forum

[invalid] Lower the difficulty rating of all ctb maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Ok so there are two facts most of us know
1. The CTB scene is way less competive than the other ones
2. CTB maps are the top 3 hardest rating and take over 50% of the top 25 hardest ratings (not counting tag maps) (ranked maps)

How can this be? And it seems like tons of people have FCd the 7star maps. Also its stupid how with like 1hour of practice i can clear 6star CTB maps. So out of respect to the other mods lower the difficulty rating of all ctb by lets say 25%? We should show CTB players their place.
Bara-
But mania star rating is already to low
Still, Difficulty is messed up for non-standard modes, that's a fact
ColdTooth

baraatje123 wrote:

But mania star rating is already to low
Still, Difficulty is messed up for non-standard modes, that's a fact
^ this and CTB isn't adjusted
Samui_old_1
Tom94 is working on this, and is available on cuttingedge since 6 days ago.
Riari

Sea_Food wrote:

Ok so there are two facts most of us know
1. The CTB scene is way less competive than the other ones
2. CTB maps are the top 3 hardest rating and take over 50% of the top 25 hardest ratings (not counting tag maps) (ranked maps)

How can this be? And it seems like tons of people have FCd the 7star maps. Also its stupid how with like 1hour of practice i can clear 6star CTB maps. So out of respect to the other mods lower the difficulty rating of all ctb by lets say 25%? We should show CTB players their place.
Ok lets clear something up here,

1. Competitive =/= hard, why should difficulty rating be scaled by how competitive a mode is? That is a silly and unreasonable request that doesn't fit well at all, why don't you increase the star rating on standard because it is "More Competitive" than the other modes? Because that doesn't make sense.

2. Just because people have FC'd it doesn't make it not hard, it just means there is a high level of play out there in that mode, star rating might be a bit high right now; that has been noticed by the community and staff and is currently being fixed. If you actually looked at the stick you'd notice some guidelines to follow to not clog up these forums, but it seems like you haven't done anything of the sort.

Sea_Food wrote:

We should show CTB players their place.
At this point I wonder why you are even allowed to post here.
Dainesl
So what if CtB is less competitive?
So what if CtB takes up the majority of "hardest" maps?

This doesn't mean anything. The system is being worked on. Why would you want to lower an arbitrary number for the sake of "showing CtB players their place"? That makes no sense. At all.
drum drum

Samui wrote:

Tom94 is working on this, and is available on cuttingedge since 6 days ago.

Dainesl wrote:

This doesn't mean anything. The system is being worked on. Why would you want to lower an arbitrary number for the sake of "showing CtB players their place"? That makes no sense. At all.
^all of this

Be patient

Tom94 wrote:

These things don't implement themselves
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Dainesl wrote:

Ok thanks for pointing out that its being worked on. i missed it. Might aswell close this thread and if the fixes are not for this problem maybe i make a new thread.

Also i dont know did you miss the point in OP, but it was that the "arbitary number" is atm way too high compared to the other mods. So for example when i sort maps by difficulty and start from the top scrolling down its stupid that so many of the maps i see in the top are for the CTB mode even though CTB maps make such a small minority of the total maps in this game. Too bad if you got offended by my last line at the OP