forum

Advenas, newcomer on rhythm games.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Advenas
Hello everyone,

so yeah, as you can read in the title, I'm a total beginner in the world of rhythm games. I watched two-ish weeks ago a video of an IIDX crusher, who was also introducing the game, and it shone a light in my head. Even if I'm really bad at it, I just love seeing myself progress as days go on. My objective is not to beat the pro-players of rhythm games from all around the world, but just to be able, in a year or so, to look back at where I am now and to tell myself "Wow, look at what i've been through". Mainly Taiko, DJ Max and IIDX player atm.

And, if you're wondering, it's not the first time I've been through games that require A LOT of work : been a longtime shmup player, even if I stopped a year ago. But I loved the feeling of going through hard times, and it definitly strengthened me, even IRL.

I was also a huge player of MMORPGs, but I stopped because I found myself lacking real pleasure at the end of the day, playing only because of the friends, and not because I had fun on the game. One of my best decisions to date is to have stopped those.

To end the introduction, I'm briefly talking about me IRL : 20, making a comeback to life after a devastating 2013, which made me lost almost everything, and I could have lost even more. I'm rebuilding myself, and it is starting to work well.

Last thing, I'm French, so, sorry if my english isn't very diversified or if I made some mistakes in the writing.

See you on the forum !
Verniy_Chan
Welcome, Hope you like it here... (ง ´º◡º)ง
-Zone
My my~ What a long but yet amazing introduction, Advenas-san!
Aside from that--Welcome to osu! and it's community forum, hope you enjoy your stay and rhythm gaming!

Advenas wrote:

Last thing, I'm French, so, sorry if my english isn't very diversified or if I made some mistakes in the writing.
Your introduction is understandable so don't worry about it~ ^^
Cerulean Veyron
Welcome to the forums, Advenas!

Great intro, better not let 2015 destroy you c:
Topic Starter
Advenas
Thank you for the kind words, guys.

I'm doing everything so 2015 would be a good year. I made a lot of work on myself and others for months, so except if the sky would fall down on me, I should make it god damn work.
Nathan
Welcome to the osu! forums Advenas~
Raisha Millenia
welcome to the rhythm games(and osu!) and the forums!
HaruryuuSan
Welcome to osu! :3
Arohaina
welcome to the forums <(-^w^-)/
Eddy EX
Well welcome to osu! and the forums,
Practice makes perfect ^o^
Asuka-_old_1
Welcome to the forums m8. Good luck on your adventure! Practice makes perfect! Along with progress too.