forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Spiritoftime
Anyone know why i can't open 80% of my beat-maps with the latest cutting edge update? It just says they fail to load. I was playing them two hours ago perfectly fine.
Pitreq
Having problem to load 80% of my maps.. (started to happen exactly in the latest update, which was 30m-1h ago)
Vex
It seems that unranked maps are having trouble being loaded.
Magnolia

Spiritoftime wrote:

Anyone know why i can't open 80% of my beat-maps with the latest cutting edge update? It just says they fail to load. I was playing them two hours ago perfectly fine.
look at my post litterally just above you, its been brought up

EDIT: thanks peppy the update you just pushed fixed it!
NeonWolfy
I can't play osu! the screen is suppose to be full but instead it is only a quarter and i can't see what i'm clicking because it's only a quarter :(
Trosk-

NeonWolfy wrote:

I can't play osu! the screen is suppose to be full but instead it is only a quarter and i can't see what i'm clicking because it's only a quarter :(

Update/Install your GPU drivers.
Alpha_00
At the moment, when I open osu, the game immediately becomes unresponsive, before I can even interact with any of the menus. While this'll probably be fixed soon, is there any way I can rollback to beta or stable without going through the client itself?
imagaK

Alpha_00 wrote:

At the moment, when I open osu, the game immediately becomes unresponsive, before I can even interact with any of the menus. While this'll probably be fixed soon, is there any way I can rollback to beta or stable without going through the client itself?
In your osu folder, open osu!.cfg and change "_ReleaseStream = CuttingEdge" line to "_ReleaseStream = Stable". It should be the topmost line, atleast it was for me. Then just start osu!.exe and it will update to the fallback stable release.
Alpha_00

imagaK wrote:

Alpha_00 wrote:

In your osu folder, open osu!.cfg and change "_ReleaseStream = CuttingEdge" line to "_ReleaseStream = Stable". It should be the topmost line, atleast it was for me. Then just start osu!.exe and it will update to the fallback stable release.
I tried to do this after checking the osu.cfg and seeing that line, but then I run into another issue: the update goes to ~10%, stalls for a second, and then says my connection was interrupted, even though I don't see any other signs of disconnect on my end. Not quite sure what's up.

A side note, will reinstalling it from scratch wipe my beatmaps/collections/skins? I may just do that if this connection issue doesn't fix itself.
peppy
Reinstalling will repair your game and not remove any files. Just make sure not to uninstall first.
pingal1ty
Since the last update the fps meter does not show in-game (while playing a song) anymore, instead I see something that looks like an input lag meter.

I don't know for the rest of you guys but its giving me some troubles for myself. While playing Solo I get reads between 0.30 and 0.40ms (if you wonder how can be this low, I play on an old 19" CRT monitor which is hugely better for input lag in comparison to any of todays TFT, LCD, LED, etc monitors)

The thing is when I am in song selection it goes to 4.x ms and while playing multiplayer it stays on that value, also I noticed yesterday while playing MP that I was having some kind of lags, the circles stopped for like a moment then the song continues going. Like if my computer wouldn't be able to handle osu. I am not running anything in the background while I play osu

My computer is old but should be fair enough to run osu, my specs :

Intel core i7 920 2.66ghz
6GB RAM tri-channel DDR3-1066Mhz
Nvidia GTX 275 SSC 1792MB
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10.000rpm.

Before the update I don't know what was the input lag, but I am sure I wasnt having those kind of microcuts while playing MP, and its kind of weird that menu and MP does read 4.2ms input lag and singleplaying just 0.40 or less.

Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

PS: I don't know if this is the right section of the forum, excuse me if I post it in the wrong place.
FuZ
It's not the right section but your thread will probably get moved

Try using FPS limit : Unlimited instead of Unlimited (gameplay)

Unlimited (gameplay) lock your fps in menu to 240 (around 4.2ms)

Also the meter is not really an input lag meter, you can get input lag even if you're below 1ms
pingal1ty
What about the aproaching circles stopping in MP for a moment? I haven't had that before and I always played with 240fps or unlimited (gameplay) and 0 problems. Why of a sudden just for switching to Stable channel I've all this ? Anyways not going to break my head, i just posted my experience and its so frustrating when you know its not you or your computer because before the update everything was fine, now the update screwed it, its that plain simple to understand it.
FuZ

pingal1ty wrote:

What about the aproaching circles stopping in MP for a moment? I haven't had that before and I always played with 240fps or unlimited (gameplay) and 0 problems. Why of a sudden just for switching to Stable channel I've all this ?
Maybe you have compatibility problem with the new build, have you tried switching back to the old build "Stable (Fallback)"? It should solve the problem until a more stable "Stable" version is deployed. I can't help more
pingal1ty
Switched to Unlimited and now no problems on MP playing but I can't see the FPS counter because in this release its not showing while playing and I only see the input lag, so I don't know on how much FPS I was playing. What is the point on having an FPS counter that it just shows on the game menu and not while playing? Can't understand.
FuZ

pingal1ty wrote:

Switched to Unlimited and now no problems on MP playing but I can't see the FPS counter because in this release its not showing while playing and I only see the input lag, so I don't know on how much FPS I was playing. What is the point on having an FPS counter that it just shows on the game menu and not while playing? Can't understand.
You can still see your fps with the new meter, use the formula 1000 / ms
pingal1ty
Why I just can't see the number like before? ¬¬ Anyways thanks for the info
sonicyellow
The maximum spins per minute (SPM) appears to be 318 when playing DT, as opposed to 477 without DT. Is this an intended change?
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix any chance of nullrefs occurring on cursor trail drawing. (peppy)
  2. Don't apply dim animations to repeat endpoints of sliders (looks silly). (peppy)
  3. Allow all volume controls to display even during play mode. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151029cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
r0ck
  1. Issue: Slider start circle is appearing (rendering?) with little "delay", or more precisely, it's appearing with transparency which slowly turns to opacity.
  2. Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQwKJB ... e=youtu.be (up = cutting-edge, down = stable/beta).
  3. Details: I have slider start circle that's black inside so it looks like normal ring circle on the black background and doesn't appear as gray inside because of the gray slider track. It's working perfectly on stable/beta but not on the cutting edge. On cutting edge everytime when slider appears first what I see is my half-transparent circle on the gray background, and only after few milliseconds it looks how it should. For me it's SUPER distracting and I don't really see a point of that change so why doesn't keep it normal way (like it's on stable/beta) or atleast make it as option (in skin.ini maybe).
Neliel
Connection issues for german players are still not fixed. Alot of players have dcs every 5 seconds ~
Any news?
Trosk-

Deadlyneliel wrote:

Connection issues for german players are still not fixed. Alot of players have dcs every 5 seconds ~
Any news?
Are you actually being disconnected from Bancho, or just getting a "broken chain" icon on the bottom right of the screen?
Neliel
Broken Chain icon and stucked in "Waiting for all players to finish" in multiplayer.

Another issue is that you can get the whole Multiplayer lobby stucked https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3885327 , but this is not connection related. Just thought I mention it. I dont even know what I did there, but I wasnt changing the beatmap and I already was ready to start >_>
KoLkkE
Long slider dissapears when using Hidden mod? Build b20151030beta
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrdqsEBFA0
VeilStar

KoLkkE wrote:

This is intended. See the changelog.
KoLkkE

VeilStar wrote:

KoLkkE wrote:

This is intended. See the changelog.
So if a song has a really long slider u are not going to see where the slider end anymore? sigh
Kymsar
In the post game window, the aplause sound sometimes is the one on my skin, sometimes is the one in the default skin and sometimes doesnt even sound any aplause at all. Build b20151030.1
VeilStar

KoLkkE wrote:

So if a song has a really long slider u are not going to see where the slider end anymore? sigh
It fades in the same way as short sliders. It's still slightly visible untill the slider had ended. But yeah, that's how it currently works in cuttingedge right now, and it's not a bug.
Graphite Edge
Graphics glitch/bug issue see:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3890265
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3890259
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3890267
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3890290
(its hard to take screenshots of it because its so random and disapears if you press F8/F9/scroll etc)

It also happens on gameplay too, interface/graphics goes all bugged, multiplayer and chat is not a problem at all but when it happens on gameplay its annoying and make me miss sometimes, i was running osu! on windows 10 all fine no bugs then i had to reinstall it, latest gpu drivers/tablet/keyboard etc, i updated osu! to latest CE build and it started to happens.

