forum

Hey, I need some help at skinning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Padrae
Hey.

Ive downloaded a few skins to mix em up so my skin is like i want it. I am too bad at photoshop to create a skin completely on my own and way too lazy for it. Besides of it i am already using a skin i like. There are just a few things id like to edit.

For ex. id like to have good looking lines as follow points, my actual skin havent got any so ive added some simple ones. 2nd thing is that id like to have thumbnails in the song selection. Ive tried to figure out how to change the skin version (in the skin.ini data?) but sadly it didnt work :/

Id really appreciate any help you guys can offer
SAOnline
For #1 If you are just using this skin for personal use then off the top of my head Elzapatoverde's IA skin or Amanystya's Hatsune Miku Bluz skin both have nice follow lines from my experience using them.

#2 It's very simple actually. All you have to do is open the skin.ini file and change the Version to 2.2 or 2.3 (2.3 being the latest) or if there is no "Version: __" line just add one in like in the screenshot below. Also make sure that in your options in osu that you have "Song Thumbnails" checked.
This thread is also a good resource to have in the future if you are ever curious about skin settings and the like.

GL, let me know if you have more questions as I'm more than happy to help! :)
lit120
Here's something that you need
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini

Any questions for skinning? Click here. Don't ask anything about skinning here.
Topic Starter
Padrae

SAOnline wrote:

For #1 If you are just using this skin for personal use then off the top of my head Elzapatoverde's IA skin or Amanystya's Hatsune Miku Bluz skin both have nice follow lines from my experience using them.

#2 It's very simple actually. All you have to do is open the skin.ini file and change the Version to 2.2 or 2.3 (2.3 being the latest) or if there is no "Version: __" line just add one in like in the screenshot below. Also make sure that in your options in osu that you have "Song Thumbnails" checked.
This thread is also a good resource to have in the future if you are ever curious about skin settings and the like.

GL, let me know if you have more questions as I'm more than happy to help! :)

Thx mate. while trying out other things i found the skin.ini .... ive always edited a wrong data :cry:

Just looking out for an animated follow point as a line. downloading both skins right now to try em out.

oh and yeah, just personal use. gonna share it with a friend maybe, at least some textures of it but i wont upload it anywhere
Topic Starter
Padrae
Okay, i think ive finished it so far. thanks for the help