chat, in the tournament thread and in the tournament Slack.
It will be expected from players to act nice and politely.
Any rude language towards another player who complains about it will result in a warning.
Any spam will result in a warning.
Any aggressive sexual language towards a player who complains about it will result in a warning.
Publishing or linking to mature content will result in a warning.
After 3 warnings, any misbehavior will result in a ban from the tournament and from the Slack.
A player who has been banned won't be replaced.

Dates
QTT Agenda

All the matches of the same round will be held in a single week

Prizes
Last but not least !
#1 : 2 months osu supporter for each player
juankristal
Its strange the thing that you are asking for but maybe it can be good. I just dont like the rolling system /:

I can try to help you as a staff member if you are planning to do more amount of tournaments (because i only play O!Mania D:)

Good luck !
Topic Starter
Elessey
I don't know if it's strange, I have never done this and I want it to run smoothly and to be a good tournament.
The rolling system is the part where I'm a bit hesitant.
If this turns out to be a success, I'll take a look at mania and integrate it in the next one. I can't make rules on games I don't understand.
juankristal

Elessey wrote:

I don't know if it's strange, I have never done this and I want it to run smoothly and to be a good tournament.
The rolling system is the part where I'm a bit hesitant.
If this turns out to be a success, I'll take a look at mania and integrate it in the next one. I can't make rules on games I don't understand.
I can help you with the mania rules if you are interesed of adding it. Maybe only the doubles match should be a roll system?
Topic Starter
Elessey
I'll think about it for mania.
The rolling is to know which team will choose first the mode (osu, taiko or ctb) and which team will choose the first map. But as I'm writing this I think the third solution is better. I'll choose the mode (osu, taiko, ctb) for each match by rolling the dice. And in the match, before the first point, I roll the dice (consider it as a coin flip) to determine who chooses the first map.

Example :
1st match for the first set (simple 1 vs 1)
I'll roll the dice, it goes 2. So it will be a Taiko match. The first team that scores 3 points will win the first set.
I'll roll the dice (coinflip) to determine who will pick the first beatmap. It goes 1. Team 1 will choose the 1st, then Team 2 the 2nd, Team 1 the 3rd, Team 2 the 4th (if there is a 4th match) and Team 1 the 5th (if there is a 5th match).
Team 1 wins this match 3-1 and gets the first set
So 1-0 for Team 1

2nd match for the second set (simple 1 vs 1)
I'll roll the dice; it goes 1. So it will be a osu match. The first team that scores 3 points will win the second set.
Etc.

It's complicated to explain it like this. It would be better in practice.
Alter-
Actually, me and my teammates are quite interested in joining this. If you do decide to convert this information into a fully functional tournament, please contact me or my teammates, we would love to enter this.
Topic Starter
Elessey
Ok ! When this is official, I'll definitely add you and your team to the list.
Alter-
However I do have a question, will there be a choice of maps where we (the competitors) will get to choose one map for the games? Or did I just not see it?

Also Dope for giving us the chance to join early... When we know the games are official, I will put in my teams application.

Also (number 2), I have an "IDEA" (WOAH EVERYONES MIND BLOWS UP). When the games go official, have a set of your favorite maps and put them on an voting list. Have everyone vote on their chose of map, the chosen map will then be forcefully selected to play (meaning everyone has to play it). Then round 2 begins, remove the forced map from round 1 (it's now gone), then put the second most voted map as the forcefully selected map for round 2 (everyone has to play it once). Then round 3 starts (which I am guessing the finals or so), remove the second forced map, and have the 3rd most voted map be the forcefully selected map (everyone has to play it). See what I am getting at?

Also (number 3), If you can get everything settled out, is it possible for the tournament to start earlier than 2015?
Topic Starter
Elessey
I'll start by your number 3 : no I can't, I have lots of stuff to do during the first semester of 2015. On the other hand that leaves us plenty of time to fine-tune this tournament.