I tried in a fresh installed osu! cutting edge latest build but the graphic bug/glitch is still there. I hope it helps to find a fix for this. If more detail information is needed about hardware etc ask me. Thanks in advance!

PD: Sorry for my terrible english :P
Drezi

BanchoBot wrote:

[*] Don't apply dim animations to repeat endpoints of sliders (looks silly). (peppy)
After this, the reverse arrow itself shows up right away with full opacity (being more dominant than the combo number itself), and I find this very distracting, because it is harder to determine at first sight where the slider starts. Before this, when the slider started to appear only one of the ends was non-empty, the reverse arrow showed up a tiny bit later, it was perfect. (Also, currently the animation starts a bit earlier, so the reverse arrow reaches it's peak animation size as the slider fully appears, drawing even more focus from the slider start.)

Before:
SPOILER
:288

:460

:545

Currently:
SPOILER
:288

:460

:545
k3m0k3
Texture corruption can randomly happen when you alt-tab the game and come back in. Here is a SS: http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot001-115.jpg
Im running a A10-5757M with radeon 8750M on latest drivers.
k3m0k3

pingal1ty wrote:

Its showing frametimes instead of fps. It shows frametimes in ms (1000/fps).
_T_O_T_O_R_O_
It opens up to a blank white window, I tried repairing it but did not work.
A Mystery

k3m0k3 wrote:

Texture corruption can randomly happen when you alt-tab the game and come back in. Here is a SS: http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot001-115.jpg
Are you sure it's not your graphics card driver? I have very similar texture corruptions when my drivers crash and I tab back into the game.
Fatal3ty
Mania Scrollspeed Issues open any Beatmaps

Every time I open the Beat Maps, constantly put back to 1. Under Settings, it is enabled and it just does not want to remember this speed. :(
Ciuriya
Just noticed that if a beatmap is qualified and you have a local offset on it, the qualified warning appears and is promptly replaced by the local offset warning which vanishes shortly after.

Then, all that's left is a loading wheel for the remainder of the qualified warning duration instead of the warning itself.
Haskorion
fatal3ty's post

Fatal3ty wrote:

Mania Scrollspeed Issues open any Beatmaps

Every time I open the Beat Maps, constantly put back to 1. Under Settings, it is enabled and it just does not want to remember this speed. :(

Everytime the option gets disbaled it doesn't store the speeds anymore. That's the natural part.

The unnatural part is that all maps are reset to a speed of 1. After playing one map it stores the used speed but plays on other maps still use 1 instead of the last played speed.
O2MasterFX
Mania scroll speed is resetted after october 27 update.
I would like to update the client again but I'm having connection issue right now.
k3m0k3

A Mystery wrote:

k3m0k3 wrote:

Are you sure it's not your graphics card driver? I have very similar texture corruptions when my drivers crash and I tab back into the game.
I just reinstalled drivers. Did full DDU uninstall then reinstalled the new ones, still the same. And the more i alt-tab more and more textures get corrupted. But when i hover over ex. corrupted fonts on search box they reset back to normal.
Also i cant seem to stream osu at all. The input i get from game capture in obs is completely corrupted.

#edit nevermind, i flashed a new BIOS and did some driver trick i found online and it seems to be fixed for now.
imagaK
Bug with spectating, after clicking on spectate it switches from beginning of the beatmap played to the score screen and back, this goes on indefinitly until I kill the process or spam altf4 fast enough (ESC spam does nothing).
It just sometimes happens randomly I have no 100% way of reproducing but I recorded it and will upload if needed.
show more