forum

[duplicate] Filter beatmaps by NOT in Collection

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +46
Topic Starter
Grabz
I'd like to suggest a filter to the beatmap selection screen. It's currently possible to filter beatmaps by a collection. I'd like to be able to filter by beatmaps which are not in a specific collection. The possible usage for this feature would be: say you have a "Completed" collection where you put all beatmaps you've FC'd. This feature would allow you to filter out all of the beatmaps which are in the "Completed" collection and as a result the ones you don't want to play become invisible.

Another small suggestion from me is to add a "Not in any collection" category to the beatmap selection screen when using Group by Collection.
xasuma
Yes!
I was going to suggest this before but I forgot what it was, lol
Unsafeman121
If feel like this is a similar conclusion to what these people came to in the end (but yours is a lot clearer and essentially sums up the thread so w/e): https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/164558

This is something which I have also thought about a lot, and for some reason, never got around to posting as a suggestion. I am completely in support and I think that this would definitely be useful for many many players :)
Topic Starter
Grabz

Unsafeman121 wrote:

If feel like this is a similar conclusion to what these people came to in the end (but yours is a lot clearer and essentially sums up the thread so w/e): https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/164558

This is something which I have also thought about a lot, and for some reason, never got around to posting as a suggestion. I am completely in support and I think that this would definitely be useful for many many players :)
Exactly. It's hard to decide what exactly should be considered as FC for some players, so an algorithm for that would not satisfy everyone. Some players would only want a filter for absolute FC, other people would be fine without finishing a few sliders.

Keeping a collection of completed maps is not that difficult to begin with (if you care its no effort), and maintaining a second collection for incomplete maps is very tedious and inefficient, given that all you need is to see all beatmaps which are not in that collection.
Unsafeman121
yeah, that seems to be the main issue here ~ I'll have to try and think of something feasible that would be good for most people :/

One of the issues is that a few sliderbreaks would give you the same combo number as a miss on one of the last notes, which often happens. Some people would consider that sufficient for them and others wouldn't ~ it really is a little problematic :S
Bara-
Uhm
The thread you linked has more sp
If it actually is the same, as the purpose of this for you is the same as requested there, this would should go away
But don't forget bumping that old thread then :P
Unsafeman121
yeah ~ I just wanted to check that they were talking about the same thing and that I hadn't misunderstood something :P
xasuma
Well, this thread and the one linked above are completely different in my eyes.
The other one is to see maps you didn't FC. This one is for maps that aren't in a collection.

I would use this feature to integrate songs i've never played before into my current collections. Until I have every song into a collection. (It is hard to find song after a while that aren''t already in your collections, assuming you are constantly adding new maps to them). In my case this has nothing to do with the other thread for that reason, so don't mix them up please.
Bara-
Maybe these coupd be merged
A staff member will hopefully reply here and give some info about that
Unsafeman121

xasuma wrote:

Well, this thread and the one linked above are completely different in my eyes.
The other one is to see maps you didn't FC. This one is for maps that aren't in a collection.
Ah, yes, I see your point ~ sorry about that :P
Bara-
Well
Tge purpose of this thread by the OP is so he can see maps which are not jn FC collection
Oinari-sama
This is the real one you're after: t/132590

Good to see people start searching ;)