It's difficult to explain without a live example.
Team 1 VS Team 2
First match => single 1 vs 1
I roll the dice => I get 2 => so the 3 maps (or 4 or 5) of this match will be taiko maps
I roll the dice again to choose who's gonna choose the 1st map => I get 1 => Player from Team 1 will choose
First map Team 1 wins
Second map Team 2 wins
Third map Team 2 wins
Fourth map Team 1 wins
Fifth map => Tiebreaker map from taiko maps => Player 1 chooses 5th map (he's chosen 1st map, 3rd map and player 2 has chosen 2nd map and 4th map)
Team 1 wins 3-2
Team 1 now leads 1-0

Second match single
Team 2 wins 3-0
Now there's 1-1
And so on, and so forth until one team reaches 3 sets of 3 points.

The long paragraph in the middle, I don't understand except that I should put the beatmaps to a vote. Not a bad idea. But I don't want people to prepare the maps for the finals 6 months before, do you understand ? I'll publish the mappools a week before the matches. During the week I'll listen to what the competitors will say about the mappools (too easy, too hard, music sucks, etc.), I'll be open to discussions. Unless there's a strong opposition to my choices, I will keep them.
Kaito-kun
If you need some help to integrate the mania category, I can see if I can be of use. Never done a tournament before, but I'm a mania addicted (sort of) player. So any explanations regarding the mode, you can send me a message or something of the sort, I'll answer them when it reaches me :D.

btw, if you end up adding the mania category, add me in :P.

PS: Got a question, when you say it's gonna be a thriatlon (Quadratlon if you add mania), it's gonna be like the WHOLE team needs to play the 4 modes, or it can be 1 person for each game mode. For example:

Player 1 plays osu!standard
Player 2 plays Taiko
Player 3 plays CtB
Player 4 plays o!m
Topic Starter
Elessey
Actually, I'm thinking of adding mania to it but I will need a lot of information on it. I'll talk to you in private.
Some players will need to know at least 2 modes since there are going to be 2vs2 matches as well.
Topic Starter
Elessey
The rules may seem complicated especially for those who don't know about the Davis Cup. So I'll will organize some exhibition matches between the competitors in march and in june so that everyone will understand how it works (me included) before the real competition.
Topic Starter
Elessey
Ok it's official now ! If you want to register to this tournament, send me your team name and the names of your team members. Or write it below.
Alter-
Team Name: The Team
Team Players :
TP1: Angellect > Osu! Standard and Taiko and Mania
TP2: ElfenLied102 > Osu! Standard and Mania
TP3: Kanoku > Osu! Standard and CtB
TP4: Drakkami > Osu! Standard and Mania
TP5: Cubear > Osu! Standard and CtB
Backup:
BP1: Amazing > Osu! Standard
BP2: [ Lynnsanity ] > Osu! Standard
BP3: JamesHakim13 > Osu! Standard
Topic Starter
Elessey
Thanks !
But you will only play with 6 players.
Here are your average performance points :
Angellect : 889pp
ElfenLied102 : 536pp
KanoKu : 454pp
Drakkami : 234pp
Cubear : 476pp
Amazing : 36pp
[ Lynnsanity ] : 319pp
JamesHakim13 : 231pp

Your team has 484pp on average (your 6 best players)

My advice would be to get rid of Amazing at least and another player.
Minhtam
Free agent available. Will play standard + CTB. If picked up, I'll actually take CTB seriously lol.
Topic Starter
Elessey
Are you alone ? Can't you find a team ? Maybe I can add you to a list for players that are looking for a team.
-Dyames
i think i'll join here. :D For Standard
Topic Starter
Elessey
I can add you to the list of players looking for a team if you don't have one already. I've looked at your profile and you seem to be a osu and mania player. I'll add those modes with your name.
- Calendula -
Hi there,

I am searching for team,
-prefer osu!standard (4000pp+)
-second o!mania
-third ctb
show more