forum

[invalid] Song auto-difficulty choosing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ProrokC2
Hai. When i'm getting through my songs, auto-difficulty pisses me off.
Before adding it was like that : Automaticly choosed the lowest difficulty to make you scroll through songs nice and fast.
After adding it is like that : Automaticly choosing from-butt difficulty to piss you off when you scroll through songs to find that one what u want to play on..
I want to add option to disable/enable it in option menu.
Sea_Food
How about just remove the entire thing for the game? Yes it makes scrolling through songs more inconvinient but there is also the thing that it simply does not work. 95% of people i asked including me has the auto difficulty way too low and the one other person had it way too high. Even if it did work why would i always want to play the same difficulty of songs? Now i know some ass will come to tell me that "but seafood it does not force you to play that difficulty" well idgaf its still stupid.
FrzR
Deal with it.
Granger
Sadly its been added so we cant do anything about it anymore, theres even a rule to not request toggles for new features.
Bara-
Don't request a toggle for *Insert new feature here* unless you want peppy to come to your home with a baseball bat

Granger, you meant this?
Sea_Food
Maybe if we rewrote that so it would seem like a new feature then it could work.
Granger

baraatje123 wrote:

Don't request a toggle for *Insert new feature here* unless you want peppy to come to your home with a baseball bat

Granger, you meant this?
Yes, of course.
jesse1412
Maybe if you knew that you could press the left and right arrows to move straight to the next song instead of the next difficulty, you wouldn't be complaining. So now you know.
buny

jesus1412 wrote:

Maybe if you knew that you could press the left and right arrows to move straight to the next song instead of the next difficulty, you wouldn't be complaining. So now you know.
this,

also I'm genuinely curious how choosing difficulty automatically makes you scroll faster (or slower)
If you truly wanted to scroll fast, then use your mouse wheel or right click. If you're going through each song one by one then use left/right arrow keys
Sea_Food

buny wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

this,

also I'm genuinely curious how choosing difficulty automatically makes you scroll faster (or slower)
If you truly wanted to scroll fast, then use your mouse wheel or right click. If you're going through each song one by one then use left/right arrow keys
Ok guys here is why.

Pre patch when i scrolled the difficulty selected was always the one in the top like this:

This means two important things
1. I can always see the next difficulty when scrolling upwards which means i can read them better when im scrolling songs fast one by one. This saves atleast like 0.3seconds per song, so if i scroll trough 100 its already very noticeable aumont of time.
2. Notice where the cursor is on the screen? Pre patch i could keep the cursor in that spot and just click left click and i would advance songs one by one. This patch how ever when i click the next song, the song after that is is most likely not in the same spot, and there is even a good chance its not even in the screen at all no matter what direction i am scrolling. This means that this patch scrolling by just mouse is esensially impossible as i have to drag the song selected song up or down just so i could click the next song in line.

Just for clarity this patch when i click next song i most likely see somethign like this

Use keyboard? Yeah i know i have to because of the patch. But there is also the problem that AFAIK there is no way to scroll trough many songs fast with the keyboard. Fastest is page up and page down which take like 1minute to go trough my song libary. So i have to use the right click function of my mouse. And this in turn means that i have to use my both hands to scroll through maps. And that is bullshit. Atleast when you think of that there is zero positive features of this patch.
buny
I'd rather have the auto-difficulty than what you described, simply because the auto-difficulty serves more use.

Toggles also are prohibited from being asked as a request, and I reallllllllllly don't see peppy reverting this feature also.
jesse1412
You don't read the songs 1 by 1 seafood, you listen to the songs as they come and check the bg, if you read them then you're being inefficient in which case you can't argue about the efficiency of a feature. This seems pointless, use your keyboard, if you want to scroll down your ENTIRE songs list then you're probably better off just pressing f2.
drum drum

Guidelines:

1. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.