forum

Youtube Poop Mapping Project [discography]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So I've noticed the lack of Youtube Poop material used on osu. Although YTP isn't really favored by all, it usually is pretty fun. I am making this project in order to somehow spark enthusiasm in making YTPMVs in osu.

What is a YTPMV?
Quite simply, it's where someone takes a source (does not have to be video games, but commonly is), and pitch shifts it to music using a program such as sony vegas.

How can I tell if a video is a YTPMV?
With the description above, some things like "Auto-Tune the news" can be classified as YTPMVs. In actuality, vidoes like that are NOT YTPs. YTPs usually use sounds instead of lyrics to make music. Usually, a YTP does not even have lyrics.

Are all YTPMVs good?
Of course not. A good YTPMV has good pitch shifting (Does not have to be perfect, but has to be good enough so it's generally going along with the song.), doesn't have misinterpreted rhythms (wrong rhythms pretty much.), and usually has more than one track (the creator doesn't just follow the melody, but may also add in percussion, bass, or whatever he feels neccesary.)

Ranked Youtube Poops
1. Scrub Scrub Scrub - Agent Spin Here
2. I.M. Crazy - CDFA
3. I Think I'll Eat It Now - Larto
4. What I want you to do - Larto
5. I-A-M-H-E-A-V-Y-W-E-A-P-O-N-S-G-U-Y - lukewarmholiday
6. The Shopkeeper: Under the sea - vytalibus
7. C-O-C-A-I-N-E - Zatoichi
8. Drop the Dodongo - Gens
9. DJ Shopkeeper - Mmmm Remix - Encrypto

*I know there are more YTP maps on osu, but I either have not asked them if I may add their map to the discography, or they have not allowed me to include it.

Pending YTP beatmaps
1. Super Sky High Man - CDFA

If you wish to have a YTP map added to this discography (ranked or pending. Not WIP though), please inform me so I can add you to the list.
Xgor
I love YTPMV's :D
Hmmmm, I might do "Gandalf's song to rule them all" but not right now...
MMzz
Would "My name is boxy" count as one?
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
I'm pretty sure, but I need to ask JJJ before adding it onto the project ~.
Jarby
My Name Is Boxxy is not youtube poop.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

JarJarJacob wrote:

My Name Is Boxxy is not youtube poop.
Oh.~

Thank you ~.
aRiskOfRain
Do any of the "THIS VIDEO SHOULD..." videos count?
NotShinta
I thought I posted

CDFA wrote:

Usually, a YTP does not even have lyrics.
They must have changed a lot than from when I liked them. Or maybe I looked at the wrong ones

Also, I Think I'll Eat It Now, What I Want You To Do and maybe I'm not fucking fat, all by Larto.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

IAmNotShinta wrote:

I thought I posted

CDFA wrote:

Usually, a YTP does not even have lyrics.
They must have changed a lot than from when I liked them. Or maybe I looked at the wrong ones

Also, I Think I'll Eat It Now, What I Want You To Do and maybe I'm not fucking fat, all by Larto.
Well, there's apparently 2 different kind of YTPs.

1, which I often see refered to as "old YTPMV style", is with lyrics. The other is the kind that I listen more to, by CommanderGwonam, MexicanSunflower, MilkshakemanCP, etc, which have no lyrics ~.

EDIT: I've decided to stop being lazy and PM people instead of hoping they'd see the thread and agree to stuff.
Encrypto
Of course you can use my Shopkeeper-Remix for this collab :D.
Mashley
You really don't have to ask people to pack their maps in a collab.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Ohok in that case I just added every YTPMV I can remember into this (Which oddly I've already asked everyone about it except for Gens ~).

I'm not really sure if YTMND would really be considered part of YTP.

If anybody has any I've forgotten, please tell me ~.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So so so nobody wants to map YTPMVs?

If you're lost on ideas, you can PM me and I can reccomend some YTPMVs to you~.