forum

Exp bar in scorescreen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
Hi! I just feel that it's kinda hard to see the experience gained after you've played a song.
This is because you actually have to remember where your exp bar was at before playing the map.
If we could have seen the exp bar in the scorescreen right after playing the map, the feeling of levling up would have been much more visible, and more fun.

Also, to make it really easy to see the difference before and after playing the map, it would have been pretty cool to add some effects that maybe slowed down the rate of the barspeed ("the filling up effect", kind of).

Hope I made this clear, and understandable.
What do you guys think of this idea?

This is an image of how it could be:
Bara-
What do you even use that for?
Level means nothing
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

baraatje123 wrote:

What do you even use that for?
Level means nothing

Why do you think we have lvl in Osu! ? Obviously it's more of a big thing before lvl 100.
I think the main reason is to have some sort of achievement when you're playing a map, but didn't set a better score than what you already had on the spesific map. You will atleast gain level, better than nothing at all (when not gaining pp).

Anyway, the reason why I want this to happen, is just so that it will be more fun to lvl up.
Bara-

Osu!Wiki wrote:

What does Level in my profile actually do?

Absolutely nothing. There is no differences in any way when comparing a Level 100 player against a Level 1 player except the player's own skills and experience of play. There is no handicap for the lower level nor is there an advantage for the higher level (except personal experience and hardware used).

Level is based on your total score accumulated when online with your account whether you pass or fail the beatmap. Formula given here
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

baraatje123 wrote:

Osu!Wiki wrote:

What does Level in my profile actually do?

Absolutely nothing. There is no differences in any way when comparing a Level 100 player against a Level 1 player except the player's own skills and experience of play. There is no handicap for the lower level nor is there an advantage for the higher level (except personal experience and hardware used).

Level is based on your total score accumulated when online with your account whether you pass or fail the beatmap. Formula given here

Yes yes, of course I know that ..... but when we already have level in Osu! .. why not make it more fun to lvl up?? don't you get it?
Bara-
Nvm
I get it
Still I don't see the point in having it, let alone making it funnier
It would be cool if you do get a level up thing
Like a pling, or a ding, or a ploosh (Plz ignore this)
If that happens, I'll agree with this, but as level up means nothing for me, I can't agree with this, sorry
Oinari-sama

baraatje123 wrote:

It would be cool if you do get a level up thing
Like a pling, or a ding, or a ploosh (Plz ignore this)
That'll be t/139295.

On Topic: Some sort of feedback either as colour contrast in the XP bar (the example in the OP) or just a plain "+X%" (osu!Rank style) will be nice. Low priority though.
Leetrapoi
I did like the idea, as it might be more useful than just leaving it on it's own and not noticing when you level up.
- Marco -
Atm just scroll down fast and you'll see the level bar growing :D
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

marcostudios wrote:

Yeah, it's not good as it is.. you can do that, or press esc really fast so you can watch it grow ^^
- Marco -

AndreasHD wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

Yeah, it's not good as it is.. you can do that, or press esc really fast so you can watch it grow ^^
But in that way scores could not be sended. Better not risk :)
Samui_old_1

Oinari-sama wrote:

Some sort of feedback either as colour contrast in the XP bar (the example in the OP) or just a plain "+X%" (osu!Rank style) will be nice. Low priority though.

Something like this, Oinari sama?

And I prefer +%, since on Level 100+ the exp bar increase is not really noticable.
Oinari-sama

Samui wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Some sort of feedback either as colour contrast in the XP bar (the example in the OP) or just a plain "+X%" (osu!Rank style) will be nice. Low priority though.

Something like this, Oinari sama?

And I prefer +%, since on Level 100+ the exp bar increase is not really noticable.
Well yeah something like that if the "green portion" is too troublesome to do. As you can see in your example, some planning is needed to avoid over crowding of texts.
Topic Starter
AndreasHD
Yeah, to not get too much mess with texts all over it, I think it's good enough to just have the "green portion"
Not only that, but at lvl 100, we won't really see the difference.. makes it cleen anyway, and it doesn't look like we are grinding lvl's!
buny
I think it'd be pretty neat to have this, since it gives more incentive to lower levels to play (they're the only ones that care about level) by giving them a sense of achievement

not being sarcastic either
Topic Starter
AndreasHD

buny wrote:

I think it'd be pretty neat to have this, since it gives more incentive to lower levels to play (they're the only ones that care about level) by giving them a sense of achievement

not being sarcastic either
Yes, this is EXACTLY why I want this (not because I need it myself!lol)
Hope to push this topic to first priority someday :roll:
Founntain
i think its a cool idea :)